Peter Løvenkrands

Rich

If the club could offload Lovenkrands, Harper & Smith in the jan window for nothing the club will have improved immensely.

He did his bit just like Harper, but it's time to move on for everyone's sake.

Smith is a cunt.

Don't mind either way if we keep or rid him.  If he stays, he should be very low in the pecking order for strikers - but will say he takes 1 hell of a penalty and will always respect his dedication to us in the championship season.  Will always respect the man.

He scored 13 goals in the Magpies’ Championship success, and has 28 in all for the club in 54 starts and 24 substitute appearances.

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/11/02/peter-lovenkrands-stalling-on-new-nufc-contract-61634-29703419/#ixzz1cY9f81jL

That's actually not a bad goal-ratio for us. The problem with him is that he doesn't really contribute with much else. Even though I'm a Dane myself, I wouldn't complain at all if we got rid.

He's such a classy player and helped us out when we were in the Championship. I'll never forget when he scored the goal when his dad died. One of the most emotional moments I've experienced as a Newcastle fan.

Also, I have to respect his decision to move for more playing time. I hope he gets what he wants. All the best to him.

I like him, his accent's quality and he's obviously a good guy. If you look at his stats, they're not bad at all. If you look at his performances they are. He's got a very good footballing brain and has made a lot of his limited talent, when he goes I'll be happy to have called him a Newcastle player, while he's still here I'm not happy to call him a newcastle player

Outstanding contribution in the CCC and at least he's said he want to move because he knows he wont get many games. A foreign concept for some, eh Alan?

I wouldn't say it was outstanding. He was fucking doshite away from home, for a start.

we won't find a better experienced fifth choice striker for the wage and fee we pay. So it is a choice between him and a kid or just buying a top class striker and putting the other strikers down the order.

We would benefit a lot more by keeping Lovenkrands for 12 months as emergency cover and for the easier cup games on the condition that we loan Sammy out to a championship club for that period, rather than getting rid of him and Sammy getting limited game time.

Get rid. In the way for up and coming talent.

That will hardly get any game time?

Wouldn't it be more productive long term if we loan out the up and coming talent so that they can play championship football every week while keeping Lovenkrands for emergency for 12 months?

As some of you have said, it is probably best for all parties that he moves on. He has definitely been a great servant to the club. He did a fantastic job/played a key role for us in the Championship and people shouldn't forget that.

Except a club that won't create 5 good chances for him per game. Which is basically all of them.

Bit harsh on him. There were games in the CCC where he scored for fun without needing that many chances. I agree in general though, as there won't be a team in the Championship now that has the same level of quality compared to our team there in 09/10.

He's such a classy player

A classy person, perhaps - that is, when he's not trying to mow down small children at 60mph in his automobile of death, but it's a sad, sad day for NUFC when a player with Lovenkrands' complete lack of technical quality can be called a 'classy player'.

Except a club that won't create 5 good chances for him per game. Which is basically all of them.

Darius Henderson has scored 8 in 11 for Millwall, and as shit as Lovenkrands is, he's better than Darius Henderson.

He could score 12-15 a season in that league alright.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Absolutely no way should he be staying. I liked him in the relegation season, got a lot of goals when he was put up top in the championship.