Aston Villa v Newcastle - 24/05/09 - Pre-match thread

Godot

HOWAY THE LADS.  I hope the support is good next week, like it was at Liverpool.  Such a huge game. Can't imagine what it will be like should we go down?  Smashing stuff up?

Most nervewracking game I will have been to.

Me too.  And to think the last comparable situation was only several years ago as we were only beating Birmingham 1-0 and could blow our Champions League position!  Makes me feel old I could have experienced such contrasting situations.

If we get a penalty in the last minute to save us, i think i could actually die.  I felt sick when shearer had the one at the SoL and that was nowhere near as crucial.  Even if we score, i think the pain of the build-up would make it not worth it.

Also, what will it be like if we're 2-0 down 20mins in with no sign of attack?

1-1

Us to start well and nick an early goal. The rest of the game to be dominated by Villa wasting chances before taking one. It will be left to us to hope and pray that Hull don't find a goal after going 1-0 down to a make shift Man United team.

:snod:

Guest alankhaw

Lose 3-0. Start well, Villa come back into it, score a shit goal. Come out after half time, start brightly but don't create anything, get done on the counter, 2-0. Taylor sent off for two yellows and we totally capitulate, another easy goal and we spend the rest of the game hoofing it up to Martins, Owen, Viduka and Carroll who've all been sent on to try and get a goal. Owen touched the ball 19 times the whole game.

You couldn't be any more negative

Lose 3-0. Start well, Villa come back into it, score a shit goal. Come out after half time, start brightly but don't create anything, get done on the counter, 2-0. Taylor sent off for two yellows and we totally capitulate, another easy goal and we spend the rest of the game hoofing it up to Martins, Owen, Viduka and Carroll who've all been sent on to try and get a goal. Owen touched the ball 19 times the whole game.

Shearer gets banged up for having a wank on the touchline.

Gimme the loot, gimme the loot.

Another day, another struggle.

Machine gun funk.

Lose 3-0. Start well, Villa come back into it, score a s*** goal. Come out after half time, start brightly but don't create anything, get done on the counter, 2-0. Taylor sent off for two yellows and we totally capitulate, another easy goal and we spend the rest of the game hoofing it up to Martins, Owen, Viduka and Carroll who've all been sent on to try and get a goal. Owen touched the ball 19 times the whole game.

Shearer gets banged up for having a w*** on the touchline.

Machine gun funk.

We all may be ready to die after the Villa game.  :no:

:pow:

Guest Phil K

Don't bother watching - these worthless b*st*rds have taken enough of our valuable time

We could be doing less soul-destroying stuff.

Like sticking our heads down a filled toilet.

I hope these b*stards who have destroyed our faith have unlimited bad luck and Owen develops leprosy of his boillocks :angry:

Guest Phil K

This has the potential to be of those great days. Just imagine the scenes if we get a late goal to keep us up.

I would rank it alongside winning the lottery - and about as likely, knowing our players

If Enrique not fit:

Harper

Beye    Taylor    Coloccini    Tozer

Guthrie    Butt    Smith  Martins

Viduka    Owen

Subs:  Krul,  Edgar,  Carroll,  Ranger,  Lovenkrands,  Jonas,  Duff

-----

After watching today, I cannot condone Duff at LB any longer.  He was so horrifically poor.  We've nothing to lose, we have to go for it, so bring in Tozer who's actually a LB.

Martins was creative today, but didn't get the ball enough, so involve him more on the left.  Jonas was also poor and didn't really do anything for the team, so bench please.

Nolan: see Jonas.  Smith will at least add a bit of fight.

Carroll on for Viduka at 55 if nothing's been achieved, Lovenkrands for Martins if/when he tires.  Ranger for Owen.

Guest firetotheworks

Villa will know we need to win, soak up the pressure and absolutely rape us on the break. Obvious but effective game plan. 2-1

They're just dickheads man and not representative of Villa fans.  Remember chatting to Villa fans last year when they did us, and there was some prospect of relegation, they were sympathetic.

Quite funny how some of them are calling for MON to get sacked when I'm sure that's the sort of thing that everyone supposedly hates us for.