Sol Campbell leaves Notts County

Skirge

What did Taylor do after full-time? I didn't notice owt

Stayed on the pitch, longer than normal, clapping fans and generally enjoying it.

We came up with two theories:

It was either a ALREET WERE BACK AND WERE GAANAA BOSS THIS LIKE, CHEEARZ FOR THE SUPPORT MAN

Or, Tara Liek, Thanks for the support man, I'm buggering off to Everton but I'm a GEORDIE man like yee knaa.

Campbell would be an adequate replacement for Taylor. Ironically, whilst there's more than ten years between them - they'd both bring that invaluable attribute to the team - experience.

In an ideal world i'd rather keep clear and just hang onto Taylor, but if he's available then i say go for him. A Taylor-Campbell combo would be nice just in general tbh.

Campbell would be an adequate replacement for Taylor. Ironically, whilst there's more than ten years between them - they'd both bring that invaluable attribute to the team - experience.

In an ideal world i'd rather keep clear and just hang onto Taylor, but if he's available then i say go for him. A Taylor-Campbell combo would be nice just in general tbh.

Ideally, that would be brilliant. I'm literally crossing my fingers that Taylor someone will come out and deny that theres any move to Everton.

I reckon Sol Campbell would pwn this league tbh. He was a world class defender in his day. We could do with a pacy partner though... i really don't fancy Colo as the regular centre-back for us this season, even if he was alright today.

Same here YG, look at some of the beer defenders in this league over the last few years, basically Sol campbell without ever being close to his ability. Ok he has lost a lot of that but what he has left is still a lot more than the majority of this league.

whatever pace he had is gone but he still no doubt has one of the best defensive brains around and has the defensive nous to cope without pace, plus he can teach the likes of kadar and tozer a thing or two about defending too. Lets hope its true

Simpson -- Campbell -- Taylor -- Enrique

We're laughing with that like. Doubt it'll come to fruition though. Keep Colo and pinch someone like Michael Ball on a free and i'm happy with that defensive squad for the season. There's every chance we'll extend Simpson's loan come January, if he does well.

Would be more than happy to have him on board, just having him around the club will improve our backline.

Sceptical though, would be suprised to see him dropping his wage demands, more so us paying him half of what he would want.

Add Williamson and we have a solid set of CB's. Taylor and Colo both capable of playing elsewhere if needed, or more than likely leaving!

If Campbell comes in I reckon it would be a Shearer signing, someone to bring taylor on and help him develop. Coloccini will be the one that gets the heave-ho

Was Houghton at spurs when Sol was playing for them?

I don't know why people are so worried about pace in this league. So far, the quickest players in this league have been the likes of Jonas and Enrique. Even Shola looks quick with the players he is up against. Campbell would have no problem with the pace, well maybe he would against Earnshaw, but you can get around that just for one game.

Good organisation at set pieces is what we need right now, and it is something Campbell would be perfect for.

Campbell would be a huge signing IMO, we have never had a centre half that our younger players could learn from. Taylor, presuming he stays, and him would be a great partnership in this league.

This. Wouldn't be surprised if Colo learned a few things from him either.

Sol Campbell is a clumsy old donkey. He might be able to get by in the championship... but only until we meet a team with pace up front.

Hang on to Taylor. He's quick, he's physical, he gets froward, and he plays his heart out for the shirt.

He's the kind of player we want here long term.

Sol Campbell would have been good on a free 2 or 3 years ago.

I wouldn't touch him now, not even in the championship.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Sol Campbell is a clumsy old donkey. He might be able to get by in the championship... but only until we meet a team with pace up front.

Hang on to Taylor. He's quick, he's physical, he gets froward, and he plays his heart out for the shirt.

Spot on. His wage demands would be ASTRONOMICAL as well.

Spot on. His wage demands would be ASTRONOMICAL as well.

Exactly.

There's a reason why he's still available.