Sol Campbell leaves Notts County

Skirge

He was on as much at Pompey as Owen was here, shade over £100k according to Pompey st holder I used to live with.

Yeah, Redknapp spending within his means as usual...

"wheeler dealer"

• 2 months later...

What am breaking this news?

fkn hell........... was sat infront of my brother in law, he got his autograph at HT asked him if he was signing he just winked at him.

If I was your brother I would have watched my back after that.

Guest pont-toon

Isn't his girlfriend from Newcastle?

Northumberland lass, IIRC.

Peter Barrett's daughter.

aye - she livs in Corbridge

he was out with her in Hexham last week

Campbell is in no position to demand massive wages because there isn't really a clamour of prem teams after him now is there. He's 35 years old and is in the very last stages of his career. Could definitely see him signing for a championship club on championship wages.

Maybe Taylor's replacement?

Some players will take a massive paycut to carry on their careers in the lower leagues if they love football. Perhaps Campbell would?

Was thinking this, he must know he's not world class anymore, if he still thinks he deserves Premiership wages then good luck to him, can't see him finding many clubs willing to pay that. I certainly hope we don't.

from .com

"Watching Newcastle's home victory on Saturday evening from the Milburn stand was defender Sol Campbell.

The 34 year-old free agent signed autographs for supporters and said that he was hopeful of securing a playing contract at the Magpies over the coming days."