Peter Løvenkrands

Rich

He would totally rock the Championship, but I am not surprised to see him want out.

We only offered him a contract until the end of the season, that hardly shows any ambition on our part to want to keep him.

Also, there are no quotes from him so it's probably just a bit of fishing by his agent to see if he can get anyone to bite.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_5349026,00.html

Peter Lovenkrands has confirmed he would like to remain in England at the end of his Newcastle contract.

The Danish winger moved to St James' Park in the winter transfer window following a disappointing start to the season with Schalke.

He only joined the Magpies on a six-month deal and is not expected to stay with the club following their relegation to the Championship.

Lovenkrands' agent Ivan Marko Benes announced on Monday that he would welcome the opportunity to link up with another Premier League outfit.

And the 29-year-old has now made it clear that he does not want to switch countries again ahead of the new campaign

"I'd love to stay in England," Lovenkrands told TV2.

"I will concentrate on enjoying the vacation with my family; my children and my wife.

"And when the agent knows what's happening, he will contact me."

Apparently he's only on about 10k a week.

I feel for him. I wouldn't get out of bed for that tbh.

If he's really on that then he's already on more than a lot of players in the championship.

Obviously, but that money would make him one of the lowest earners at the club, just seems strange that he'd be so desperate to leave.

Its not like he is demanding a move whilst in the middle of a nice fat contract. His contract has ran out and it is his right to move on. Fuck it, for all we know he might not have been offered a new deal. Don't get all the Loven hate

I wonder if he's already been told (or given the impression) that he wouldn't be getting kept on?

Would seem strange though, considering he was given a start yesterday in the "biggest game in our Premiership history".

Think it was more of a 'you're fit, you're in' for the team on Sunday to be honest.

Bit disappointed to see him go, as he could have made a decent squad player in the Fizzy Pop.

Lovenkrands, who scored three goals during his spell with the Magpies, added that he had been pleased with his overall contribution.

He said: "It's gone better than all expectations. I have got a lot of playing time and scored many goals. It has been a fantastic experience."

"Many" goals? I think he means 3. "fantastic experience"? Glad you enjoyed it.

Any player who doesn't want to play for Newcastle can piss off. We don't want you.

Guest neesy111

Lovenkrands, who scored three goals during his spell with the Magpies, added that he had been pleased with his overall contribution.

He said: "It's gone better than all expectations. I have got a lot of playing time and scored many goals. It has been a fantastic experience."

"Many" goals? I think he means 3. "fantastic experience"? Glad you enjoyed it.

Any player who doesn't want to play for Newcastle can piss off. We don't want you.

well compared to michael owen in the same time frame, it's a bucket load

Guest Phil K

He looked more likely to score than any other Newcastle player

And that basic fact show just how atrocious our "team" was.

Journal reckons he's now back-tracked, after an interview on Onside.dk. Hedging his bets.

I'd like him to stay if his wages are as small as rumoured, he will score goals in the CCC.

i'd like him to stay to be honest

I'd like him to stay if he actually wants to stay and Shearer wants him.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/05/27/mike-ashley-apologises-to-fans-as-shearer-deal-not-yet-agreed-61634-23723122/

Meanwhile, Peter Løvenkrands has back-tracked on comments from his agent, Ivan Marko Benes, suggesting the Danish forward will look for a summer move back to the Premier League.

Former Rangers and Schalke player Løvenkrands is out of contract, but told website Onside.DK he is not ruling out the possibility of returning to St James’s Park – if United want him.

I say let him leave, he isnt good enough for the Premiership, and doesnt have the physic to play the championship. He is 29 years old, and isnt getting any younger. I hope we go out and find a more pacey winger/striker, with more skills.

But that is my opinion, and if Shearer or if we get a new manager find him good enough for our squad, then keep him if he wants to stay.

Journal reckons he's now back-tracked, after an interview on Onside.dk. Hedging his bets.

I'd like him to stay if his wages are as small as rumoured, he will score goals in the CCC.

If he does stay he should be used ONLY as an out and out forward, whenever he's been pushed out wide he's been a disaster.

If he does stay he should be used ONLY as an out and out forward, whenever he's been pushed out wide he's been a disaster.

thats his problem....his former managers seem to want him out wide where his only force is pace. As a forward he is very average!