We're down. The relegation thread.

Dave

Not gonna hit me for a while, I think. Exams, plans for a trip etc. will take Newcastle off my mind for the next month or so. Then we'll hit mid-June when preseason starts, then mid-August when the Premiership starts. That's when it's going to hit me.

This all all Mike's fault, the man is a fucking curse of a sports fan. :lol:

I'd resent that if there wasn't heaps of evidence.

Sorry for asking this Mike, but are you actually American? Or just posing as an American...when your surname is in fact "Ashley" and your accent is decidedly South-East of Englandish?

:kasper:

Is this statement coming onto the website then or what?

Relegation Huge Disappointment - Llambias

NEWCASTLE United Managing Director Derek Llambias has been reflecting on the Club's relegation from the Premier League.

Mr Llambias said: "Being relegated from the Premier League is a huge disappointment for everyone involved with Newcastle United.

"We are all hurting and I feel desperately sorry for everyone associated with Newcastle United; for Mike, who has invested heavily in the Club, and for all the supporters who have given the team magnificent backing up and down the country all season long.

"Mike and I will sit down with Alan this week to discuss how the Club moves forward again, and I hope to be able to say more to our supporters later this week."

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1666332,00.html

Llambias does know which direction forward is doesnt he?? He has made reference to take us "forward" before and I have to say he has got me wondering

You want to see his car.  6 gears.  All reverse.

I have been out all afternoon with the family, beautiful day here, after having time to reflect the one thing that keeps getting to me is the performance the lads put in today. The first 20 mins or so were ok but after that there was nothing, no fight no drive, no desperation to stay in the premier league. The players once again showed us what type of characters they are. If just one player from that first team squad is with the club next season, it'll be one too many.

I was quite shocked today.

When we played Stoke at our place this season, they were the worst team I've seen us play for about 10 years, no exaggeration whatsoever. They had zero talent, zero ability, but they stuck at it and at least had spirit, and - undeservedly, admittedly - got a point.

Then when we played Hull, they were very, very marginally less bad than Stoke were, but again, you could tell they had some spirit. They lost but you could tell it hurt, and they at least had a real go at us when they realised they had 20 mins left to get something from the game.

Newcastle, however, totally different story, no spirit, no sign of fight, no struggle, not even in the second half, absolutely nothing whatsoever. Really quite shocking, they didn't even look that bothered at final whistle.

That's the shame, the squad isn't very good, too many non performers, but on paper it looks way, way ahead of Stoke and Hull, but it is worth nothing without that element of fight and spirit.

They've let you down massively, and the best thing you can hope for is to be rid of the majority of them.

I have been out all afternoon with the family, beautiful day here, after having time to reflect the one thing that keeps getting to me is the performance the lads put in today. The first 20 mins or so were ok but after that there was nothing, no fight no drive, no desperation to stay in the premier league. The players once again showed us what type of characters they are. If just one player from that first team squad is with the club next season, it'll be one too many.

Aye. That minute where Taylor had one cleared off the line and we kept pumping the ball back in should have been what the last 10-15mins was like. All pressure and heart. Instead there was nothing. Pathetic.

Nice weather down here too mind, burnt my arms. :thup:

When we played Stoke at our place this season, they were the worst team I've seen us play for about 10 years, no exaggeration whatsoever. They had zero talent, zero ability, but they stuck at it and at least had spirit, and - undeservedly, admittedly - got a point.

Then when we played Hull, they were very, very marginally less bad than Stoke were, but again, you could tell they had some spirit. They lost but you could tell it hurt, and they at least had a real go at us when they realised they had 20 mins left to get something from the game.

Newcastle, however, totally different story, no spirit, no sign of fight, no struggle, not even in the second half, absolutely nothing whatsoever. Really quite shocking, they didn't even look that bothered at final whistle.

That's the shame, the squad isn't very good, too many non performers, but on paper it looks way, way ahead of Stoke and Hull, but it is worth nothing without that element of fight and spirit.

They've let you down massively, and the best thing you can hope for is to be rid of the majority of them.

I fucking hope I never see 95% of them playing for Newcastle United FC again.

And yet that's been the story of the season. Can't wait to see the back of most of them.

I hope I am right in picking up from Shearer in his interview that he knows this all too well and the subject matter of his meeting with Ashley this week will be how they go about clearing the fuckers out.

Yes Mr Lambias I really feel for ashley right now.

They've probably both had death threats. It really wouldn't surprise me if that was their sole motivation behind this announcement.

:lol:

I was on the blower to my missus when I got off the train, and a mackem (old wanker, must have been 50+) was having a go at me. I'm not joking, I lost my temper big time! Ran after him but got distracted, what a tosspiece.

You're 100% right, I was shocked after the final whistle that most of them didn't look that bothered.

Hopefully we will use relegation to get rid of most of them, you can tell Shearer knows that this needs to be done.

:lol:

I was on the blower to my missus when I got off the train, and a mackem (old wanker, must have been 50+) was having a go at me. I'm not joking, I lost my temper big time! Ran after him but got distracted, what a tosspiece.

Eh? :lol:

Was there some lass with her norks out or something?

I can't handle it, I want to smack some cunt in the cunting face.

Yep, as soon as I get some abuse for this at college from some fucking Manure or Liverpool fan I just know I'm gonna snap and punch someone.

I can't handle it, I want to smack some cunt in the cunting face.

Yep, as soon as I get some abuse for this at college from some fucking Manure or Liverpool fan I just know I'm gonna snap and punch someone.

this is what i feel right now, i just went straight home after the game trying to make minimal contact with anyone on my way home.

There is a rage inside of me which could send me to jail.

Dirty talk like that could get you into a whole heap of trouble, baby. :hom:

I've tried to think of the positives, but there's obviously so many negatives. Here's what I came up with:

Positives:

Should be a clear out of players

Summer might be exciting in terms of player movement unlike the rare news days from last year.

We might (might) win some games next year!

Being out of the spotlight will be of great benefit to everybody connected with the club.

Cheaper tickets?

More games (guess this could be a negative if we're still shit)

A fresh start.

Negatives:

The loss of TV money

The inevitable loss of players such as Bassong and Enrique

Nicky Butt, Shola Ameobi, Kevin Nolan & Ryan Taylor will still be here.

Us not being on MOTD! (get rid of this negative depending on what the Beeb's highlights package will be like)

Relegated teams often take a long time to adapt to the ways of the Championship.

The mackems are the only North East Club in the Premiership, if they have any sense they'll get themselves noticed in as many of the "50/50" areas of the North East and convert a few young minds. The longer we're down the more chance there is they will become a stronger proposition.

And worst of all:

We won't be on the next PES.

Shit the bed, I hate football.