Peter Løvenkrands

Rich

Lovenkrands set for Toon talks

Danish winger could stay at Newcastle after an apparent change of heart

Danish winger Peter Lovenkrands is set for talks about a possible stay at Newcastle.

The 29-year-old joined the Magpies on a six-month deal in the winter transfer window and was not expected to stay with the club following their relegation to the Championship.

The former Rangers star was thought to favour a move to a Premier League club but will now have talks about a possible stay at St James' Park, according to his agent Ivan Marko Benes.

Benes told Sporten.dk: "We have agreed with Newcastle that we will have a talk with them as soon as they know who will be the manager for the next season. For Peter, Newcastle has priority.

"We are waiting for Newcastle, but at the same time we know that Peter doesn't have a contract for the next season so we are looking at other options.

Not closed

"But things are still not closed with Newcastle."

Lovenkrands moved to Tyneside on a free transfer following a disappointing start to the season with German side Schalke.

He scored three goals in the Magpies' bid to avoid the drop, including in the victories over West Brom and Middlesbrough.

Lovenkrands set for Toon talks

Danish winger could stay at Newcastle after an apparent change of heart

Danish winger Peter Lovenkrands is set for talks about a possible stay at Newcastle.

The 29-year-old joined the Magpies on a six-month deal in the winter transfer window and was not expected to stay with the club following their relegation to the Championship.

The former Rangers star was thought to favour a move to a Premier League club but will now have talks about a possible stay at St James' Park, according to his agent Ivan Marko Benes.

Benes told Sporten.dk: "We have agreed with Newcastle that we will have a talk with them as soon as they know who will be the manager for the next season. For Peter, Newcastle has priority.

"We are waiting for Newcastle, but at the same time we know that Peter doesn't have a contract for the next season so we are looking at other options.

Not closed

"But things are still not closed with Newcastle."

Lovenkrands moved to Tyneside on a free transfer following a disappointing start to the season with German side Schalke.

He scored three goals in the Magpies' bid to avoid the drop, including in the victories over West Brom and Middlesbrough.

Realised no Premier league clubs want him and now wants to stay.

No thanks, he is crap anyway.

I'd like him to stay, provided his wages are as low as suggested. He will score goals in the Championship - he would have scored more goals in the Premiership played up-front instead of out wide.

Guest Wally_McFool

Decent squad player and if he stays, good.

If he goes, never mind! I wont lose any sleep over him.

I'd like him to stay, provided his wages are as low as suggested. He will score goals in the Championship - he would have scored more goals in the Premiership played up-front instead of out wide.

Spot on we must play him up top.

How much more physical is the Championship then? I mean, there must be a fair few cloggers who kick lumps out of good players, but surely the football is lower tempo and less demanding on fitness?

the tempo and fitness is very much the same as the prem, it's the technical stuff that makes the differences. if anything the fizzy pop division may be more so as i'd guess quite a few players will use the fitness angle to try and  make up for their lack of technique.

I'd rather give younger fitter players pitch time. Radical I know.

You'll win nowt with kids man.

If they're good enough they're old enough.

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Arts/Arts_/Pictures/2007/09/25/alanhansen460.jpg

We need the correct blend of youth and experience. I agree that if they're good enough, they're old enough.

Guest Heneage

Wolves are a team we should look to copy.

We need the correct blend of youth and experience. I agree that if they're good enough, they're old enough.

Peter Lovenkrands wants to stay at Newcastle but is waiting to see who will be named as manager before deciding on his future

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/football/dane-eyes-magpies-stay-908698.html

http://www.clubcall.com/newcastle-united/forward-targets-new-deal-908698.html

He is welcome to stay, However i wont shed many tears if he goes for something else either.

All in all i think i want him to stay, as he offers something in attack, and doesnt seem to whine alot:)

I feel bad that he'll get a lot of schtick now because of his idiot agent mouthing off to the press.  Lovenkrands was one of the few who looked down for the cause and I think he'll be a cracking player in the CCC.  Would love for him to stay.