Beckford From Leeds.

Crumpy Gunt

New Andy Cole.

He gets the ball and scores a goal...

Beck, ford, Jermaine Jermaine Beckford... he gets the ball and scores a goal, Jermaine, Jermaine Beckford.

Catchy.

New Andy Cole.

He gets the ball and scores a goal...

Beck, ford, Jermaine Jermaine Beckford... he gets the ball and scores a goal, Jermaine, Jermaine Beckford.

Catchy.

I bet normally Chris Waddle says Jermaine Beck...........................ford.

Guest Phil K

It may be worth looking to see what Man U Chelski and esp. Arsenal are throwing out

Remember the kind of players who were being shown the door who went on to be top-liners - Souness kicked out at Spuds, Andy Cole from Arsenal....

Granted, these are rarities, but I'd bet they'd still be FAR better than the dross Ashley/Wise/Kinnear lumbered us with

It may be worth looking to see what Man U Chelski and esp. Arsenal are throwing out

Remember the kind of players who were being shown the door who went on to be top-liners - Souness kicked out at Spuds, Andy Cole from Arsenal....

Granted, these are rarities, but I'd bet they'd still be FAR better than the dross Ashley/Wise/Kinnear lumbered us with

Aye, and loan players too, Gibson from Man U?

for the right money (2mil max) I would say definetly this one should be a goer.

Scores goals, pacey, big and stong and seems to have potential to keep progressing.

I hear all the references to Andy Cole, but my first instinct was Ian Wright.

Started non-league, progressed late in hi career all the way to the top! (plus a gobby sh*te to boot!)

I bet normally Chris Waddle says Jermaine Beck...........................ford.

and he missed a pelanty recently

Did the Peeker vase it? ;-)

:-) Sorry mate, it took some time to get that joke. Don't worry, I am Swiss... :-)

http://www.football365.co.za/story/0,22162,14287_5349665,00.html

Beckford cut for magpies move

Following news that Leeds United star striker Jermaine Beckford has been put on the transfer list, Harrogate-based bookmaker Sky Bet are offering odds on which club he will be playing for after the transfer window closes.

Sky Bet have already seen money for Newcastle (8/1 from 12/1) and Scunthorpe (25/1 from 40/1). It's 8/1 that he is recruited by a Premier League team.

Sky Bet's John Rhodes said: "With contract negotiations stalling, Backford has been placed on the transfer list, which is bound to alert numerous clubs.

"The prolific hitman could want a return to his London routes, with QPR a 10/1 shot to capture his signature.

"The jump of two leagues maybe a bit big for Beckford though and he is an 8/1 shot to be playing for any Premier League Club on 2nd September."

So does the transfer window finish on the 1st September again this year?

I think non Prem clubs have a longer loan window.

Correct. We can have short term loans if need-be. (Kazega to Donny)

http://www.football365.co.za/story/0,22162,14287_5349665,00.html

Beckford cut for magpies move

Following news that Leeds United star striker Jermaine Beckford has been put on the transfer list, Harrogate-based bookmaker Sky Bet are offering odds on which club he will be playing for after the transfer window closes.

Sky Bet have already seen money for Newcastle (8/1 from 12/1) and Scunthorpe (25/1 from 40/1). It's 8/1 that he is recruited by a Premier League team.

Sky Bet's John Rhodes said: "With contract negotiations stalling, Backford has been placed on the transfer list, which is bound to alert numerous clubs.

"The prolific hitman could want a return to his London routes, with QPR a 10/1 shot to capture his signature.

"The jump of two leagues maybe a bit big for Beckford though and he is an 8/1 shot to be playing for any Premier League Club on 2nd September."

Scunthorpe have bid for him. Absolutely no chance of him going though.

• 1 month later...

hmmmm..

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_5423045,00.html

Beckford keen on Toon move

Jermaine Beckford's agent Nick Rubery says Leeds United's transfer-listed striker could move to Newcastle.

The Magpies were linked with a move for the talented forward earlier in the summer having been impressed by his goalscoring record last term.

However, a deal is yet to materialise with the newly-relegated side still concentrating on their ongoing takeover saga.

Beckford's agent, though, has refused to rule out a summer move to St James' Park, admitting that he expects positive news on the Leeds striker's future soon.

Newcastle United FC warned over Jermaine Beckford offer

NEWCASTLE United FC have been told they will miss out on Leeds United FC Jermaine Beckford unless they can table a bid by the start of next week.

The crisis-hit Championship giants have been warned by Elland Road chiefs that they must be in a position to make a bid for the striker early next week, according to the Northern Echo.

Leeds United FC have already turned down to bids from Championship clubs - one believed to be a part exchange deal from Sheffield United FC.

The Bramall Lane side are expected to return with a straight cash offer and Leeds say they are not willing to wait around for the Toon to make their own approach.

It is believed that Alan Shearer has placed the transfer-listed 25-year-old forward at the top of the club's summer wanted list.

Coventry City FC have been closely monitoring Beckford, who scored 34 goals last season, along with Doncaster Rovers FC and Barnsley FC.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/coventry-city-fc/football-rumours-gossip/2009/07/10/newcastle-united-fc-warned-over-jermaine-beckford-offer-92746-24123996/

Not too fussed about him. At 25, he's still young, but not exactly in the early stages of development. At this point in his career he's not scored a goal at any level higher than League One. He won't be cheap either.

He won't be as expensive as he could've been though, due to only having a year of contract left.