Peter Løvenkrands

Rich

Not sure if this has been posted:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_5402175,00.html

Denmark international Peter Lovenkrands has admitted he would welcome a move to Sunderland.

The former Newcastle winger, whose contract with the Magpies expired at the end of last season, has cited his desire to remain settled in the North East of England as a factor for his interest in the move.

His time at St.James' Park was short-lived as the club will not renew his six-month deal which he signed in January following the club's slide into the Championship.

However, the former Rangers player has no shortage of admirers and the prospect of joining their near city rivals Sunderland is an appealing one.

"Sunderland is certainly an interesting club," Lovenkrands told BT. "The city is near Newcastle where we have settled fine and it would be attractive to stay in northern England.

The 29-year-old will not restrict his options to just the Premier League and the North, although he stressed that it would be his preferred option.

He added: "I would not mind to continue to lay in England and particularly in the Premier League."

What a wanker!

Selfish b****** actually wants to work for a living :tool:

It is just beyond me, how you can move from NUFC to SAFC (same with all the other rivals: ManU/Liverpool, Arsenal/Tottenham, Inter/AC Milan, Ajax/Feyenoord, Fener/Galatasaray...)!!! Any other club would be okay...but then again: Who else would want him?

Guest Roger Kint

It is just beyond me, how you can move from NUFC to SAFC (same with all the other rivals: ManU/Liverpool, Arsenal/Tottenham, Inter/AC Milan, Ajax/Feyenoord, Fener/Galatasaray...)!!! Any other club would be okay...but then again: Who else would want him?

Its not like Lee Clark moving. He has been here 6 months, he has had no contact from our club, he likes the area and a possible move to Sunderland in the Premier League could be on the cards. Got to love the overreactions of football fans, if you played for Shef Utd for 6 months and they didnt offer a new deal then your only offer was Shef Wed i assume you would retire then?  ;D

Its not like Lee Clark moving. He has been here 6 months, he has had no contact from our club, he likes the area and a possible move to Sunderland in the Premier League could be on the cards. Got to love the overreactions of football fans, if you played for Shef Utd for 6 months and they didnt offer a new deal then your only offer was Shef Wed i assume you would retire then?  ;D

Then he should not have mentioned that he likes it up here... Yes, I think I would take the step down to the fizzy pop league with fucking Sunlun as the only option! No wait...I am pretty sure!

Guest Roger Kint

Then he should not have mentioned that he likes it up here... Yes, I think I would take the step down to the fizzy pop league with f***ing Sunlun as the only option! No wait...I am pretty sure!

Jesus. So he likes the North East? Its not a crime to admit that you know.

Am sorry if i am able to think logically about this as opposed to a biased fan but that must be my problem. :facepalm:

Guest Roger Kint

maybe it's just a ploy to try to get newcastle to offer him a contract too? if he likes the north east and likes our fans

Well i hope he is very patient cos the never ending wait for this saga to finish is killing everyone else :frantic:

Then he should not have mentioned that he likes it up here... Yes, I think I would take the step down to the fizzy pop league with f***ing Sunlun as the only option! No wait...I am pretty sure!

Jesus. So he likes the North East? Its not a crime to admit that you know.

Am sorry if i am able to think logically about this as opposed to a biased fan but that must be my problem. :facepalm:

Probably, yes...case closed.

Guest Stephen927

He came in and did a job for 6 months. I would like him to stay another year, but if he does go to Sunderland I'm not too bothered, it's not like he'll improve them greatly. He's a below average Premiership player.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/07/01/united-axe-winger-peter-lovenkrands-by-letter-72703-24041903/

United axe winger Peter Lovenkrands by letter

Jul 1 2009 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

PETER LOVENKRANDS has been left devastated by Newcastle United’s decision to let him know he was no longer needed by the club – by letter.

The Dane had expressed a wish to United to stay on and help the Magpies fight their way out of the Championship, despite interest from rivals Sunderland.

However, he was stunned to discover that rather than being told face to face he was surplus to requirements, he was informed via a letter last week.

A source close to former Rangers ace Lovenkrands told the Chronicle: “Peter was keen to stay on and help fight for the cause.

“Instead he received a letter telling him not to bother turning up for the first day of pre-season training today.

“He is devastated and upset by this.

“Despite the pain of relegation he wanted to talk about a new deal and put some wrongs right from last season.

“You would have thought that was the sort of player Newcastle needed this season, but clearly they have other ideas.”

It meant that United started day one of pre-season training amid further chaos today as caretaker boss Chris Hughton took charge of the much-maligned Magpies at the club’s Benton HQ.

Lovenkrands, who became something of a cult hero for United fans last season and earned his own song “signed on a free from Germany”, is now being tracked by several Premier League sides.

But the Chronicle understands that Sunderland are not one of the front-runners to win the race for his services.

Indeed, Wigan Athletic and West Ham United are keen on the Danish international who scored three times for the Toon last season.

Also not in training today were departed big earners Mark Viduka, Michael Owen and Cacapa while Burnley-bound David Edgar is waiting on the Clarets and United agreeing a fee after the free agent said yes to a move to Turf Moor.

And, in-keeping with the chaos at United, strength and conditioning coaches Mark Hulse and Robbie Elliott have been told they must work a month’s notice before they can leave for their respective new positions.

Hulse will assume a role with Liverpool, while ex-Toon ace Elliott is taking a job with sportswear giants Nike.

Meanwhile, there was no update from Newcastle regarding the takeover of the club today.

A United official said: “Sorry but there is no further news on the sale of the club.”

Meh.

Why would he be in training? His contract is up.

I'd imagine it'll be down to Shearer when he gets the job as to whether he'll be signed.

Depends whether Lovenkrands already has a club by then though.

Guest Heneage

if Shearer wants him he'll be back. But in all honesty, we need to look beyond 29 year old grafters

He has pace though, I can just imagine him scoring the winner at Barnsley as we look set to gain promotion.

Looked a shocking winger but a useful striker. His finish against Boro was class. As others have said he has pace and thats a commodity severely lacking in our squad. I would keep him, especially as Martins is surely going (despite what Lee Ryder says in today's Chronicle).

Guest toonlass

Looked a shocking winger but a useful striker. His finish against Boro was class. As others have said he has pace and thats a commodity severely lacking in our squad. I would keep him, especially as Martins is surely going (despite what Lee Ryder says in today's Chronicle).

Has always been the case tbh. I would have kept him on, he would have scored a few in the championship.

I'd personally keep him but if we go into the season relying on the likes of him and Duff for creativity, we're basically fucked

I'd like to think we wouldn't use him for anything other than finishing chances off. I think his off the ball movement up front is pretty good fwiw.