Aston Villa v Newcastle - 24/05/09 - Pre-match thread

Godot

We're shit at the moment, we switched off weeks and weeks ago.

I genuinely wouldn't back us to beat anyone currently. We squeaked past Hull unconvincingly, and that was our only win in three and a half months.

Last day of the season, nothing to play for (sixth / fifth, who cares?), Ashley Young limping off injured today, really, if you can't get at least a point from that, then maybe ... well, you know.

I genuinely wouldn't back us to beat anyone currently. We squeaked past Hull unconvincingly, and that was our only win in three and a half months.

Last day of the season, nothing to play for (sixth / fifth, who cares?), Ashley Young limping off injured today, really, if you can't get at least a point from that, then maybe ... well, you know.

but we are really SHIT. Very, very shit.

We're s*** at the moment, we switched off weeks and weeks ago.

bang on tbh, sadly for us the 'maybe ... well, you know' is something most of us have known since we undeservedly best West Brom at home to give us our first win in 2 months

But you've got something to play for. We haven't, and we're just as shit of late.

Honestly, i mean, really, really shit.

How we're sixth (and have only just dropped there) is absolutely beyond me, but there you go.

I actually considered signing up to ask what their problem was for a second, then realised that I'd be playing by the rule that they use to hate us, IE the belief that all fans of a club are the same.

As I said elsewhere when you were discussing the media thing, surely the time to worry is when nobody bats an eyelid, not when people start getting excited. It'd be the same if it were Spurs, Man City, Everton, pretty much anyone you wouldn't expect to be in relegation trouble.

But you've got something to play for. We haven't, and we're just as shit of late.

How we're sixth (and have only just dropped there) is absolutely beyond me, but there you go.

Its probably got all the hallmarks of a crap game which will be decided by a mistake.

1-0/0-1.

Its probably got all the hallmarks of a crap game which will be decided by a mistake.

1-0/0-1.

I'd bet my right arm it'll be an absolutely crap game, and as you said, a single goal in it.

I hope this match isn't on TV so I don't have to pull a sickie off work. Stupid weekend jobs.

However, probably will anyway, I don't think I could take the result if I found it out all of a sudden on the radio...

Can't wait till it's over. I obviously hope we can stay up, but I feel drained. Don't even have much confidence in next season if we do stay up unless something drastic is done.

They can't put us through this again, surely?  :dowie:

I hope this match isn't on TV so I don't have to pull a sickie off work. Stupid weekend jobs.

However, probably will anyway, I don't think I could take the result if I found it out all of a sudden on the radio...

Can't wait till it's over. I obviously hope we can stay up, but I feel drained. Don't even have much confidence in next season if we do stay up unless something drastic is done.

NUFC relegated. TV arent going to pass up an opportunity like this. Nailed on to be on TV. To be fair its the hightest profile game of the weekend now the Championship has been decided.

NUFC relegated. TV arent going to pass up an opportunity like this. Nailed on to be on TV. To be fair its the hightest profile game of the weekend now the Championship has been decided.

Hope my manager doesn't read this then...

It's fine.

If we lose, we can just blame it on Howard Webb.

Surely Webb won't be involved?  We'll have to blame whatever ref nobbles the result this time around.

Amazes me how people thought we'd beat Fulham and still think we'll beat Villa.

Absolute blind hope and utter desperation.

I just can't accept we're down yet, it's too hard to take.

Amazes me how people thought we'd beat Fulham and still think we'll beat Villa.

I didn't think we'd beat Fulham.  I thought we'd probably get a point.  Villa are nowhere near as good as Fulham at the moment, which seems to have passed some people by.