Aston Villa v Newcastle - 24/05/09 - Pre-match thread

Godot

Haven't been on for a while but for what it's worth:

We have been incapable of beating anyone of late so why on earth would we be able to beat Villa...

We beat Boro last week FFS :lol:  A team Villa couldn't beat this week by the way.

Doubt we would have beat Boro at the Riverside to be fair.....

Villa are better away then they are at home though.

I've been saying this for ages, but nobody seems to be listening.

We're shit at the moment, and are particularly shit at home.

Needing a result on the last day of the season to avoid relegation is a pretty horrible place to be in, but playing us at our place makes it a bit easier.

Guest helios_centric

I think Man U's reserves will comfortably beat Hull. Can we get a point? With a bit of luck and a totally shit Villa performance (quite possible) we can if the players 'give it a right good go'.

The game with Villa will hinge on one big mistake or a dodgy referee and I just have a sneaking suspicion we will stay up, which is weird because I've been totally convinced we were going down for months now. Unfortunately I think my sneaking suspicion is based entirely on piss poor logic, but I will just continue to bury my head in the sand this week.

what have villa got against us exactly??

It is really very, very simple.

A big club who you wouldn't expect to be in this situation is, well, in this situation, so people scent blood.

if it were Man City or Everton or us (for others) or Chelsea, or even Spurs, the reaction would be exactly the same.

Football is about lots of things, most of them tribal, and laughing at the misfortune of others is one of the main ones.

what have villa got against us exactly??

It is really very, very simple.

A big club who you wouldn't expect to be in this situation is, well, in this situation, so people scent blood.

if it were Man City or Everton or us (for others) or Chelsea, or even Spurs, the reaction would be exactly the same.

Football is about lots of things, most of them tribal, and laughing at the misfortune of others is one of the main ones.

very good point.

i guess if it was spurs or the likes i would be thinking the same had we not been in this position now.

knowing how i feel at the minute, i'll never laugh again at a club going down, its probably the worst i have ever felt, and i meant that.

agree with your points though, its just the way it is i guess.

very good point.

i guess if it was spurs or the likes i would be thinking the same had we not been in this position now.

knowing how i feel at the minute, i'll never laugh again at a club going down, its probably the worst i have ever felt, and i meant that.

And lets be honest, Sunderland are goinig to milk this for all their worth. We have taken then piss out of them for so many years now, they arent going to miss out on an opportunity to give some back.

Like you say, its the way it is. We give it out so we have to take it too.

very good point.

And lets be honest, Sunderland are goinig to milk this for all their worth. We have taken then piss out of them for so many years now, they arent going to miss out on an opportunity to give some back.

Like you say, its the way it is. We give it out so we have to take it too.

i would never ever question why the mackems are doing it, thats obvious, and deserved after the shit we have given them.

it was just the villa thing that puzzled me, but understand and accept brummies points.

still fucking hurts though! :(