Peter Løvenkrands

Rich

Guest BooBoo

I feel bad that he'll get a lot of schtick now because of his idiot agent mouthing off to the press.  Lovenkrands was one of the few who looked down for the cause and I think he'll be a cracking player in the CCC.  Would love for him to stay.

He was one of the invisibles at Villa Park mind, offered absolutely nothing.

I feel bad that he'll get a lot of schtick now because of his idiot agent mouthing off to the press.  Lovenkrands was one of the few who looked down for the cause and I think he'll be a cracking player in the CCC.  Would love for him to stay.

Because he's shite when shunted out on the wing. Same away at Liverpool, home to Chelsea (prior to injury) and away at Bolton. His best performances for us have been when playing upfront, in his proper position.

Guest wshmag

Because he's s**** when shunted out on the wing. Same away at Liverpool, home to Chelsea (prior to injury) and away at Bolton. His best performances for us have been when playing upfront, in his proper position.

He's shit full stop. thought he'd get an offer in the premiership and has probably realised nobody else will sign him on now, so now he wants to stay with us.

He's shit full stop. thought he'd get an offer in the premiership and has probably realised nobody else will sign him on now, so now he wants to stay with us.

What even makes you think that?  Because as far as I know, he's never said he was looking to stay in the Prem, only his agent said that he was looking to get Peter a contract in the Prem (and if we're being honest, who wouldn't?).

Guest wshmag

He's s*** full stop. thought he'd get an offer in the premiership and has probably realised nobody else will sign him on now, so now he wants to stay with us.

What even makes you think that?

because he's shit.

nobody wants him.

so he wants to stay.

Guest toonlass

He's s*** full stop. thought he'd get an offer in the premiership and has probably realised nobody else will sign him on now, so now he wants to stay with us.

What even makes you think that?

because he's shit.  :mackems:

nobody wants him.

so he wants to stay.

You're funny

Peter Lovenkrands: I’d Love to stay with Newcastle United

Jun 4 2009 by Mark Douglas, The Journal

PETER Lovenkrands says he would “love” to be Newcastle United’s first summer signing – and has apologised to the club’s fans for their humiliating relegation.

Despite joining the club when it was deep in turmoil, the Danish winger made a decent impact in the last five months of the season and enjoyed his stay at the club.

He scored crucial goals in the victories against Middlesbrough and West Brom – but it wasn’t enough to keep United in the top flight.

His agent Ivan Marko Benes was quoted in the aftermath of relegation as saying that Lovenkrands would now be seeking a Premier League club – but the player himself insists that is not the case.

The 29-year-old told The Journal that Newcastle remains his preferred destination and he would love to link up with Alan Shearer and play a part in the rebuilding efforts at United.

Shearer’s situation remains clouded in mystery with no resolution expected until the end of the week, but Lovenkrands believes that if Newcastle’s all-time top scorer is given the role, he will turn things around.

Unbelievably, Shearer was the third manager that Lovenkrands worked with in just four months on Tyneside. But that uncertainty has not put him off the prospect of signing a long-term deal with the Championship-bound club.

“I would love to be at Newcastle United again next season,” he said.

“I know that things are up in the air with the gaffer and no one has said anything to me yet, but if the chance was there then I would take it.

“I’m open to anything that Newcastle say to me. I’m waiting to hear  what will happen next for me but hopefully it will be something from Newcastle.

“It wouldn’t bother me that the club is in the Championship because it is still a massive, massive club and I loved my time there. The fans were amazing and the way they clapped us off at Aston Villa shows how much the club means to them.

“I’d definitely be interested in playing longer at Newcastle.”

Effectively, United’s team building plans for next season are on hold until the Shearer situation is resolved. He has begun identifying players capable of getting United back into the Premier League at the first time of asking.

But it is still far from certain that he will be the manager charged with the task of leading a promotion bid.

Talks are on hold until then – and Lovenkrands’ situation may depend on the deal that he asks United for.

They are unlikely to be able to offer him the same terms that he was on while the club was in the Premier League, but Shearer would be interested in the former Denmark international if he was willing to compromise. Blackburn Rovers have been touted as another potential destination for the former Rangers striker.

But it appears as if Lovenkrands wants to stay on Tyneside and atone for the club’s relegation.

Indeed the Dane admits that he is still smarting about the way the club went down at Villa Park.

United succumbed tamely to a 1-0 defeat when even a point would have done and Lovenkrands, who started the game, admits that the players should have done better when presented with their golden opportunity. “I’m sorry that the club went down and that I couldn’t do more to help,” he said.

“It is a good club and I thought that we could turn it around. It was very disappointing.”

http://www.journallive.co.uk/safc/safc-news/2009/06/04/peter-lovenkrands-i-d-love-to-stay-with-newcastle-united-61634-23785807/2/

so last weeks articles probably were just agent bollocks

Most agents are cunts, dunno why he took so long to ocme out and say he wnated to stay though, maybe waited to see if he did get any other offers first.

so last weeks articles probably were just agent bollocks

I agree. I get the impression Lovenkrands hasn't really backtracked at all and that it was just his agent spouting off the usual agent shite. I mean, was there ever actual quotes from Lovenkrands saying that he wanted a new club?

He might have waited to see if any other offers came his way, which I see nothing wrong with. He's out of contract and has only been here for 6 months, I wouldn't expect him to show us any loyalty. I do think he always wanted to stay though, as I think he's quite happy living in the North East.

Like others have said, I'd be happy for him to stay, as long as we use him as a striker. Would think that him and Carroll would make a decent partnership in the Championship.