Shearer's Interview On Sky

Tooj

I feel so sorry for him he just looks crushed, I am taking it miles better than I thought I would. Looking forward to next season, the excitment of who is going who will stay, who will be brought in, will Al stay.

I could and would cry if it was the end of NUFC but its not its just another chapter in the clubs history.

Lets move on lads, lets be positive about next season and winning the Championship!

Guest Sam04je

I feel so sorry for him he kjust looks crushed, I am taking it miles better than I thought I would. Looking forward to next season, the excitment of who is going who wills tay, who will be bring in, will Al stay.

I could and would cry if it was the end of NUFC but its not its just another chapter in the clubs history.

Lets move on lads, lets be positive about next season and winning the Championship!

Amazing Post,

I loved they way he said the new manager (Whether its him) will need to bring in players that want to play for the club.

i just want a manager. someone who i know is the manager of newcastle united. i'd like it to be someone i approve of but to be honest i just want someone in the job who i know is gonna be there for a few years, this is fucking horrible, i've been wondering who the next manager's gonna be for about 4 years.

i just want a manager. someone who i know is the manager of newcastle united. i'd like it to be someone i approve of but to be honest i just want someone in the job who i know is gonna be there for a few years, this is fucking horrible, i've been wondering who the next manager's gonna be for about 4 years.

Good post. That's why I think we ought to give Shearer a chance. Say, 'fuck it, we're in the shit: Alan you've got 5 years. Good luck'.

He looked hurt at being relegated, but also by the fact that once again - the players have let him and the club down. They along with our owner, should hang their heads in shame.

Shearer's not to blame - you cannot flog a dead horse.

Shearer is staying.  No doubt about that whatsoever.

It really didn't look that way during the interview. He didn't look like he fancied it at all.

No, he just looked distraught. I'm sure you can figure out why.

Guest Stephen927

Just watched his interview on the BBC site. Top bloke, genuinely seems gutted we've been relegated, he feels it just like all of us.

He's given us some dignity.  It's not until you have seen that interview today that the total contempt and lack of dignity of JFK, Lambsarse et al comes into focus.  The man isa legend and is the way forward for us managerially.

It made me cry seeing him so hurt like that. Firstly, because hes an absolute legend and himself and Dowie are the only ones who actually give a fuck about this club, and also, seeing someone like him hurt so much really hammered home the fact that we've just been relegated.

Please Alan, stay with us.

Shearer is staying.  No doubt about that whatsoever.

It really didn't look that way during the interview. He didn't look like he fancied it at all.

Can't say I blame him with what is above him.

Reading between the lines I thought he fancied the job but didn't want to say so. He acknowledged the fact the club needs to be ripped apart and rebuilt from top to bottom which in my opinion, was him telling Ashley he'd need complete control over the whole shooting match.

Whether Ashley can let him have his head I'm not sure about. He's certainly our best hope of bouncing straight back though.