Fabricio Coloccini

steve_69
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

Have to say I was totally wrong about the guy (Ronaldo), clearly his 1st season was down to poor confidence and having a bunch of feckless wankers around him.

Have to say I was totally wrong about the guy (Ronaldo), clearly his 1st season was down to poor confidence and having a bunch of feckless wankers around him.

Me and my mates were saying the same last night, its amazing how he has transformed from his first season.  Suppose it shows that we should have more patience with players.

Guest neesy111

Me and my mates were saying the same last night, its amazing how he has transformed from his first season.  Suppose it shows that we should have more patience with players.

The thing is with Coloccini he came here on a big transfer fee and on big wages.  So he was bought a key player and he didn't perform to one.  Still doesn't excuse some of the awful mistakes he did in that 1st season.

The thing is with Coloccini he came here on a big transfer fee and on big wages.  So he was bought a key player and he didn't perform to one.  Still doesn't excuse some of the awful mistakes he did in that 1st season.

tough situation to walk into, not only a new country new culture new language and style of football to adapt to but the entire mess that was nufc that season couldn't have helped, jfk ffs anyone would look bad

He was shite in his first season, shit squad/situation or not, he was shite. He has since improved astronomically and i fucking love him. :smitten:

Like i said after the game, that was one of the best CB performances i've seen from one of our players in years. Brilliant stuff.

Going by the (fortunately) few glimpses I had of a fit and in form Woodgate for Real Madrid and to a lesser degree his spell at Boro he certainly is better than Coloccini. Maybe Colo is better on the ball, but Woodgate dominated all the aspects of defending to an astonishing degree. But as said, a player that just couldn't be depended upon.

Slowly becoming one of the best defenders I've seen play for us. I don't like talking about it though as I'm afraid things will go tits up, but praise where it's due, he's been superb for 18 months now.

Bent completely had him with that chance in the first half. Would like him to stop throwing himself into challenges.

He didn't throw himself into challenges. He was chasing after Bent, bound to happen when the defender is chasing at top speed and the striker suddenly stops, happens even to the best defenders. I believe it's called momentum