Peter Løvenkrands

Rich

His agent said that his client would rather make a move to the Premier League but that a return to the Magpies is not out of the question also.

"Is it out of the question that he stays at Newcastle? I don't think so. But we will find a club for him and that's what we are working on now.

He wants to move away but would be willing to stay if nobody wants him?

Guest Roger Kint

His agent said that his client would rather make a move to the Premier League but that a return to the Magpies is not out of the question also.

"Is it out of the question that he stays at Newcastle? I don't think so. But we will find a club for him and that's what we are working on now.

Is that a bad thing? Lets be fair he clearly tried while here and he is at that age where his next move is a big one. Dont blame him for hoping to make the most of it. I would be happy to see him stay, pace and wont be on the silly salaries of the rest who took us down.

Guest toonlass

Look at it another way, his contract runs out next week. Would you hang around without pay waiting to see what the heck is happening at the shambolic club? If he gets another offer he will be off, and until we have a manager and new owner in place nothing is going to be sorted with any of the players.

No club yet - so I imagine so.

He stated a long time ago, way before the current 'shambles', that he wants to stay in the Premiership. Although what you say is good reason, I imagine he genuinely thought we where a stepping stone into the EPL.

Guest toonlass

He stated a long time ago, way before the current 'shambles', that he wants to stay in the Premiership.  Although what you say is good reason, I imagine he genuinely thought we where a stepping stone into the EPL.

I don't think he is using us as a stepping stone. The current shambles has been going on since before Lovenkrands joined us. I think he does want to play for us, and if he was offered another deal he would stay, but while we have no new owner and no manager then he will not be offered a new deal and its a shame that we will let someone who could do a massive job for us in the Championship would be let go of just because of the carcrash that is happening now.

Guest Roger Kint

Only speculation, but it's all about how arsed he is next season.

Would imagine a few fans not being too impressed with the attitude of 'I want an EPL club, but you lot will do if not'.

I would actually respect that. If i had no personal love for a club the only way to go is being honest. Like Blefuscu says with the club being soo fcuked up at present he must look to his own future first.

That's fine - but then you have to judge his motivation if he stays next season.

Must be stressed that almost every post on this page is speculation and nobody knows for certain what Lovenkrands attitude towards anything is.

Guest Roger Kint

That's fine - but then you have to judge his motivation if he stays next season.

Must be stressed that almost every post on this page is speculation and nobody knows for certain what Lovenkrands attitude towards anything is.

Agree on the speculation part.

As for motivation. I despise my job but i am dam good at it, couldnt do a better job if i loved it. He seems to be a good professional, unlike many around him

He stated a long time ago, way before the current 'shambles', that he wants to stay in the Premiership. Although what you say is good reason, I imagine he genuinely thought we where a stepping stone into the EPL.

I don't think he is using us as a stepping stone. The current shambles has been going on since before Lovenkrands joined us. I think he does want to play for us, and if he was offered another deal he would stay, but while we have no new owner and no manager then he will not be offered a new deal and its a shame that we will let someone who could do a massive job for us in the Championship would be let go of just because of the carcrash that is happening now.

He was talking about leaving around the time it was almost certain that we were going to be relegated.

Basically, it seems his first priority is to play in the EPL. If he can find a move this summer he'll take it. If not he'll stick with us in a hope we make a quick return - speculation!

Guest toonlass

I remember him from his time at Rangers, and he is an honest player. If he is the same bloke he was up at Ibrox then he would give his all for the cause. He was prepared to come to our club in January and show he could do a job, he scored 3 goals when our "superstar" striker couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo. He may have changed and become mercenary since his days at Rangers but I doubt it. I can't remember any direct quotes from him saying he wanted to leave, just agent talk, I might be wrong tho.

You can't really gauge what he wants from those quotes - agents often talk shite. I think he'd be delighted to stay here but the lack of an offer and current shroud around the ownership/manager situation means he has to start looking for a contingency plan, he doesn't want to be without a club come August.

No club yet - so I imagine so.

He stated a long time ago, way before the current 'shambles', that he wants to stay in the Premiership.  Although what you say is good reason, I imagine he genuinely thought we where a stepping stone into the EPL.

He did no such thing.  His agent talked a bunch of shit but there were no quotes from Lovenkrands saying anything like that.

Another Toon target for Bruce :lol: does he just want our squad:?

Sure fire way for the mackems to be relegated I guess :)

Aye and I think he is seeign it as I cannot get players to coem to this shitehole of a City so I will try to get players already living in the north east.

Guest Roger Kint

Another Toon target for Bruce :lol: does he just want our squad:?

Sure fire way for the mackems to be relegated I guess :)

Aye and I think he is seeign it as I cannot get players to coem to this shitehole of a City so I will try to get players already living in the north east.

Has Steve Bruce ever been quoted as saying he wants any of our players? Dont beleive it for one second until he does.

Given that this allged Huddlestone bid came out of nowhere its unlikely these stories have any truth in them.

If Redknapp was looking to get rid of Huddlestone, some of our London-based mags would have known ages ago, with saggy face patrolling the North Circular, banging on car windows asking people to take him off his hands for a tenner

Guest Roger Kint

If Redknapp was looking to get rid of Huddlestone, some of our London-based mags would have known ages ago, with saggy face patrolling the North Circular, banging on car windows asking people to take him off his hands for a tenner

Never said he was looking to get rid though, if its true 3 clubs have offered £8.5m according to the spurs fan here. That would suggest they thought sod it we will have that thank you very much ;D

I'm not arsed either way what happens with him. I think he would do a decent job in the Championship and he would be a handy player, but if he buggers off to Sunderland then I will be quite amused as well because he is hardly the type of player you would expect the mackems to sign after all of this big money talk.

Not sure if this has been posted:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_5402175,00.html

Denmark international Peter Lovenkrands has admitted he would welcome a move to Sunderland.

The former Newcastle winger, whose contract with the Magpies expired at the end of last season, has cited his desire to remain settled in the North East of England as a factor for his interest in the move.

His time at St.James' Park was short-lived as the club will not renew his six-month deal which he signed in January following the club's slide into the Championship.

However, the former Rangers player has no shortage of admirers and the prospect of joining their near city rivals Sunderland is an appealing one.

"Sunderland is certainly an interesting club," Lovenkrands told BT. "The city is near Newcastle where we have settled fine and it would be attractive to stay in northern England.

The 29-year-old will not restrict his options to just the Premier League and the North, although he stressed that it would be his preferred option.

He added: "I would not mind to continue to lay in England and particularly in the Premier League."