We're down. The relegation thread.

Dave

Most of all Shearer's job was to motivate these fuckers...and sad to say he failed to do that  :no:

What are you on about for fuck sake

It's like saying it was Shearer's job to transorm a bunch of dead donkeys into race horses.

Guest Milburnthedog

We're down and we deserve to be. We all saw this coming a long time ago and it's no surprise we've dropped but think what should now happen. Ashley has a big decision to make, stay or go. Shearer will base his decision on Ashleys and a promise of investment or on new people's promise. The crap players, massively overpaid, will scuttle off and the Manager will buy more suited players for the scrap which is the Championship.

We've been down before and to be honest, without a very very quick change we may not even come straight back up next season. But think of what may happen a year from now if we do. We'll have invaded Sheff Wed, QPR, Peterborough etc in out many thousands and may be up automatically or we may be preparing for a mass invasion of Wembley for a play off. Those who remember Huddersfield or Grimsby will confirm the brilliant days and the euphoria of coming back up to the top tier.

Newcastle have been down and come back and we will again.

Most of all Shearer's job was to motivate these fuckers...and sad to say he failed to do that  :no:

Why do you think he was hired?

Because he was the only one who could potentially motivate the players with his personality, experience as a player and legendary status.

Did the players look motivated to you? Did they look like they gave a shit? :lol:

It's true that we were in deep shit already when he was hired but fact is he failed. Maybe harsh but true :thup:

Don't really blame him for the tactics because that was probably Dowie's job....

Motivation only works if you can improve a players performance though.

Butt/nolan were just out of it in the middle.

Without any possession the rest of the side is going to lose belief regardless of what the manager says

What are you on about for f*** sake

Why do you think he was hired?

Because he was the only one who could potentially motivate the players with his personality, experience as a player and legendary status.

Did the players look motivated to you? Did they look like they gave a s***? :lol:

It's true that we were in deep s*** already when he was hired but fact is he failed. Maybe harsh but true :thup:

Don't really blame him for the tactics because that was probably Dowie's job....

Come on man the players are on the day were cack and have being all season.We were counting on a miracle on Shearer changing it in 8 games sadly it was too late.Nothing to do with motivation, got to do with shitness

I live in washington and just realised that my tw@t neighbour is a mackem, him and his little mackem off spring were cheering when the results came up.

think I might go and burn the fookers house down

draw inspiration from you avatar.

It's like saying it was Shearer's job to transorm a bunch of dead donkeys into race horses.

Jose Mourinho would not have kept us up in the time he had.

I disagree

Not with this squad. It wasn't even about time, surely we've seen enough all season to realise just how bad they are? We've even got a Watford supporter starting threads about over-paid, over-hyped wankers.

I disagree

Fair enough.

I disagree

:lol:

I......I really dont know what to say. I feel sick. I feel devastated but most of all, let down.

The only thing that kept me from being inconsoluble at the final whistle was seeing those fans. They were out of this world.....the best in the world, in fact.

Relegation could be seen from a mile off, but nonetheless its still impossible to come to terms with the fact that NEWCASTLE UNITED have been relegated from the Premiership. I'm convinced this is a bad dream.....it cant be true, it just cant!!!  :weep:

I was streaming tears after full time but I've stopped now- my minds rejecting the idea of relegation. It hasn't sunk in yet but when it does....

What kills me the most is the uncertainty of the clubs long term future. If Shearer isn't appointed and we're not promoted within two seasons, I really will fear for this clubs life.

:weep:

I'd like Shearer to stay, but only if he wants the job. From the interview, I've got my doubts. Not unless he gets substantial funds which might not be available.

In fairness to Kinnear and Houghton, Shearer didn't produce better results or better football. I'm not knocking Shearer here - just saying that we should be a bit careful about knocking Kinnear.

Despite how poor we've been, we should have finished above Hull. For me, there were two turning points in the last few weeks which were very discouraging. The first was Martins' penalty miss against Arsenal. The second was Barton's sending off.

I'd like Shearer to stay, but only if he wants the job. From the interview, I've got my doubts. Not unless he gets substantial funds which might not be available.

In fairness to Kinnear and Houghton, Shearer didn't produce better results or better football. I'm not knocking Shearer here - just saying that we should be a bit careful about knocking Kinnear.

Despite how poor we've been, we should have finished above Hull. For me, there were two turning points in the last few weeks which were very discouraging. The first was Martins' penalty miss against Arsenal. The second was Barton's sending off.

To be fair to Shearer he's acknowledged that he didn't do enough to keep the team up. I'm sure he's just as clueless as to whether or not, ultimately, he has the ability to be a good NUFC manager. There is no evidence, really, it's a question of faith.

Devestated, fully expected defeat today but it still hurts a lot when it actually happens.

Deserve it though.

Fuck you Mike Ashley, you big fat cunt. I hope you suffer a horrific accident and are kept alive with machines for twenty years, with each and every passing second being a seemingly eternal living torture.

I've had better birthdays I'm not gonna lie.

Bummer. :lol:

Happy, er, Birthday mate.

:lol: Thanks mate. Still celebrated it, but the day was kind of riding on us at least drawing.

Been out since 6 this morning had a great day playing golf and having a BBQ after and didn't want to know the result until I got home.

And to hear a deflected shot off duff sent us down well that finishes this hopeless season off in perfect style!

I'll be fully behind the team next season but only if we can force Ashley out and we get an owner with an ounce of intelect because that fat cunt hasn't a bloody clue, The only positive we could have is with having Shearer stay and heaving out that shower of shite that's dragged our club down and getting proper foundations laid!

This may be a blessing in disguise, although I wish it didn't hurt so much.

Correct. WTF went on at half time? I do wonder, they played worse.

Because they're not f...g fit. It's not that they don't try in second halves, they're just too knackered. Disgraceful indictement.