Aston Villa 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 24/05/09 - post match reaction from page 28

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

He does look f***ing upset like. Says he's not close to tears but you can tell he's torn up inside.

For the bloke to say he looked close to tears shows he doesn't know him Shearer isn't the crying type.

As if you're more likely to know him?

Guest Heneage

He does look f***ing upset like. Says he's not close to tears but you can tell he's torn up inside.

For the bloke to say he looked close to tears shows he doesn't know him Shearer isn't the crying type.

As if you're more likely to know him?

Clearly more than that bloke. He didn't look close to tears at all, did you see him cry during World Cups or at the FA Cup Finals? Point proven sir.

On another note Jamie I told you so Redknapp, lovely.

Just got back although the goal was very flukey indeed (I attach no blame to Duff) and we did have a couple of efforts first twenty minutes we pretty much deserved everything we got. Zero effort, zero quality and we deserve to go down. Can't wait to see the back of the likes of Owen, cunt.

Taylor & Duff are the only ones that turned up for us today.   :weep:

Taylor was also the only one who looks fit too. What is it about our fitness?

They're a bunch of lazy overpaid heartless cunts?

Taylor & Duff are the only ones that turned up for us today.   :weep:

Taylor was also the only one who looks fit too. What is it about our fitness?

That was always how it was going to look when our "engine room" was being run by Kevin Nolan and Nicky Butt.

Guest battyleespeed

I think Shearer got it wrong today and his inexperience was bound to show at some point anyway.

Playing Guthrie in front of Edgar was a poor choice as those two were unable to provide anything in terms of width and accurate forward passing. Jonas, or even Geremi, would had been better choices in place of Guthrie. Jonas was needed really badly today for his running power and ability to strecth the play and not playing him today was the worst decision of all.

Do people really believe Jonas would have made any difference. Come on he has been awful for most part of the season he like everyone else in our midfield is not good enough.

At least he moves and tries things.

Trying and being shit is better than not trying at all.

Do people really believe Jonas would have made any difference. Come on he has been awful for most part of the season he like everyone else in our midfield is not good enough.

At least he moves and tries things.

Trying and being shit is better than not trying at all.

Exactly... Jonas has been 'awful' this season compared to other teams' normal midfielders, but compared to Butt, Nolan and Guthrie he's been world class.

Got what we deserved, which was nothing. Don't think I've ever witnessed such a cowardly performance as that 2nd half. Players who clearly don't give a s*** and know they are moving on. I just worry that some of them will be content to stay on their big contracts and refuse to move.

It's been a bad day, but not unexpected. I for one hope Shearer stays on and is given the tools/support from Ashley to rebuild. Anything less than that and it's relegation to League One we could be worrying about next season. Fans will leave the club in their droves unless a change happens upstairs.

Bet Dennis Wise is laughing his tits off tonight.  :dave:

The second half performance summed up all that's been wrong with Newcastle this season.  Needing one goal, just one goal, to stay up and the majority of the players didn't give a sh*t whether Newcastle scored or not. 

The club obviously needs a major overhaul from top to bottom but I still don't think that it's best that the overhaul starts in the Championship.  It would have made more sense for Ashley to have started the overhaul during the January transfer window instead of opting to make a short term profit by selling some of the better players and keeping the deadwood.

I know how I felt when Spurs were relegated, we bounced straight back but it was a lot easier then.  I'm not optimistic about Newcastle's chances of making an instant return.