Newcastle United 0 - 1 Fulham - 16/05/09 - post match reaction from page 20

James

We were shit, which is fair enough, as the players are actually shit.

Even a few years ago, we had a few players that would have gotten into a top 6 team, and maybe even 1 or 2 for a top 4 team. Now, these players DESERVE to be in a relegated side, which in all likelihood they will be next week. Big club? We're not. Haven't been for a good few years,

All the Ashley and Wise apologists (you know who you are), and those that thought Kinear or Houghtonm were anywhere near good enough, should hang their stupid heads in shame.

Hearing players like Butt and Duff comig out in the papoers "i don't want to get relegated, I'll fight to make sure we don't", then just fucking meandering through games is ludicrous.

Premier League? You're having a laugh.

Guest DarkSchneider

Our mostly used schema of attack was Beye running down the right! And he can't penetrate the wing on his own. And he's not a good crosser. He's great defender but going forward he has very limited ability.

Guthrie isn't a winger. He would do much better playing in Nolan's position and Geremi/Lövenkrands on the wing.

Lövenkrands should have started. Martins shouldn't have.

Raylor shouldn't be anywhere near fist team. Geremi is 100 times better player.

Duff should try to beat defenders, to run at them, to scare them, because IMO he has the ability, but he's a pussy. Scared of getting injured.

We should try something new in central midfield because this is obviously not working. We need at least one man with gutts to run at the defenders, that has the ability to make the final pass.

Is Nacho fit for the last game? Maybe we should try with Vuckic or Kazenga.

Anyway we need a miracle now...

Guest Phil K

We're down and we know we are

We are crap as it is, and didn't need the referee against us yet again - but we were screwed by that b*stard too

Doesn't matter what we do at Villa (as if this lot have the cajones to win, which is laughable) Hull will beat Man U schoolboys comfortably.

Guest alijmitchell

Aside from the fact that the football was pretty wank yesterday, we as fans failed the team. The atmosphere yesterday was as if we were wandering around mid-table, not one of fighting for our lives. People leaving at 82 minutes gone, no-one backing the players, fucking awful. I hope to fuck that these fuckers never come back. Surely we can see that when a shit team gets a decent partisan vocal backing then it might find it easier to beat teams at home (i.e. Stoke).

Guest toonlass

I have another hangover this morning (not as enjoyable as the one I had on Tuesday morning). Have just looked back at the messages on my phone, and as well as some mental ones between me and my footballing mates I attempted to send a ranting one to the NUFC messaging service that gives the teams, scorers, half-time scores etc telling it to fuck right off,  :lol:

Guest Chubby Jason

"PS: speaking of the new strip, we noted Mike Ashley's mate Derek clad in his new XXXL number, complete with shirt printing of "9" "Cockney Tosser". That's classy"

Anyone notice this?

"PS: speaking of the new strip, we noted Mike Ashley's mate Derek clad in his new XXXL number, complete with shirt printing of "9" "Cockney Tosser". That's classy"

Anyone notice this?

Really??

Also, I have to say this: Damien fucking Duff. Once upon a time, one of the most feared wingers in England, if not Europe. Now, scared to even attempt to beat his opponent or pass the ball more than five yards, and heaven fucking forbid he try to use his right foot. This is a multi-million pound attacking player?

Guest BooBoo

Harper- 5

Beye- 6

Duff- 5

Taylor- 6

Bassong- 6

Nolan- 3

Guttierez- 3

Butt- 4

Guthrie- 6

Oba- 6

Viduka 5

Some f***ing bloke a few rows down from me has got "STAYINUP 09" on the back of the new top. I blame him.

Saw that, thought he must of done that as a joke as he didn't look like he was a mong

Some f***ing bloke a few rows down from me has got "STAYINUP 09" on the back of the new top. I blame him.

Saw that, thought he must of done that as a joke as he didn't look like he was a mong

Was it Mike Ashley or Derek Llambias ?

Was it Mike Ashley or Derek Llambias ?

Mike Llambias the estranged cousin

Just seemed like he expected nevland to try to chip harper and go for glory so he tried to run behind to get in the block.

Dont think it was horrific defending, he wouldnt have known nevland would take it so close to harper by the time he decided to make the run.

Well I was gutted that we didn't get anything out of this game seeing as its the first time I've been to SJP in 4 years. I haven't read through this thread, but from what I saw I think we were unlucky not to have drawn. We certainly had a couple of chances and some good pressure. At times in the second half it was quite infuriating as it looked like we were afraid to shoot, particularly Duff (who I thought had a pretty decent game).

Couple of things I did notice that is harder to notice on TV though was how fucking shite Martins' movement is. I honestly think I have better movement off the ball than him, and I play Sunday league. He wasn't bad when the ball was at his feet though, and was unlucky not to have scored/should have scored one or two. I also noticed we looked particularly stretched at times (even with 11 men), and invited cross field balls from Fulham. Our general positioning was pretty poor.

From what I saw Bassong had to go. He had two attempts at getting the player and got him the second time around. Fucking stupid seeing as he's quite quick and might have been able to make up the ground. He's managed to get away with a couple of things like that this season but didn't this time. I wonder what people's opinions of him may have been had this happened early in the season. Can only take one thing like that to completely change a players season (Cacapa).

Unfortunately Hull got a draw which could be the point that keeps them up, although I think it's very likely that a draw against Villa could be enough to keep us up. I'd be surprised if Hull got anything against Man Utd even though they've won the league. I definitely can't see them winning, although we're fucked even if they draw.

I'm glad this season ends next week because regardless of the outcome, I need a break from it. What a horrible season this has been.