Xisco

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

it anoyed me near the end of this season that owen had no consistency but still started imo so glad were gonna see the back of him

Owen was probably our most consistent player tbh.

Consistently stood round doing fuck all and providing no goal threat, but that's still consistent.

Lets take a step back here and look at the whole picture; why has Xisco never been given a proper chance? I know he's had his niggling injuries but....

Is it because he wasn't any of the managers signings?

Does his attitude stink?

Or is he simply not good enough? We're not the ones seeing him on the training pitch every day.

So if Kinnear, Houghton and Shearer all don't see it fit to play him, then maybe he really isn't good enough.

Personally, I hope we keep him and give him a proper chance to prove himself. We're better off keeping him and getting 10+ goals from him than selling him for piss all.

Lets take a step back here and look at the whole picture; why has Xisco never been given a proper chance? I know he's had his niggling injuries but....

Does his attitude stink?

Is it because he's gay?

Or is he simply not good enough? We're not the ones seeing him on the training pitch every day.

So if Kinnear, Houghton and Shearer all don't see it fit to play him, then maybe he really isn't good enough.

Personally, I hope we keep him and give him a proper chance to prove himself. We're better off keeping him and getting 10+ goals from him than selling him for piss all.

This for me tbh.  :kinnear:

JOSE ENRIQUE £60,000 — cost £6m, which was £6m too much.

:iamatwat:

Did the Daily Mail not watch Newcastle this season?

SHOLA AMEOBI £40,000 — Football League is his level.

:kinnear:

NICKY BUTT £60,000 a week — a leader who will be needed.

Most their wage guesses are rubbish, Guthrie 40k? R.Taylor 30k? Nolan 50k? Bassong 30k?  No way.

Most their wage guesses are rubbish, Guthrie 40k? R.Taylor 30k? Nolan 50k? Bassong 30k?  No way.

You'd be surprised....

You'd be surprised....

I seriously doubt we've tripled (maybe ever more) Ryan Taylor's wages when he couldn't even get a game for Wigan, even with our board doing the deals.

If Xisco is on £50k a week then we should be trying to get rid of him.

If Xisco is on £50K/week, we can't possibly get rid of him. There's no way he'll get more than half as much anywhere else.

For me it's obvious what the Xisco case has been all about.

We've signed him for a set fee and the rest of the deal will be payed after he's made so many First team appearances. We've then realised he's either A. Shit and no worth paying the money for. or B. We cant afford to pay the rest of his fee.

That's why i reckon we'll ship him off in the summer never to hear from him again

Guest Heneage

Loan him out to a championship team. Prove himself.

us then now I guess.......doubt he's on more than 40k

Try half.

A lot depends on whether Shearer rates him. With Martins, Viduka and Owen leaving, we will need some strikers at the club, he might be ok in the Championship, he looked pretty hard working in the few matches he played.

Guest Heneage

Xisco is like Lisandro Lopez of Porto. He has no stand out skills, he's not lightning fast, not tremendous in the air, but seems to have the ability to find space.

A lot depends on whether Shearer rates him. With Martins, Viduka and Owen leaving, we will need some strikers at the club, he might be ok in the Championship, he looked pretty hard working in the few matches he played.

The fact that Ameobi and Ranger have been ahead of Xisco in the striker pecking order (going by bench appearances) probably answers the question of how Shearer rates him.

The fact that Ameobi and Ranger have been ahead of Xisco in the striker pecking order (going by bench appearances) probably answers the question of how Shearer rates him.

There's also the question of his lifestyle. If he's here having a knees up rather than buckling down and working hard, he'll be out the door sooner rather than later. I don't think the reason he's not being picked is football related because he's better than Ameobi.

Does his attitude stink?

Is it because he's gay?

This for me tbh.  :kinnear:

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the real reason tbh.

Not defending the board here but....

Knowing Ashley he will sell xxxxxx for whatever he can get, he will sell anyone for a profit.

Knowing our board we probably are paying xxxxxxx £190,000 per minute.

Coming from the same people is laughable :lol:

Give the lad a chance in the Chumpionsh*t.

Good grounding for him

Have you read any of his interviews?  It's hard for a footballer to be any more grounded than he is.

I've got a good feeling about this dude, I think he could really be something and I wish someone in our club would give him a chance.