Players you miss seeing on the teamsheet

dcmk

All about Shearer for me. Even aside from his consistently delivered goals, we've really missed his leadership, durability and reliability. The club has seemed soulless these last few years.

Beardsley.

Loads of others, obviously, but mainly him. I cried the day he was sold, I'm not even joking.

Me too!  I was 7.  I'd sat with him at one of those xmas parties in 95 and told him he was my favourite player.  He was really nice, I didn't have a camera with me so he took my address and sent me a signed photo.

For me:  Ferdinand, Robert, Shearer, Bellamy, Solano, Speed.

Isn't this just a tarted up "who are your favourite all time Newcastle players" thread?

thats how many have done it. i, on the otherhand being more thoughtful than the average cretin made the distinction of putting in players as they are today. hence, given,bellamy,woodgate and gary speed.

Isn't this just a tarted up "who are your favourite all time Newcastle players" thread?

thats how many have done it. i, on the otherhand being more thoughtful than the average cretin made the distinction of putting in players as they are today. hence, given,bellamy,woodgate and gary speed.

Speed?

Mcclen, Gavilan

ho ho... Say what you will about the sparrowhawk's ability his debut was a 3-0 win against man u.

Jamie was the luckiest SOB ever to come wear the shirt - totally out of his depth. For some reason Gullit rated him. I will grant he was honest about his ability (or lack thereof) and he claimed to have spent 20 minutes in the toilets puking his guts out when Ruud told him he was starting against Spurs he was so nervous. I would have doen the same.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Mcclen, Gavilan

ho ho... Say what you will about the sparrowhawk's ability his debut was a 3-0 win against man u.

Jamie was the luckiest SOB ever to come wear the shirt - totally out of his depth. For some reason Gullit rated him. I will grant he was honest about his ability (or lack thereof) and he claimed to have spent 20 minutes in the toilets puking his guts out when Ruud told him he was starting against Spurs he was so nervous. I would have doen the same.

I'm just trying to display that I would even value these players over some of our current starting 11

Speed?

yes speed. i'd have had him in this season instead of nolan,butt or guthrie even at 39.

Wigan's player of the year - Titus Bramble

joins Faye, N'zogbia, Bellamy, Parker and Solano (first time round) on the list of players who were let go absolutely needlessly, and not replaced

Wigan's player of the year - Titus Bramble

joins Faye, N'zogbia, Bellamy, Parker and Solano (first time round) on the list of players who were let go absolutely needlessly, and not replaced

none of them were let go of needlessly but true...none of them were replaced with an improvement.

Les Ferdinand

Alan Shearer

Faustino Asprilla

Andy Cole

Jon Dahl Tomasson

Peter Beardsley

Dietmar Hamann

David Ginola

Gary Speed

Rob Lee

Hugo Viana

Nobby Solano