Peter Løvenkrands

Rich

Had never read any of this thread before today. By Christ, there's some proper shit in it.

Aye, except for that lad who said he'd be lively in the Championship alongside a target-man, and score plenty of goals. Must be a right genius.

/Ronaldo

(He's scored a goal every 105.6 minutes this season, in all competitions. 11 goals from 16 starts.)

What else could it possibly mean? You wouldn't think he was very good in the air, cos he's small and slight, but he's actually an excellent header of the ball. The goals against WBA and Barnsley are a testiment to that.

What else could it possibly mean? You wouldn't think he was very good in the air, cos he's small and slight, but he's actually an excellent header of the ball. The goals against WBA and Barnsley are a testiment to that.

i'll take this and run with it. he's a good header of the ball but doesn't "win" many as in you'll not find him challenging for headers against defenders. his headers tend to come when his movement has got him space, similar to michael owen,andy cole and a Mr Milburn.

i'll take this and run with it. he's a good header of the ball but doesn't "win" many as in you'll not find him challenging for headers against defenders. his headers tend to come when his movement has got him space, similar to michael owen,andy cole and a Mr Milburn.

spot on point IMO.

Aye i should have said just infront of goal really. Obviously he's not the sort of player who depends on aerial ability, or uses it as a focal point of his game. All i'm saying is that he's scored a few really, really good goals with his head this season.

Aye i should have said just infront of goal really. Obviously he's not the sort of player who depends on aerial ability, or uses it as a focal point of his game. All i'm saying is that he's scored a few really, really good goals with his head this season.

but as a rule you wouldn't want us hoying in the type of balls we do for carroll on the basis that mcloven has scored some good headers.

Well, what the words literally mean is that he's good in the air in a way that deceives people. What you seem to want to say is that his appearance would deceive you into thinking he's not good in the air, but he is. One could also wonder whether you meant to convey that he deceives you into thinking he's good in the air, but actually isn't. I couldn't tell, so I asked you.

I think that what you are trying to convey is that he has good heading technique, but not the physique to challenge for them. I have seen quite a few forwards like this. Messi for example is an excellent header of the ball, he just won't win any unless unmarked*

*or marked by Rio Ferdinand

With every game I more and more think that Lovenkrands together with Carroll could be and should be our Premier League striking pair next season. Carroll will still get better and Lovenkrands has everything a dangerous striker should have.

Guest NSMagpie

Had never read any of this thread before today. By Christ, there's some proper s*** in it.

Aye, except for that lad who said he'd be lively in the Championship alongside a target-man, and score plenty of goals. Must be a right genius.

/Ronaldo

(He's scored a goal every 105.6 minutes this season, in all competitions. 11 goals from 16 starts.)

Actually, no. Lovenkrands scored 13 times this season.  Besides, he is the club's joint top-scorer, with Kevin Nolan.

http://www.nufc.com/2009-10html/goalscorers.html

Of course, Shola Ameobi very probably has the best minutes to goals ratio, if you really think that  counts.  :mackems:

Had never read any of this thread before today. By Christ, there's some proper s*** in it.

/Ronaldo

Actually, no. Lovenkrands scored 13 times this season.  Besides, he is the club's joint top-scorer, with Kevin Nolan.

Of course, Shola Ameobi very probably has the best minutes to goals ratio, if you really think that  counts.  :mackems:

:rolleyes:

As I said, 11 goals from 16 starts. 13 goals from all appearances (scored 2 off the bench in the 5-1 win over Cardiff). Was basically trying to make the point that when he starts, he usually scores - which is why it has been so frustrating to see him used so little from the outset in the earlier part of the season (and until fairly recently, to be honest).

And yes, I know stats don't tell the full story and can be moulded to fit any point of view (as I did there) - but whatever way you take it, his goals-per-minute ratio is very, very good (tends to be a better judge of strike-rate than goals-per-game).

Oh, and Shola's ratio is actually a goal every 106.8 minutes. So aye, fuck off. O0

Guest NSMagpie

/Ronaldo

As I said, 11 goals from 16 starts. 13 goals from all appearances (scored 2 off the bench in the 5-1 win over Cardiff). Was basically trying to make the point that when he starts, he usually scores - which is why it has been so frustrating to see him used so little from the outset in the earlier part of the season (and until fairly recently, to be honest).

And yes, I know stats don't tell the full story and can be moulded to fit any point of view (as I did there) - but whatever way you take it, his goals-per-minute ratio is very, very good (tends to be a better judge of strike-rate than goals-per-game).

Oh, and Shola's ratio is actually a goal every 106.8 minutes. So aye, f*** off. O0

The very fact that you mention goals to minutes ratio, and count only the games and goals when player started the games is bizarre, to say at least.  :mackems:

Yes, stats don't tell the full story, they tell the full story to those who know what is relevant, and what is not. Counting only the games player started, and mentioning it in the same breath with the minutes to goals ratio is laughable.

And so is this type of speech:

So aye, f*** off.

Especially for an admin.  ;D

How did you count Shola's minutes to goals ratio? I hope you didn't incude any last season games.  :undecided:

/Ronaldo

Oh, and Shola's ratio is actually a goal every 106.8 minutes. So aye, f*** off. O0

The very fact that you mention goals to minutes ratio, and count only the games and goals when player started the games is bizarre, to say at least.  :mackems:

Yes, stats don't tell the full story, they tell the full story to those who know what is relevant, and what is not. Counting only the games player started, and mentioning it in the same breath with the minutes to goals ratio is laughable.

And so is this type of speech:

So aye, f*** off.

Especially for an admin.  ;D

How did you count Shola's minutes to goals ratio? I hope you didn't incude any last season games.  :undecided:

Dear me. I counted it by dividing the minutes he has played this season by the goals he has scored. Doesn't take too long to do.

What is relevant for a striker then? Oh enlightened one.

How was it relevant that you stated Lovenkrands is joint-top scorer with Kevin Nolan, in relation to my point about games started and goals-per-minute? Surely that was a daft comment as Nolan has played far more games, far more minutes and plays in a different position? Do you see the irony here?

I can deal with debating with sensible/even just consistent points of view (which yours definitely hasn't been, even just across two posts), but not people who initially misread the point of a post, then are mistaken about their next daft assumption (Ameobi) and then question the basis of the post with an almighty :mackems: when it's them who are acting laughably.

I've already made it clear that I was using goals-per-minute to support my assumption from last season that Lovenkrands would score plenty of goals at this level and that I then went on to mention goals-per-start to support the fact that I feel he should have been used from the start a lot more this season. I did explain that in my previous post, if you actually read it. The man scores goals, he would have scored a lot more if he'd been used more. That's the basic gist of what I am getting at, surely that's fair enough?

Also I must apologise for my aggressive reaction to you there as well, but you must see why your post frustrated me. You absolute mong.