Aston Villa v Newcastle - 24/05/09 - Pre-match thread

Godot

Last 15:

Villa: W:1 D: 6 L:8   Points: 9

Us: W: 2 D: 5 L: 8   Points: 11

We're in better "form", I'd never imagined that tbh, even knowing Villa has been in very very poor form lately. And Villa's only win comes from beating Hull.

After seeing this, I think we might actually have a chance.

Yep, Enrique has been a big miss, he's quality and he allows Duff to move into midfield - thus dislodging one of our shite midfielders.

And replacing them with another one.

Yep, Enrique has been a big miss, he's quality and he allows Duff to move into midfield - thus dislodging one of our shite midfielders.

And replacing them with another one.

True, but not quite so bad. At least Duff still has the ability to run a bit.

Dont understand why some people think that throwing Lua-Lua on the right wing for a game of this importance is going to work. The kid will just crumble under the pressure of the Villa match.

The kid has made a couple of 1st team sub appearances, Id go with Jonas on the right and Duff on the left providing Enrique is back and starting for this one.

Dont understand why some people think that throwing Lua-Lua on the right wing for a game of this importance is going to work. The kid will just crumble under the pressure of the Villa match.

The kid has made a couple of 1st team sub appearances, Id go with Jonas on the right and Duff on the left providing Enrique is back and starting for this one.

Totally agree with this. Would be worse than when Souness dropped Robert for the away leg in Lisbon in the UEFA Cup Quarter Final and threw in N'Zogbia.

Guest Heneage

Smoggie on BBC saying that Sunderland are used to Premier League football, what they've only been back in the league 2 years?!

Guest DarkSchneider

Harper

S.Taylor Collocini Edgar Enrique/Duff

Guthrie Butt Jonas

Martins      Lovenkrands

Viduka

Jonas would actualy have a man to pass the ball to in Lövenkrands, as i think he is not such a bad passer then others are and he will make himself open for a pass.

It's back in our hands as far as I'm concerned although a win is a big ask. At least there's something to go for, if we can't go for it with safety in our sights then we'll get what we deserve. I see light at the end of the tunnel.

Guest alankhaw

Chelsea may not turn up to fight for Dennis Wises' treatment by us

Fuck me, even Phil K isn't that paranoid :lol:

I wouldn't rule anything out. It may even snow at Villa Park whilst the rest of the country is sunny