Aston Villa v Newcastle - 24/05/09 - Pre-match thread

Godot

very good point.

i guess if it was spurs or the likes i would be thinking the same had we not been in this position now.

knowing how i feel at the minute, i'll never laugh again at a club going down, its probably the worst i have ever felt, and i meant that.

agree with your points though, its just the way it is i guess.

And lets be honest, Sunderland are goinig to milk this for all their worth. We have taken then piss out of them for so many years now, they arent going to miss out on an opportunity to give some back.

Like you say, its the way it is. We give it out so we have to take it too.

I've seen Sunderland go down 5 times now including their relegation to the Third and I've thoroughly enjoyed every single one.

The boot is on the other foot now so I'm prepared for quite a bit of stick. Who knows, we might just pass them on the way up next year?

i would never ever question why the mackems are doing it, thats obvious, and deserved after the shit we have given them.

it was just the villa thing that puzzled me, but understand and accept brummies points.

still fucking hurts though! :(

Aye the Villa thing is funny but I think we should take that very much as a minority. I live in solihull and all the Villa fans I know are good honest football fans and have nothing against NUFC. Obviously Brummie is a sound lad as well so as with all teams, its just a handful of pricks giving out a distorted message

Sending the mackems down on goal difference would be the ultimate prize.

oh yes.

cant see it like, but we live in hope.

Me neither because I can't see us winning but if we do win that's a likely outcome, unless of course they beat Pompey tomorrow.

beginning to feel sick about this game already.

However what those hapless fuckwits seem to have forgotten at the minute is that there's still the slim possibility that they will lose tomorrow night, then against Chelsea while ourselves and Hull win on Sunday, sending them down.

If there is a God, he will read this post and make it happen.

When we went down in 1987, it felt like the world had ended, it really did. The next season was amongst the best 12 months of football following I've ever had, but I still remember the getting laughed at, the shame, the ridicule.

We've had Birmingham City come up again this season, which is bad, but every single time they've gone down, I've absolutely milked it. A lot of Villa fans are milking the Albion relegation today, and the point at Boro yesterday which probably condemned them (Boateng, Ehiogu and Southgate still rankle).

We - ie everyone here, and the wider football world - were pissing ourselves laughing at Spurs for the first half of the season, lest we forget. Last week, we were all sewing our sides back up after Chelsea's exit from the CL in hilarious circumstances - piss take knows no barriers, even when directed at small clubs like those two.

All part of football.

Guest Heneage

When some Mackems were saying how much they wanted us to go down they asked if I'd join them for drinks I said I'd get them all a pint of bitter, they sadly didn't get it...

I've never seen us will them down, they tend to just go down of their own accord.

what have villa got against us exactly??

It is really very, very simple.

A big club who you wouldn't expect to be in this situation is, well, in this situation, so people scent blood.

if it were Man City or Everton or us (for others) or Chelsea, or even Spurs, the reaction would be exactly the same.

Football is about lots of things, most of them tribal, and laughing at the misfortune of others is one of the main ones.

very good point.

i guess if it was spurs or the likes i would be thinking the same had we not been in this position now.

knowing how i feel at the minute, i'll never laugh again at a club going down, its probably the worst i have ever felt, and i meant that.

Exactly what I've been thinking for the past couple of days

what have villa got against us exactly??

It is really very, very simple.

A big club who you wouldn't expect to be in this situation is, well, in this situation, so people scent blood.

if it were Man City or Everton or us (for others) or Chelsea, or even Spurs, the reaction would be exactly the same.

Football is about lots of things, most of them tribal, and laughing at the misfortune of others is one of the main ones.

very good point.

Exactly what I've been thinking for the past couple of days

Yup, never knew how gut wrenching the worry that you might go down is, and how horrible it will feel when it happens. Felt horrible for the WBA fans today, and was sat there thinking "this could be us in a weeks time"

Football can give you so many emotions,mocking those who have been relegated,isn't in my nature,and when Coventry fans were crying in their beer,i sympathised with them...same fans are already laughing at me...hope it doesn't come to it...but there may be trouble ahead,cos i'll have no qualms lamping the cunts next Sunday,if the unthinkable happens,and they attempt to take the piss.

Well I hope we don't go down of course. If we do then it's not the end of the world and I'm confident if we do, we shall bounce back into Premiership the following season, we have some exciting talent in our reserve team who I'm sure will stand us good in the coming years so howay lads! it time to prepare ourselves for some exciting to watch in the next season.

Guest Darth Toon

If Beye misses out I think we may see the return of Alan's back 3:

Taylor - Edgar - Coloccini

Gutierrez - Butt - Guthrie - Duff

Owen

Viduka - Martins

Guest Darth Toon

As much as I don't rate him, I'd sooner a back four of R.Taylor - S.Taylor - Coloccini - Duff next week than see Edgar start.

I'm not so sure - I thought Edgar did really well in the central role of 3 against Stoke in a very difficult game - with no Bassong in there Carew is basically going to own our centre halfs in the air, so having a spare man back there is extra insurance against his flick-ons...

Plus Ryan Taylor is supergash - Ashley Young will do him untold damage.

No matter what we do there is always something to keep lnocking us down, no Beye or Bsssong, we may as well just go all out 2 at the back with a two wingbacks.

Love you man. :lol:

When we went down in 1987, it felt like the world had ended, it really did. The next season was amongst the best 12 months of football following I've ever had, but I still remember the getting laughed at, the shame, the ridicule.

We've had Birmingham City come up again this season, which is bad, but every single time they've gone down, I've absolutely milked it. A lot of Villa fans are milking the Albion relegation today, and the point at Boro yesterday which probably condemned them (Boateng, Ehiogu and Southgate still rankle).

We - ie everyone here, and the wider football world - were pissing ourselves laughing at Spurs for the first half of the season, lest we forget. Last week, we were all sewing our sides back up after Chelsea's exit from the CL in hilarious circumstances - piss take knows no barriers, even when directed at small clubs like those two.

All part of football.

Couldnt agree more, remember when everyone wanted Westham to go down when they were struggling a couple of seasons ago.  Its just the way football is, people will take the piss and in the next sentence say they hope we get back up next year.

No matter what we do there is always something to keep lnocking us down, no Beye or Bsssong, we may as well just go all out 2 at the back with a two wingbacks.

Love you man. :lol:

I'll love ya back if we stay up :lol:

am in fkn panic mode, this week cannot go skow enough..

------------------Harper

---------Taylor----------Colo

Jonas------------------------------Duff

------------------Nolan

Lua--------------------------------Butt

-----Oba---------Dukes-------Love