Xisco

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He can control a football and has better movement. Carroll has the committment without the technique and winds up in midfield winning balls back when he should be assaulting the opposition's box with ferocity.

that is something i notice about carroll he does end up too far away from the box alright. Xisco did show some good control alright and i would like to see him get a go, give him a chance to show what he has

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I just think Xisco would be more willing to move with the ball and actually shoot and get in goalscoring positions. Might take a few games for his confidence/fitness to come back but with Carroll he's a committed lad but he just seems like a headless chicken at times and he needs to start getting some shots away. We can't just rely on an aerial threat as the only means to score.

When our central midfielders are the likes of Nolan, Smith & Butt it kind of dictates that the strikers have to drop off to give them options & get the ball atall. Its not like theyre experts at threading through balls inbetween the defence. Then they'll have a defender right behind them, so unless Xisco is a pro at taking on players i dont see him being much better. Carroll suits our abilty more...knocking in higher balls to more advanced positions & him knocking them down. If ameobi's level of anticipation & control wasnt so disasterous it'd work pretty well to.

When our central midfielders are the likes of Nolan, Smith & Butt it kind of dictates that the strikers have to drop off to give them options & get the ball atall. Its not like theyre experts at threading through balls inbetween the defence. Then they'll have a defender right behind them, so unless Xisco is a pro at taking on players i dont see him being much better. Carroll suits our abilty more...knocking in higher balls to more advanced positions & him knocking them down. If ameobi's level of anticipation & control wasnt so disasterous it'd work pretty well to.

Hence why I'd play Carroll and Xisco from the start.

• 2 weeks later...

I want him to leave. I just want him to make a career with football. I feel really sorry for him, bet he couldn't have thought this time last year he would have been dropped by Joe Kinnear and on the bench for a Championship team.

Guest BooBoo

I want him to leave. I just want him to make a career with football. I feel really sorry for him, bet he couldn't have thought this time last year he would have been dropped by Joe Kinnear and on the bench for a Championship team.

At the same time he's been unimpressive at first team and reserve level. Its not as if he's been harshly omitted from the side.

Talk about a bad year:

Keegan walking out on the club with him being signed cited as one of the major reasons. Scores on his debut then can't even buy a place on the bench. Outed by some woman's magazine. Having Joe Kinnear as a manager. All the players in his position bar Ameobi being sold and he still can't get a game.

Guest Heneage

At the same time he's been unimpressive at first team and reserve level. Its not as if he's been harshly omitted from the side.

Aye he's been given more than enough chances, like Carroll.

If the manager(s) don't think he's worthy of a chance why should he be given one? We're a football club, not a charity.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Playing devil's advocate but for those saying they have sympathy, can you imagine a better scenario as a homosexual to be getting £30k a week to stand around showering with a large group of men that includes Ryan Taylor and Nicky Butt? He's not doing anything else, as none of our managers have seemed to rate him.

Carroll has been given more than enough chances?  He's proven himself to be our second best striker and deserves his place.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Bollocks. How many games has he started?

Guest BooBoo

If the manager(s) don't think he's worthy of a chance why should he be given one? We're a football club, not a charity.

Indeed. It wasn't just Kinnear that didn't play him- Keegan was outraged at the signing and Hughton and Shearer have hardly involved the lad.

Its a shame for him, but all clubs make shitty signings and Xisco is a prime example. He needs to return to Spain to rebuild his career, luckily for him he is young enough to do so.

Guest The Libertine

Carroll has been given more than enough chances?  He's proven himself to be our second best striker and deserves his place.

we only have 3 (essentially) strikers. the others being a player with 1 start and ameobi.

2nd by default sadly.

Guest Heneage

I didn't see those strikers playing such as Owen scoring last season. Even the new saviour Ameobi was given chance after chance despite showing no effort and being generally piss. Xisco strikes me as a confidence player, who really wasn't wanted by Keegan so he refused to use him, Kinnear didn't like him for whatever reasons, I'd imagine because he thought his name should be spelt with an S instead of an X, and Shearer obviously just took the lead from where the other two had.

we only have 3 (essentially) strikers. the others being a player with 1 start and ameobi.

2nd by default sadly.

How've got 3 (essentially) strikers?  Ameobi, Ranger, Xisco and Carroll = 4.

It's not Carroll's fault that Xisco can't impress any one of about five managers.

Making a big mistake if we let this dude go without giving him a proper chance.

I agree, we've got a long season ahead of us and it dosn't look like were buying anyone, there's a chance that he's going to adapt and get better and to me he lloks like a better option than Nile who's stil raw.