We're down. The relegation thread.

Dave

Apologised for the relegation, said everyone in the club is hurting, the players, the staff, Ashley 'who put so much time and money into the club'.

Said he and Ashley are sitting down with Shearer later this week to discuss how to move forward, and they hope to have more news by the end of the week.

SSN say they're about to release a club statement any minute now, anyone know what they're talking about?

"It is a fact that Newcastle United have been relegated"

FYP

:lol:

"It is a fact Alan Shearer only agreed to manage the club for 8 games, and 8 games only. So I hope you will all welcome back Joe Kinnear as our manager."

just seen people weeping outside Shearers.  How nice.

SERIOUSLY?

More blubber than a japanese butchers apparently.

Some bloke was sitting on the side of the road howling in tears. Camera didnt get off him until some lad left the bar on the phone and broke down in tears.

SSN say they're about to release a club statement any minute now, anyone know what they're talking about?

"It is a fact that Newcastle United have been relegated"

FYP

:lol:

"It is a fact Alan Shearer only agreed to manage the club for 8 games, and 8 games only. So I hope you will all welcome back Joe Kinnear as our manager."

If they put out some "We would like to thank Alan Shearer for his efforts blah blah blah Joe Kinnear" bullshit I'll go mad.

Hull won 1 out of the last 22 games.  I've already said it before, but Christ, that stat gets to me every time, they had an absolute shower of shite team and they still beat us.  Just had a quick browse through the Premier League tables since 1992 and only once before has a team with 35 points or fewer survived the drop.  It was a terrible West Brom team that was bottom at Christmas but survived on the last day with 34 and went down with room to spare a year later.

This Hull team is offically the second worst team ever to survive the drop from the Premier League.  Incidentally, this Sunderland side would go down as probably the 4th or 5th worst team ever to survive.

And they still beat us.

Hull won 1 out of the last 22 games.  I've already said it before, but Christ, that stat gets to me every time, they had an absolute shower of shite team and they still beat us.  Just had a quick browse through the Premier League tables since 1992 and only once before has a team with 35 points or fewer survived the drop.  It was a terrible West Brom team that was bottom at Christmas but survived on the last day with 34 and went down with room to spare a year later.

This Hull team is offically the second worst team ever to survive the drop from the Premier League.  Incidentally, this Sunderland side would go down as probably the 4th or 5th worst team ever to survive.

And they still beat us.

We are awful.

Is this statement coming onto the website then or what?

Relegation Huge Disappointment - Llambias

NEWCASTLE United Managing Director Derek Llambias has been reflecting on the Club's relegation from the Premier League.

Mr Llambias said: "Being relegated from the Premier League is a huge disappointment for everyone involved with Newcastle United.

"We are all hurting and I feel desperately sorry for everyone associated with Newcastle United; for Mike, who has invested heavily in the Club, and for all the supporters who have given the team magnificent backing up and down the country all season long.

"Mike and I will sit down with Alan this week to discuss how the Club moves forward again, and I hope to be able to say more to our supporters later this week."

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1666332,00.html

NEWCASTLE United Managing Director Derek Llambias has been reflecting on the Club's relegation from the Premier League.

Mr Llambias said: "Being relegated from the Premier League is a huge disappointment for everyone involved with Newcastle United.

"We are all hurting and I feel desperately sorry for everyone associated with Newcastle United; for Mike, who has invested heavily in the Club, and for all the supporters who have given the team magnificent backing up and down the country all season long.

"Mike and I will sit down with Alan this week to discuss how the Club moves forward again, and I hope to be able to say more to our supporters later this week."

Llambias does know which direction forward is doesnt he?? He has made reference to take us "forward" before and I have to say he has got me wondering

This is the same cunt who was insisting Joe Kinnear was the man to save Newcastle from a hospital bed? Fuck off and die you clueless twat.

This is the same c*** who was insisting Joe Kinnear was the man to save Newcastle from a hospital bed? f*** off and die you clueless t***.

:thup:

I'd have preferred:

'We would like to apologise for being such a bunch of cunts by publically killing ourselves. Free snacks will be issued to everyone during the event.'

Disgusted with today and the season in general. Hasn't sunk in yet either, not looking forward to that happening.

Yeah... that's the thing with me aswell. I know i'm going to go to pieces at some point, but i don't know when it's going to happen/what is going to happen. :lol:

Disgusted with today and the season in general. Hasn't sunk in yet either, not looking forward to that happening.

Yeah... that's the thing with me aswell. I know i'm going to go to pieces at some point, but i don't know when it's going to happen/what is going to happen. :lol:

Went to pieces straight after the final whistle, never experienced sporting disappointment on such a scale before, gonna sting for a few days.