Newcastle United 0 - 1 Fulham - 16/05/09 - post match reaction from page 20

James

Guest Jimmy

The booing at the end was for the officials, started when they went in and stopped as soon as they were gone.  Completely deserved aswell, was nice to see the linesmen remembered the offside rule for the final 10 minutes.  How we didn't score today I'll never know.  Granted we had a complete lack of inventiveness first half but it had to have been cleared off the line about 5 times by the end.  Gutted right now but lets have it for Villa, if there's any time to stand up and be counted, it's now.

Jimmy - the time to stand up and be counted passed a long time ago. The players have failed in that respect. If anyone is expecting them to go and put in a performance against Villa (and get a result), then prepare yourself for major disappointment.

Jimmy - the time to stand up and be counted passed a long time ago. The players have failed in that respect. If anyone is expecting them to go and put in a performance against Villa (and get a result), then prepare yourself for major disappointment.

Yes, if this was normal work, they would have been fired, but since they are overpayd pl players, it doesent fucking matter..

Why could not pl clubs fire players if they play shit, this week Smith earnred twise my yearly income, yet i did a good job, he is shit, how, seriously do you justify that.... :-X

Jonas should hang his head in shame. To think Robert was booed off 5 years ago yet the usless Jonas recieved warm applause

Probably more down to his effort over the season.

A player can't really help it is he's not good enough, but he can try his hardest.

Jonas should hang his head in shame. To think Robert was booed off 5 years ago yet the usless Jonas recieved warm applause

A player can't really help it is he's not good enough, but he can try his hardest.

If Robert had tried as hard / run as much as Jonas he could have been a genuine great.

If Robert had tried as hard / run as much as Jonas he could have been a genuine great.

for the season in question he managed 12 goals and something like 40 passes leading to goals. Guttierez has managed one assist and will NEVER score for us, running rarely works when you do most of it into the wrong areas

for the season in question he managed 12 goals and something like 40 passes leading to goals. Guttierez has managed one assist and will NEVER score for us, running rarely works when you do most of it into the wrong areas

??? No-one said it did.

And he has got more than one assist.

Edit- As for Robert-Jonas comparisons, the most assists Robert got in one season was 7, Jonas has 3 this season.

Source- ESPN Soccernet

Guest Jimmy

Fair point, but at the end of the day, next Sunday could more than likely be our last game in this division for some time.  If that's the case at least lets see some God damn pride.  People go on about creativity, but it's the biggest thing that's been missing all season.  Shearer knows what it means though and I can only hope he gets them playing with the same mentality that he did.  If we're going down lets go down fighting tooth and nail, give it that mentality and we might have a chance.  If he can't get it into them on the last day of the season facing relegation, we're done.

I said it early in the season, he spends far too much time playing deep and trying to run into attacking positions, predictable, ineffective, easy to defend, especially when him having the ball in an attacking position only guarentees the end of the attack

I said it early in the season, he spends far too much time playing deep and trying to run into attacking positions, predictable, ineffective, easy to defend, especially when him having the ball in an attacking position only guarentees the end of the attack

As I said no-one said he was amazing, but he does put the effort in.

We get it though, you don't like him.

??? No-one said it did.

And he has got more than one assist.

Edit- As for Robert-Jonas comparisons, the most assists Robert got in one season was 7, Jonas has 3 this season.

Source- ESPN Soccernet

:nope: he probably had 7 assists by september in the 03-04 season

Fair point, but at the end of the day, next Sunday could more than likely be our last game in this division for some time.  If that's the case at least lets see some God damn pride.  People go on about creativity, but it's the biggest thing that's been missing all season.  Shearer knows what it means though and I can only hope he gets them playing with the same mentality that he did.  If we're going down lets go down fighting tooth and nail, give it that mentality and we might have a chance.  If he can't get it into them on the last day of the season facing relegation, we're done.

Hartbreaking, but its not up to us anymore.... I blame Ashley... ( top post to be fair)

Guest hatter

It makes it worse the fact that Phil Brown is a complete tw*t. He looks like a complete cu*t with that fu**ing stupid microphone strapped to his ear. Mackem c*nt.

Guest alankhaw

I think Harper was at fault for Bassong's sending off. He should have been running out to clear it and then Bassong wouldn't have had to make the challenge he did

that defeat really hurt!! Beye looked like a player saying goodbye at the end of the game!

maybe unlucky not to get a point but was sickening seeing players (duff) scared to put there head in for a chest hight 50/50 ball at least twice in such a big game.

I knew you'd post some bollocks like that. If Robert worked as hard as Jonas, with his ability and footballing brain, do you think he would have been better or worse? He was a legend but it was obvious where he could have improved.

I think Harper was at fault for Bassong's sending off. He should have been running out to clear it and then Bassong wouldn't have had to make the challenge he did

was at the wrong end to judge if harper should have come for it or not but Harpers looked a bag of nerves in the boro and fulham games.