Sol Campbell leaves Notts County

Skirge

Guest Stephen927

Sol Campbell weighing up switch to... Notts County!

Last modified  23:24 18/08/09   Exclusive by James Nursey

Sol Campbell is seriously considering an amazing switch to Notts County after being offered a player/coach role by Sven Goran Eriksson.

Former England defender Campbell, 34, had initially been cool on a move to League Two with County after having interest from Hull City and Newcastle.

But ambitious County have gone back with an improved offer - and his former England boss Eriksson is ready to give him a chance to break into coaching.

Ex-Arsenal and Tottenham defender Campbell is a free agent after snubbing a new contract at Portsmouth.

Campbell wanted to stay in the top flight to keep alive his hopes of going to next summer’s World Cup. But it is believed Hull are no longer in the running while Newcastle’s ownership is uncertain.

But Campbell now also fears that his World Cup dream be unrealistic under England boss Fabio Capello and is seriously considering County’s offer.

Ambitious County, who have got off to a flying start after Eriksson became director of football, are expecting an answer by the end of the week and are increasingly confident.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Sol-Campbell-weighing-up-switch-to-Notts-County-article121451.html

Was linked with them the other week. Apparently they were going to try and get a sponsor to pay a portion of his wage.

Flog Colo, get Sol in for 15k a week! Sounds good to me!

The way I see it, we need 3 central defenders fit for Championship football. The benefit of Coloccini being there is his robustness.

Dictionary definition of robustness: strong and healthy; hardy; vigorous: a robust young man;

No mention of being able to defend in there.

I'm sure we could get plenty of robust young men in that would be less of a liability than Coloccini.

Why do soo many people seem to think we news just 2 players for each position? :lol:

Because they've never played football themselves. These are the kind of people that see every deflected/missed shot as a sitter and honestly think that playing a sport at even League 2 level is no big strokes.

Pricks.

Two players for each position is standard for most clubs.

3 Keepers

4 fullbacks

4 centrebacks

4 wingers

4 central midfielders

4 strikers

Thats 23 players, then you have maybe a couple of youngsters on the fringes and one or two utility players.

I would thought everyone who's played football ( :mackems:) would know that.

3 Keepers

4 fullbacks

4 centrebacks

4 wingers

4 central midfielders

4 strikers

Thats 23 players, then you have maybe a couple of youngsters on the fringes and one or two utility players.

I think he's on about the fact that if Colo goes and Sol comes in we will have only 2 centrebacks, with only youth players as cover.

Unless there's two mystery centrebacks that I'm not aware of.

3 Keepers

4 fullbacks

4 centrebacks

4 wingers

4 central midfielders

4 strikers

I think he's on about the fact that if Colo goes and Sol comes in we will have only 2 centrebacks, with only youth players as cover.

kadar and Tozer

3 Keepers

4 fullbacks

4 centrebacks

4 wingers

4 central midfielders

4 strikers

kadar and Tozer

Oh you mean them two youth players? If we went out tonight with either of them in defence I'd be very worried.

3 Keepers

4 fullbacks

4 centrebacks

4 wingers

4 central midfielders

4 strikers

kadar and Tozer

Oh you mean them two youth players? If we went out tonight with either of them in defence I'd be very worried.

I wouldn't be so worried about Kadar tbh, plays for Hungary u21s,  TOzer looks  abit dodgy though.

Well it looks like he is coming. My dad has just got in from work, and his boss is selling his house, with the agent in the office to see him about it. He was on the phone to Sol Campbell sorting out a move in date.

Well it looks like he is coming. My dad has just got in from work, and his boss is selling his house, with the agent in the office to see him about it. He was on the phone to Sol Campbell sorting out a move in date.

Sol Campbell is moving to your Dad's bosses house?

Proves nothing I'm afraid. His fiance lives up here and he's been planning on buying a house near Newcastle for a while.

Proves nothing I'm afraid. His fiance lives up here and he's been planning on buying a house near Newcastle for a while.

He as one http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,62264.240.html that was my point. I was basically rubbishing the post :)

He as one http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,62264.240.html that was my point. I was basically rubbishing the post :)

I would be surprised if Sol Campbell has bought Hallington Hall. It's a hotel. Maybe its where he is having his marriage or engagement party.

I would be surprised if Sol Campbell has bought Hallington Hall. It's a hotel. Maybe its where he is having his marriage or engagement party.

Its not a hotel anymore, even their hotel website has gone.

Sol Campbell snaps up North home

Jun 7 2009 by Laura Caroe, Sunday Sun

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/news/north-east-news/2009/06/07/sol-campbell-snaps-up-north-home-79310-23808531/