Xisco

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why does everyone think Viduka will leave? Surely there is time for him to be offered a new contract ...

Viduka's contract technically does not run out this year, there is an option for a 3rd year. I'm not sure what the terms are but I would imagine it would be on the same money as he is now. I guess we would have to release him from that contract and then attempt to resign him if we want to change the terms of his contract to a pay as you play one, which would be the sensible course of action.

I'm quite baffled as to why so many people would promote him to the first team squad. He's shown nothing to justify a promotion on the pitch and fair enough people can say he hasn't been given a chance but three managers haven't rated him.

Though for me  the biggest reason I wouldn't keep him is down to attitude. Yeah he might say the right things but actions speak louder than words. If he rated himself as a footballer he would be kicking up a fuss demanding to play, it's not like he's got some fantastic players ahead of him. There's not a decent footballer out who has got the hunger/desire to make it at the top level that would put up with not being able to get into a team like Newcastle!

Fair play to the lad though because if I was on his money and not playing I would just accept the money and say the right things about "taking my chance when it comes". That's because I know I'm not good enough for the top level (just about up to pub team standard!) and had struck lucky which is what I think Xisco is also thinking!

why so tough on him? 3 managers reviewed him and didnt like him? oh come on.

Keegan just met the man. then he resignet.

Kinnear is an utter cunt. and, he dont even like viduka, and prefers Shola... nuff said.

Shearer has had 6 matches?, and have to get us out of relegation. with viduka, martins and owen in front of him.

come on? where is he supposed to get his chance?, how do you suggest he is reviewed properly?

as far as i can remember hes been a bit injured this season as well!

give the lad a chance, and dont be so utter cunts. becouse he havent scored 20 goals this season. hey, hes just 7 goals short of owen actually, and hes played 40 minutes in total or something?

why so tough on him? 3 managers reviewed him and didnt like him? oh come on.

Keegan just met the man. then he resignet.

Kinnear is an utter c***. and, he dont even like viduka, and prefers Shola... nuff said.

Shearer has had 6 matches?, and have to get us out of relegation. with viduka, martins and owen in front of him.

come on? where is he supposed to get his chance?, how do you suggest he is reviewed properly?

as far as i can remember hes been a bit injured this season as well!

give the lad a chance, and dont be so utter c***s. becouse he havent scored 20 goals this season. hey, hes just 7 goals short of owen actually, and hes played 40 minutes in total or something?

That's not the full story though. None of the manager's including hughton (who you've missed from that list) have even considered him as an option for the bench. FFS an 18 year old kid who's never played a first team game is considered a better option than Xisco. I've hardly seen the lad play but the coaches seee him every day in training, if he can't make even make a 7 man bench then there is something seriously wrong about his training.

Guest deporik

Have to admit that as a signing, he's been a bit of a nightmare for you but you'd be foolish to write him off just yet. He's obviously struggled with many aspects since his move from Depor but the lad isn't the donkey that some of you seem to think he is. If Shearer is still in charge next year, I really think Xisco could benefit from his knowledge but if Joke Kinnear comes back then I guess you just as well sell him this summer.

I don't think he's ever going to be your next Alan Shearer but if the guy is given a chance, I'm pretty sure he'll be surprising a few of you. His goal to games ratio isn't spectacular but under the circumstances, it's not that bad at all.

39 goals in 53 games for Deportivo B is pretty good in my opinion and his record of 12 goals in 43 games for the first team is better than it looks, considering how shocking we were when he established himself. He went out on loan to Vecindario who finished bottom of the league but he still managed to score 13 goals from 27 games (nearly a third of all their goals). His record for Spain's U21's isn't too shoddy either, scoring 3 goals from 8 games.

I hope he gets his chance and takes it for all of you. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that Kinnear decides to hang up his boots/pacemaker.

I'm quite baffled as to why so many people would promote him to the first team squad. He's shown nothing to justify a promotion on the pitch and fair enough people can say he hasn't been given a chance but three managers haven't rated him.

