Newcastle United 0 - 1 Fulham - 16/05/09 - post match reaction from page 20

James

I think Harper was at fault for Bassong's sending off. He should have been running out to clear it and then Bassong wouldn't have had to make the challenge he did

The flaw in this is that it infers that there was any ned for Bassong to make that rash challenge in the first place. He didn't need to.

Guest oba78

Jonas should hang his head in shame. To think Robert was booed off 5 years ago yet the usless Jonas recieved warm applause  :no:

The sad thing is people would rather see players who work hard rather than the one's who have got actual quality....what i'd give to have someone like Robert in the team just now, we'd be nowhere near the relegation places!

Guest firetotheworks

Jonas should hang his head in shame. To think Robert was booed off 5 years ago yet the usless Jonas recieved warm applause  :no:

The sad thing is people would rather see players who work hard rather than the one's who have got actual quality....what i'd give to have someone like Robert in the team just now, we'd be nowhere near the relegation places!

I reckon Robert's the type of player you'd want to stay away from relegation, but not while you're in the fight against it.

I reckon Robert's the type of player you'd want to stay away from relegation, but not while you're in the fight against it.

considering we finished 03-04 on 56 points, had Robert not scored all those goals and made those 40 something passes that led to goals we WOULD have been in a relgation battle

I think the difference between the 2 teams was clear. One had a central midfield, the other didn't fulham have central players who make decisions as to when to play the ball forward and when to play it wide. We play the ball wide a lot but only because we are so limited in the central midfield. Makes it very easy for the opposition. You saw it particularly with duff but simply because nolan and butt weren't moving or making runs when marked and so duff couldn't play it into them.

On a sidenote i thought nolan really was woeful today. Caught on the ball numerous times (not losing it but just getting it back to the defence while sliding towards the ground. Bar the martins 1-2 offered nothing going forward either. The way he controls the ball makes him look like a younger version of geremi to me. Really woeful. If we are going to get anything form villa i believe this is the area that has to change. Guthrie is a very good passer and can navigate around people and i would start him in the centre of midfield for sure, bringing lualua in on the right and dropping 1 of the woeful midfield 2. I would say nolan is actually worse than butt which shows the cracking january transfers we conducted. Raylor is shocking as well. Bar the ability to run i struggle to find any other attributes tbh.

considering we finished 03-04 on 56 points, had Robert not scored all those goals and made those 40 something passes that led to goals we WOULD have been in a relgation battle

are you fucking daft or something? :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Although you've went just a bit OTT, that was kind of my exact point.

Nolan is another one who should be sold in the summer. He's just not done it consistently since he joined. He's rumoured to be overweight and also allegedly likes a drink or two. What happened to that box-to-box midfielder that was at Bolton?

He's been another awful signing, along with the very disappointing Ryan Taylor.

Nolan is another one who should be sold in the summer. He's just not done it consistently since he joined. He's rumoured to be overweight and also allegedly likes a drink or two. What happened to that box-to-box midfielder that was at Bolton?

The 2 of them were deemed not good enough for Bolton and Wigan respectively. That tells you everything you need to know about their abilities to cut it at the top level. I bet they cant believe they offloaded them both to premier league opposition.

Guest Bolton Zulu

As I said at the time, he hadn't performed at Bolton for two years. I'm no great fan of our Ginger Mourinho, Gary Megson, but he did a belting piece of business in flogging Nolan on to you guys.

I feel sorry for Nolan, cos he's a great guy and he really cares. But he's gone - a bit like Owen. Not that Owen cares, of course.

I feel sorry for Nolan, cos he's a great guy and he really cares. But he's gone - a bit like Owen. Not that Owen cares, of course.

Would he offer us anything at all in the Championship do you think ?

Guest Bolton Zulu

Would he offer us anything at all in the Championship do you think ?

He would be a great Championship player. He used to be a great PL player. Should have played for England three years ago - would have too if he had  played for Spuds or, dare I say it, Toon. His best days are behind him now though.

Don't think we played that bad, tbh. I feel like slappng Taylor for his defending for the goal, but other than that we created a good few chances, had a goal wrongly disallowed and were kept out on a few occasions (and not for the first time) by Mark fucking Schwarzer.

But Damien Duff can fuck right off.

unfair, butt was poor but better than the woeful nolan and duff had a serious lack of options every time he got the ball. particularly when he is looking to play a positive forward ball or a square ball since fulham marked up well, predominantly down the gutierrez side.

I feel like slappng Taylor for his defending for the goal.

I was throwing stuff at the telly, why the fuck does a defender go to pretend being a goalkeeper when if he'd just followed the run of the man he was supposed to follow, he could've stopped it. Fucking hell.

I feel like slappng Taylor for his defending for the goal.

I was throwing stuff at the telly, why the f*** does a defender go to pretend being a goalkeeper when if he'd just followed the run of the man he was supposed to follow, he could've stopped it. f***ing hell.

he's done it all his career

just doesn't learn, and the next time we're on the brink of a premiership season I sincerely hope that he's nowhere near our first choice CB pairing

Guest Gh0StFaC3

duff had a serious lack of options every time he got the ball. particularly when he is looking to play a positive forward ball or a square ball

I totally disagree.

Duff can't use his right leg for anything other than standing on... He's scared shitless to back himself with the right peg !!

Thus, whenever he gets the ball, the opposition close down his left side & he has to throw his arms about & pretend that nobody's making themselves available (to try & save face) -- when he has team-mates in perfectly good positions if he could USE HIS RIGHT FUCKING FOOT to pass to them !!!