Sol Campbell leaves Notts County

Skirge

Guest Stephen927

5 year deal at his age, very good going, quite rare to come across something like that, I would have tore their hands off.

Guest Stephen927

5 year deal at his age, very good going, quite rare to come across something like that, I would have tore their hands off.

Exactly why he went there instead of the prem or here.

Yep, he gets to play football at a comfortable level for him, he'll be looked upto by the rest of the lads and will probably take on a coaching role by the end of it, fantastic stuff for him.

Exactly why he went there instead of the prem or here.

Yep, he gets to play football at a comfortable level for him, he'll be looked upto by the rest of the lads and will probably take on a coaching role by the end of it, fantastic stuff for him.

Plus he is on about 60k a week.

Guest firetotheworks

Lost respect for him as a player, I Notts County FFS, what a fkn tool.

He reckons the Premier League sides offered him more money.

He also said that he wanted a challenge and wanted to be happy. Fair enough if you ask me, seems like a good challenge, and he seems the type that would rather be happy since he lost his love for the game a little while back.

Lost respect for him as a player, I Notts County FFS, what a fkn tool.

Why? Realistically he's finished as a regular for a good PL side. The best he could hope for would be back up at somewhere like W. Ham or regular stuff at Hull.

Not comparable to something like the Beckham situation where he could've played for a CL side for atleast 2 years.

• 4 weeks later...

Got to think that'll be it for him, will probably retire now. Don't think anybody can sign him until january because he's played for a club in this transfer window, similar to when Keane left Man Utd and couldn't play for Celtic for ages.

Got to think that'll be it for him, will probably retire now. Don't think anybody can sign him until january because he's played for a club in this transfer window, similar to when Keane left Man Utd and couldn't play for Celtic for ages.

if county agree then he's a free agent so can sign up for who and whenever.

Are you sure? It may have changed over the last few years but, using the Keane scenario as an example, he got released by Man Utd but because he'd played for them in that transfer window, he was ineligible to play for another club, i.e. Celtic, until January 1st.

Might just be me being thick.

Are you sure? It may have changed over the last few years but, using the Keane scenario as an example, he got released by Man Utd but because he'd played for them in that transfer window, he was ineligible to play for another club, i.e. Celtic, until January 1st.

Might just be me being thick.

not 100% sure