Newcastle United 0 - 1 Fulham - 16/05/09 - post match reaction from page 20

James

Guest Phil K

you're having a f***ing laugh mate, clearly didn't see the game

See what you want to see, clearly - and I haven't exactly been Butt's biggest fan

But (one T) Butt (two T's) was far from the worst Newcastle player. One of the better actually - YOU work it out.

And that, believe me, is NOT a compliment to Butt, just a condemnation of the entire team.

....according to the fat t*** on Setanta (who is he BTW - Pat someone?)

"The self appointed, best fans in the world let their team down today. It was quiet, they let their team down and they let Alan Shearer down".

Also noticed some ad in a scouse accent saying he wasn't that desperate to move to Newcastle.

So did we, did we let the team down?  :frantic:

The fans let the team down - by barracking them on every single misplaced pass. We are third bottom for a reason - because we are not very good, so why do people expect us suddenly to be VERY VERY good?? Do you not alower your standards and accept that a fair more passes are going to go astray? And that its best, in this sitaution, to make a wall of positive noise & see where that takes things?

And before someone says, no Im not saying its all the fans fault, its mainly the players. What Im saying is that the fans didnt help things, by constantly bieng on the players backs from the off, and not taking things in the context they should be (ala we are a crap side this season and arnt exactly going to be Man U when we come out that tunnel!).

What a fucking awful game in which we played utter shite, the fans were poor and fulham were there for the taking.

We're simply not good enough for this league, deserve to go down. It'd be a damn miracle if we stay up, thats for sure.

Harper - 6

Beye - 6

Taylor - 8

Bassong - 5 (for red card)

Duff - 2 (worst I've ever seen him)

Jonas - 4

Butt - 6

Nolan - 4

Guthrie - 6 (Good set pieces again)

Viduka - 5 (Poor, should have had a goal allowed)

Martins - 6 (Better than most of the team, even when injured)

Just got back from the match, and on all fairness, dont blame the ref or fans! The whole season we have been crap, no f***ing movement, f***ing slowmotion shitface c*** attacking footbal. Dont matter what league we are in next season, we need change...

I love the city, love the club, but f***ing hate the emotional rollercoster!

Lets get wasted!

:dowie:

Hard to tell just from the telly, but sounded like we could have really made a cracking atmosphere but didnt. There were fans singing all the way through, just not enough.

I think regardless the fans are the last people that should be getting stick given how much we have been put through and still come out the otherside as vocal as ever.

Why don't you go to the fucking game then? The goal absolutely knocked the stuffing out of the fans. If the players give 100% and play like we did against Boro than the fans will get behind them, sadly that didn't happen today, we were a load of bollocks on the pitch.

Hard to tell just from the telly, but sounded like we could have really made a cracking atmosphere but didnt. There were fans singing all the way through, just not enough.

I think regardless the fans are the last people that should be getting stick given how much we have been put through and still come out the otherside as vocal as ever.

Why don't you go to the f***ing game then? The goal absolutely knocked the stuffing out of the fans. If the players give 100% and play like we did against Boro than the fans will get behind them, sadly that didn't happen today, we were a load of bollocks on the pitch.

Oh joy, a 'why don't people who complain about bad atmosphere not go to the match' argument.

What with the 'Referee cost us', 'KK's to blame/no he isn't, we'd have stayed up with him', 'We're down for certain, Hull will walk over Man U' to add to it, all we need is an argument about the old board and we'd have the fucking set! :lol:

Why did Taylor rush towards the goal? Why not stand and mark Kamara? Nevland couldn't shoot because Harper was so close, so why did Taylor not stand his ground and force Nevland to do something instead of giving him the easy pass to Kamara?

Harper - 6

Beye - 5

Duff - 6

Bassong - 3

Taylor - 6

Guthrie - 6

Jonas - 4

Nolan - 5

Butt - 5

Viduka - 6

Martins - 6

Just looking at those names [with few exceptions] makes me want to cry. What a shower, Ossie's kids back in 91/92 could have beat them.

There probably hasn't been a harder call for MoM for a long while - well done to Nolan for grabbing such a keenly contested accolade. Hurrah!

I thought Nolan was OK actually.  Would much rather have someone with a bit of flair but noticed him arriving in the box a lot and good link up with Martins when we hit the post.

Desperate result today - but par for the course for this season. Am sick of the players giving it the big 'I am' in the papers in the run up to a game, and then not delivering when it matters. The lot of them are a cowardly shower of shite and must carry as much of the blame as Ashley, Wise and Lambias for this season's debacle.

Shearer has been flogging a dead horse from day one - and boy does it show. :thdn:

RIP Newcastle United.

Well that was a fairly crappy game.

Quite blatant our issue was a ridiculous lack of mobility in midfield, and the fact we didn't get it wide fast enough. The pub where I was meant to meet you lot was shut when I went. The only good thing that happened today was habbib staying out and clapping the fans. Got to be captain if we keep him.

I thought Guthrie did ok, but his lack of mobility really limited him on the wing, his deliveries were on the whole, good. Viduka looked tired. Jonas was horrible. Didn't hold his position left duff isolated a lot to go off the other side of the pitch. Thought martins was lively, did well. Some good saves by their keeper. Fulham fans were s*** on the whole, sang the same song when they mustered the courage to utter the words.

Defensively we were poor, Kamara was a big trouble, bass was very poor today, taylor/beye/duff worked hard. Harper was geting onto my tits a bit, should stop wacking it down field, it gave us no hope. Nolan was fair, but you can't play nolan and butt together. The lack of mobility was horrific. I thought we were far too slow to close down, backing off and allowing them to have shots on goal.

Why was our goal disallowed?

Was thiers offside? (looked like bassong made a ballsup of it)

To all those c***s who boo-ed, f*** off. Also that winging c*** who sat in front of me all game, and left on 60 minutes, f*** off also.

The sun was nice though :)

Oh and it was class when webb got knocked over.

Btw, seeing the lads in the flesh made me realise just how shit we are :(

Guest michaelfoster

Harper - 6

Beye - 5

Duff - 6

Bassong - 3

Taylor - 6

Guthrie - 6

Jonas - 4

Nolan - 5

Butt - 5

Viduka - 6