Godot

Last 11 meetings

2008/2009 2-0 Win home

2007/2008 0-0 home, 1-4 loss away

2006/2007 0-2 loss away, 3-1 win home

2005/2006 1-1 home, 2-1 win away

2004/2005 2-4 loss away, 0-3 loss home

2003/2004 1-1 home, 0-0 away

Cant say i'm impressed about the away statistics, one win in 5 seasons.

last game of the season, one team with something to play for one team without, i wouldn't bet on this game as an outsider, think west ham winning at old trafford (then again they had the tinsiest bit fight about them)

Stumble our way to a point and pray to heaven that Hull lose.  Most likely scenario.  No point pretending we are any good and opening it up to defensive errors.  If Hull are getting something against Man U at half time then move to plan B.  But keeping it tight is the way to play it I think.  We are shit, but so are Villa recently.  A point is do-able. 

Guest Micktoon

Sunday Bloody Sunday by U2 has eerie lyrics when thinking of the upcoming Sunday.

strange as i thought the song was about walking away from a pointless  fight.

You need to take the original meaning out of the song, and put the context of our relegation battle as the meaning. Called imagination :pow:

wouldn't i need to change all the words bar the chorus to do that ?

Only this verse doesn't fit, so no.

And its true we are immune

When fact is fiction and tv reality

And today the millions cry

We eat and drink while tomorrow they die

did you forget.....

Broken bottles under childrens feet

Bodies strewn across the dead end street

But I wont heed the battle call

It puts my back up

Puts my back up against the wall

and

And the battles just begun

Theres many lost, but tell me who has won

The trench is dug within our hearts

And mothers, children, brothers, sisters torn apart

Nope, you just move the setting of the song.

And the battles just begun (either as starting anew in the Championship, or in relation to rebuilding after staying up.)

Theres many lost, but tell me who has won (If we go down for instance.)

The trench is dug within our hearts (If we go down)

And mothers, children, brothers, sisters torn apart (In sadness of relegation)

And that's just scratching the surface. If done in a video compilation of crying fans/players realizing defeat walking around on the pitch with the fans in the background, it'd be a great fit. It'd also work as a come-back video thing, with sadness first from going down, and then go for the fightback emotions. If you'd want to use songs for stuff, you need to take them out of their original context and put them in a new context which works just as well. You couldn't have music in films/tv shows if you could only use them in places where their original context was met.

i can't see it that way.

2nd line as you quoted "but tell me who has won" only means one thing.

more interested in your twist on the first verse i quoted.

Honestly who gives a fuck about the wording. It doesn't need so much bloody analysis. Three words say it all and they are "Sunday bloody Sunday". I only wish we were fucking playing today so I could eventually put the sodding, fucking week behind me once and for all.

The Guardian has the team as

Harper

Taylor Taylor Colo Enrique

Guthrie Butt Nolan Duff

Viduka Martins

I'm with the posters who are expecting a disappointing afternoon. There's no quality or pace in midfield and I've gone for a 3-0 loss and Villa winning at HT/FT at the bookies. My heart will take over from my head at 4pm tomorrow but i expect to be richer come 6pm.

Roll on next season

The Guardian has the team as

Harper

Taylor Taylor Colo Enrique

Guthrie Butt Nolan Duff

Viduka Martins

I'm with the posters who are expecting a disappointing afternoon. There's no quality or pace in midfield and I've gone for a 3-0 loss and Villa winning at HT/FT at the bookies. My heart will take over from my head at 4pm tomorrow but i expect to be richer come 6pm.

Roll on next season

Betting on Newcastle to go down??, that makes me :puke:

I think we'll only need a draw, but we won't get it. Too many players out, and not playing well enough.

Mind you, I'd love it, love it, if Shola scored the crucial goal in injury time to keep us up. (Got to keep cheerful somehow)

Id be amazed if we get anything other than a 2-0 defeat tomorrow. Ashley Young and Carew are going to have a field day. Midfield looks as shite as ever and Villa will be able to dictate the play from there unfortunately. Wouldn`t shock me if us, Hull & Sunlun all get beat Sun.

Guest Stephen927

Don't know whether to be pleased or gutted that I have the weekend off work, hope the team gives me something to smile about for Bank Holiday Monday.

Don't know whether to be pleased or gutted that I have the weekend off work, hope the team gives me something to smile about for Bank Holiday Monday.

Pleased you can drown your sorrows...

on a seperate note can see town getting wrecked over the weekend

Guest toonlass

The mad dreams have started for me too. First one on thursday night when we all went to villa in a car convoy, black and white flags, banners, shirts as far as the eye could see. The one last night where loads of us were in the dressing room telling the players how much it meant to us that they had to go out and fight. No footballs kicked yet, no games played. Just build up to the match.

Id be amazed if we get anything other than a 2-0 defeat tomorrow. Ashley Young and Carew are going to have a field day. Midfield looks as shite as ever and Villa will be able to dictate the play from there unfortunately. Wouldn`t shock me if us, Hull & Sunlun all get beat Sun.

I expect Villa's pace to be too much for us. Have a dreadful feeling we'll go down with a whimper.  :no:

Did either of you watch Villa's last game?  Or the one before that?, or any of there last 15 or so?