Aston Villa 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 24/05/09 - post match reaction from page 28

Dave

I've been prepared for it but I'm feeling fucking awful right now. The supporters though did us proud, that's about the only thing we can take from the game today, the players were pathetic, is it so much to expect of this lot to at least give it a go.

Guest saintscoobz

think of the positives we'll get rid of all the dead wood, could just be what we need

Guest sittingontheball

Shameful and spineless performance. Pathetic.

Pretty much says it all. Once again everyone else was so shit that we had a chance right to the end. But noone had a fecking clue what to do.

Hope most of the feck off to any club that will have them.

Gaining 34 points with no midfield is quite the achievement. You win some, you lose some.

how nicky butt was never replaced....and the 4 or 5 other essential positions never properly strengthened....

fuck you ashley, fuck you in the fucking tearduct

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I feel odd. Trying to think about the next 5 years and progress rather than getting too emotional. I fully expected us to stay up today.

a draw would have been enough... everyone was concentration on whitch team man utd would put out... well they did what they had to do... they won... we didn't what we had to do...

Welcome to the Championship  :weep:

Game was over when he brought Ameobi on. No actually game was over when they scored. Fuck it. Fuck every single one of them.

Bollocks. Ameobi actually tried. Who else did that in the second half? Apart from the Villa players, I mean.

Guest justin99.

the lack of effort in the second half was absolutely pathetic

they should be f*cking ashamed of themselves

Game was over when he brought Ameobi on. No actually game was over when they scored. Fuck it. Fuck every single one of them.

Bollocks. Ameobi actually tried. Who else did that in the second half? Apart from the Villa players, I mean.

was better than owen tbh, at least he got a hold of the ball and had a few efforts. obviously they werent going to go in, this is shola, but still.

Totally deserved to go down! Players apart from Taylor didn't even look sad or disappointed at the end and the lack of fight in the 2nd half was unbelievable!!!! I guess relegation can only be good for the club at the moment especially if it means getting rid of all the deadwood as Butt, Nolan, Duff, Owen, Viduka, Geremi, Barton, Coloccini, Raylor, Cacapa etc! Sad day for the fans though and even more so as it probably means that Bassong and S. Taylor will be gone as well

Is more infuriating than sad. Every other team around us did everything they could to help us out of it. Score ONE fucking goal and we're safe.

I know this isn't the real answer but.... we did, during the last game against Fulham.  That goal would have seen us safe (mind, a team that wasn't total spineless wankers would have kept us up too.)

Game was over when he brought Ameobi on. No actually game was over when they scored. f*** it. f*** every single one of them.

Doesn't matter if he tries he's fucking shit. I knew we'd given up when I saw him coming on. That ridiculous shot near the end had me tearing my hair out.