Though for me  the biggest reason I wouldn't keep him is down to attitude. Yeah he might say the right things but actions speak louder than words. If he rated himself as a footballer he would be kicking up a fuss demanding to play, it's not like he's got some fantastic players ahead of him. There's not a decent footballer out who has got the hunger/desire to make it at the top level that would put up with not being able to get into a team like Newcastle!

Fair play to the lad though because if I was on his money and not playing I would just accept the money and say the right things about "taking my chance when it comes". That's because I know I'm not good enough for the top level (just about up to pub team standard!) and had struck lucky which is what I think Xisco is also thinking!

He has a decent scoring record in Spain, if not spectacular. He has been scoring goals in the reserves and was on the verge of coming back into the first team picture before he got injured. Whether he'll be able to step up a grade is another matter but I wouldn't want to write him off without having a proper look at him. Other than Viduka, you would think all our strikers are a waste of space if you judged them on the evidence of a couple of matches.

Guys remember how we spent 6million on a certain Spanish Left back who has seemed to come good ? Relax, let him settle in hey before we jump on the get rid of is shite train?

I never had a problem with Enrique before though. He's always looked competent enough to me. Especially when Keegan was in charge. It was just that halfwit Kinnear who had a problem with him. I know Keegan wanted cover but I don't remember him coming up pretty much slating Enrique in the press.

Guys remember how we spent 6million on a certain Spanish Left back who has seemed to come good ? Relax, let him settle in hey before we jump on the get rid of is shite train?

I never had a problem with Enrique before though. He's always looked competent enough to me. Especially when Keegan was in charge. It was just that halfwit Kinnear who had a problem with him. I know Keegan wanted cover but I don't remember him coming up pretty much slating Enrique in the press.

Don't think he ever criticised him outright, but Allardyce didn't seem keen on him. Strange, especially since we've seen glimpes of his quality and how good he can be.

Don't think he ever criticised him outright, but Allardyce didn't seem keen on him. Strange, especially since we've seen glimpes of his quality and how good he can be.

Even stranger was the fact he bought the fucker in the first place and immediately didn't fancy him tbh. 

Even stranger was the fact he bought the fucker in the first place and immediately didn't fancy him tbh. 

Allardyce has a reputation of buying players with a scattergun approach. Buy a batchload of 6-10, chances are a couple will work out. He was interested in Luque before he arrived here and actually watched him.

Keep him, coach him, give him a fair chance.

I remember Kinnear making a comment about him after the first couple days of practice.  He said something about Xisco not being in the right place and it seemed that from that point on he was buried.  I don't see how the club can even get 3M for him at this point so it's better business to see that if you can't make him worth the original investment, you at least rehab his reputation enough to sell him and get something worthwhile back.

Enrique though has always shown some ability, desire, strength, passion, energy....everything that Xisco lacks.

Also why is there an option to promote him to the 1st team squad?  He's been in the 1st team squad from the first day he's been here, he's just not good enough to be selected for the first team,  it would be a player like Sammy Ameobi who would get promoted to the first team squad, the likes of Xisco, Carroll and Ranger have been in the first team squad for all or part of the season.

If we are safe on the last day of the season (big IF) and he's fit we should start him imo. If theres nothing to lose then why not. We've seen enough of most of the wasters at our club and we know who isnt up to it from the regulars. Start him with Viduka and i'm sure he'll get a chance or two.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Petay

So what do we think will happen to the lad now?  I'd love him to stay I think he could be excellent and a massively valuable player for us and I can't imagine he's on high wages.  However I think he'll be gagging to leave, he came to a premier league club that is now a championship one, has had four managers, and hasn't even made the bench to help sort the cluster f*** that was our season.

So what do we think will happen to the lad now?  I'd love him to stay I think he could be excellent and a massively valuable player for us and I can' imagine he's on high wages.  However I think he'll be gagging to leave, he came to a premier league club that is now a championship one, has had four managers, and hasn't even made the bench to help sort the cluster f*** that was our season.

one of the papers quoted him as on 50k p/w and a 6 year contract today!! 

can't see that being the most accurate reporting :dowie:

Guest ovesbar

Xisco must be the most effective player we had this season? Surely more goals per minute than any other of our so-called footballers..  :dave: