Howard Webb

McCormick

S C A P E G O A T

He was shocking, but we only have ourselves to blame.

We played the best fucking football I've seen in ages and every single player puts in their performance of the season, and "we only have ourselves to blame"?

You're taking the piss, surely???!!

You cynical cunts really need to fuck off. While it was 11 v 11 we dominated them in every single department, bar the counter.

You're not even worth debating with. Bye.

What has he done wrong? It was a foul on the keeper (in today's game), and Bassong deserved to get sent off. Am I missing something?

Total scapegoat.

No way was it a foul on the keeper Swarzer was in front of Nolan when Viduka put it back in the net.

How many red cards and penalties conceded is that for the season?

Felt certain we'd turn them over the way we started the second half. Quite gutting really. Don't think anyone thinks we don't deserve to go down based on our performances this year, but those parading that fact now are really missing the point: no one should have the chance of redemption snatched away from them like this.

We've noone but ourselves to blame for defeat today.

Taylor's stupid positioning to play player onside for their goal, Stupid decison by Bassong to bring down Kamara, and stupid decision by Nolan to try and block the keeper. Foul or not, 9 times outta 10 it's gonna be given in favour of the keeper.

Howard Webb is nothing but a scapegoat so people can launch their frustrations on someone.

Guest Phil K

S C A P E G O A T

We played the best f***ing football I've seen in ages and every single player puts in their performance of the season, and "we only have ourselves to blame"?

Yes, we could have won any number of games this season if our 'superstars' had been bothered.

HW is a cock, no more no less, but to blame him for this mess is ridiculous

We're not blaming HIM for the mess, we are blaming him for an atrocious pivotal decision which will have horrific consequences.

This tit does it regular

The atrocious pen he gave for Man U (even Radio 5 said it was an atrocious decision - it was THAT obvious) when they came from 0-2 down to win was of the same imbecilic ilk

Disallowed goal goes in a catalog of refereeing f*** ups that have gone against us this season...having said that,we ain't good enough.

We were good enough today imo. We'd have had a right go at them if that goal had stood and on the general balance of play we deserved at least a point. Webb has a LOT to answer for.

The table don't lie mate.

Honestly I couldn't care less about how we played prior to today. Yes we're shit and we've got what we've deserved in the league, but the fact is a point today would have kept us out of the drop zone and it's been snatched away from us. Our performance, for once, warranted it.

we did play much better today

the goal should never have been disallowed

bassongs red card was doubtful to

Have you seen any of the decisions?

Have a look then read back over what you said. Laughable.

What has he done wrong? It was a foul on the keeper (in today's game), and Bassong deserved to get sent off. Am I missing something?

Total scapegoat.

Aye I'm sure you'd be saying the same thing if that goal was chalked off for Everton, the goal should have stood simple as that.

Although a team with seven wins over an entire season doesn't really deserve to stay up, bettering Hull's result is still do-able but I'm not hopeful.

S C A P E G O A T

We played the best fucking football I've seen in ages and every single player puts in their performance of the season, and "we only have ourselves to blame"?

You cynical cunts really need to fuck off. While it was 11 v 11 we dominated them in every single department, bar the counter.

By 'dominating' do you mean in the full-out BDSM philosophy or how a boss subtly dominates a bullish worker who knows the boss's weaknesses and hits hard on the counter? Honestly, we did NOTHING with the fucking ball. We had the end product of a Chinese factory. Lotsa workers, but still create shit. If you do nothing with the ball in this league you go fucking down. Simple as. We have no pace. No players who can pass. Our only player with any sense, Guthrie, was hauled off for Ryan fucking Taylor and the longhaired Argie, as lovable as he is, epitomises the quality of this factory.

Total scapegoat.

Bollocks.

Nothing against you Neil as you're one the better posters on this forum, but those were absolutely horrendous decisions (the goal being disallowed especially).

We've noone but ourselves to blame for defeat today.

Taylor's stupid positioning to play player onside for their goal, Stupid decison by Bassong to bring down Kamara, and stupid decision by Nolan to try and block the keeper. Foul or not, 9 times outta 10 it's gonna be given in favour of the keeper.

Howard Webb is nothing but a scapegoat so people can launch their frustrations on someone.

Disagree with that in particular. Such rigid application of the rules is not consistent otherwise corners would be a non-contact issue when it clearly isn't. Just my opinion though. It's the same way that I personally thought the foul on Shearer for a penalty in the home Dynamo Kiev match was quite harsh.

S C A P E G O A T

By 'dominating' do you mean in the full-out BDSM philosophy or how a boss subtly dominates a bullish worker who knows the boss's weaknesses and hits hard on the counter? Honestly, we did NOTHING with the fucking ball. We had the end product of a Chinese factory. Lotsa workers, but still create shit. If you do nothing with the ball in this league you go fucking down. Simple as. We have no pace. No players who can pass. Our only player with any sense, Guthrie, was hauled off for Ryan fucking Taylor and the longhaired Argie, as lovable as he is, epitomises the quality of this factory.

Do you honestly think nothing would have came from the game had Bassong stayed on? Or if the goal counted? For the first ten minutes of the second half, Fulham barely even touched the ball. Is that not enough for you?

Fulham are a good, efficient side and it was always going to be difficult to create clear cut chances against them but fucking hell we scored, and in 9 out of 10 instances we'd have gone on to win it.

Ryan Taylor was shit, granted. And a fucking moron.

Guest Phil K

I'd better not contribute anymore - getting angrier and angrier - with either the "it didn't happen to my team ergo it was a good decision" crap or the self flagelation pillocks of our own fans "It was a good decision and I'll lick Mr Webb's arse and suck his miniscule dick if he wants" tripe

Bollocks....sorry. Snapping out at random.

I feel hugely betrayed by players of whom will be getting double what I get in a year - in a WEEK

Total scapegoat.

Totally agree, even if i wasn't biased to hell, there is no way you can call that a foul.

Bollocks.

Nothing against you Neil as you're one the better posters on this forum, but those were absolutely horrendous decisions (the goal being disallowed especially).

you can say as much as you want about how shit our sides been

we've been unlucky as fuck this season. Far more unlucky than any other side & thats a fact.

More sending offs

More pens against

more disallowed goals no doubt

& probably more unfair goals against us

Guest kingdawson

Should have been blacklisted when he got filmed singing "you'll never walk alone"

Is this true?.

you can say as much as you want about how shit our sides been

we've been unlucky as fuck this season. Far more unlucky than any other side & thats a fact.

More sending offs

More pens against

more disallowed goals no doubt

& probably more unfair goals against us

That I do agree with. We've had absolutely no luck this season. But that's the case for almost all teams that go down. Every fan can track a line of injustices over a season which is solely responsible for sending their team down.

It's a fact but also an inviting delusion. Teams go down for purely pragmatic reasons and not bullshit ref decisions. Even if a last-game bad decision sends a team down, as much as that hurts, to be in that situation in the first place a whole plethora of wrongdoing has to have occured at player, management and boardroom level.

If we go down, it will be because of the fat one upstairs. He owns the key, he calls the shots, he makes the decisions. And he has pretty much dismantled this great club and brought it down to its knees through his incompetence. How he was allowed to buy a football club I'll never know.

I'd better not contribute anymore - getting angrier and angrier - with either the "it didn't happen to my team ergo it was a good decision" crap or the self flagelation pillocks of our own fans "It was a good decision and I'll lick Mr Webb's arse and suck his miniscule dick if he wants" tripe

Bollocks....sorry. Snapping out at random.

I feel hugely betrayed by players of whom will be getting double what I get in a year - in a WEEK

The disallowed goal was a shocking decision....there was no way he could even see Nolan for starters.

In summary; the woeful league position we're sitting in right now is  a culmination of successive failures and non-performances, be it by our players or by our current board. Therefore 99% of the blame goes to them as we look ever-more likely to face the drop.

That however doesn't mean we need even more shit heaped on us by bald fuckwit, I mean jesus that decision was a shocking one. How he saw that as a foul, I can never know. He may not be the sole reason we'll be playing coke football next year, but today he cost us a point. A valuable point.