Peter Løvenkrands

Rich

Surely if the only reason he wanted to stay was because he couldn't get a club in the Premiership he would have waited until closer to the new season?

I think he would bang away a few goals in the Championship, his pace would worry a lot of defences in this league and as was said on here earlier, he had a better eye for goal at the tail end of the season than Owen and Martins put together!

Guest Magpiecn

Its interesting that several players have expressed that they would play the championship next season with the club since the relegation.Though some people said that's because some players cant find a premireship club,I'm still happy to see we can keep some first team players.Maybe its too early to say that.

Its interesting that several players have expressed that they would play the championship next season with the club since the relegation.Though some people said that's because some players cant find a premireship club,I'm still happy to see we can keep some first team players.Maybe its too early to say that.

About three months too early mate.

Guest Magpiecn

About three months too early mate.

:lol:

So his agent asked around to see if anyone wanted to have him, no one did and now he would LOVE to stay. Fine by me.

Same here, not going to throw my toys out of the pram because a player coming to the end of his career wanted to have a look and see if a premiership club would be interested in giving him one last crack.

Think he will do well in the CCC.

I'd pay Lovenkrands out of my own pocket if it meant Shola being further away from the first Xl

I bet you wouldn't :D

Depends what he has in his pocket, could be a used condom, a conker and some polos. Lover lover might like that kind of an arrangement.

I'd pay Lovenkrands out of my own pocket if it meant Shola being further away from the first Xl

I bet you wouldn't :D

Depends what he has in his pocket, could be a used condom, a conker and some polos. Lover lover might like that kind of an arrangement.

I sometimes think that Ronaldo keeps his brain in his pocket

Guest Stephen927

At his age he could have a decent year (or two) in the Championship. I would give him a two year contract.

Guest wshmag

Think him and Carroll up front could be good. Get Beckford in, and Ranger/LuaLua on standby. Not too bad.

Oh and Shola...

it'll be fucking shocking, man.

Think him and Carroll up front could be good. Get Beckford in, and Ranger/LuaLua on standby. Not too bad.

Oh and Shola...

it'll be f***ing shocking, man.

f***ing shocking would be a vast improvement on the shower of s**** we have seen this year.

Oh and Shola...

Hope you're not suggesting for one second that if we got Beckford in you'd play Carroll before him

Oh and Shola...

We might need a back up to the tea-lady - she's getting on in years y'know.

Tea would be cold by the time Shola got around with it.  That's if he didn't trip over the cart or fumble the cup into the door frame on his way to the office.

Oh and Shola...

Hope you're not suggesting for one second that if we got Beckford in you'd play Carroll before him

Carroll-Loven would probably work better than Beckford-Loven

• 3 weeks later...

Lovenkrands seeks English club

Danish winger keen to seal a move to the Premier League

By Richard Torgerson  Last updated: 23rd June 2009

Peter Lovenkrands' agent has revealed that his client is keen to remain in England.

The Danish winger tasted the disappointment of relegation out of the Premier League while on a short-term deal at Newcastle last season.

That agreement expired at the end of the 2008/09 campaign and the flying winger is currently without a club.

He has not ruled out the possibility of returning to St James' Park and helping the Magpies' promotion push, but his representative admits a move to the top flight would be his preferred option.

"Yes, we are looking for a new club," Ivan Marko Benes told Onside.

"Is it out of the question that he stays at Newcastle? I don't think so. But we will find a club for him and that's what we are working on now.

"There is only speculation at the moment (about interested clubs), but I think we will find a good club for him.

"What does he wish for in his future career? He wants to stay in the UK and preferably at the highest level possible."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_5398120,00.html

Guest toonlass

Well considering that the outgoing management couldn't manage pigs shitting in a pig farm its no surprise that someone like Lovenkrands who could do a job for us in the Championship is being strung along. Sooner we are taken over the better. I would love to see him signed up for us for next year.

Lovenkrands is one of the few players I hope actually stays. I have nothing bad to say about the guy and I think he could be a decent player for us in the Championship. Realistically, we can only hope to keep him if nobody else goes after him, and considering he can come on a free, I imagine someone will sign him up.