Chelsea win FA Cup after 2 - 1 win over Everton

Keefaz

Aye. Apparantly it is 37.5 degrees on the pitch but come on, its the cup final.

40 according to the thermometer sitting directly in the sun, the commentators apparently unaware of the conventions of temperature reading.

I hate the fact some moron people post result like this on the title. Some of us wants to see the game later on. SO PLEASE DON'T POST RESULTS AS A TITLE FROM NOW ON.

Are you going to cry at skysports.com as well?

I have turned into a right sick and bitter bastard these past few months.  I was filled with rage watching the scenes as Chelsea players and fans celebrated their cup triumph.  

The fact that the commentator kept going on about the '2 year wait for silverware' nearly tipped me over the edge tbh.

Cunts.

The fact that the commentator kept going on about the '2 year wait for silverware' nearly tipped me over the edge tbh.

Cunts.

Yep, but no club outside of the top 4 ever deserves to win anything u know.

Another suggestion as to why clubs just make up the numbers

I hate the fact some moron people post result like this on the title. Some of us wants to see the game later on. SO PLEASE DON'T POST RESULTS AS A TITLE FROM NOW ON.

I don't remember the Likely Lads browsing football forums in that episode. There's a tip in there somewhere.

:lol: Great episode.

Everton taking the lead then Chelsea winning 2-1 through Drogba and Lampard..

About the most predictable FA Cup Final you will ever see.

Barcelona thrash Bilbao in 2009 Spanish cup final

VALENCIA - Barcelona came from behind to thrash hapless Athletic Bilbao 4-1 in the final of the Spanish King’s Cup Wednesday, thus winning their first trophy since 2006.

Gaizka Toquero gave outsiders Bilbao a shock early lead, but Barca then took control and won with handsome goals from Yaya Toure, Lionel Messi, Bojan Krkic and Xavi.

Barca captain Carles Puyol said that ‘we have been strong all season … now we have to continue and try to achieve more things.’

Fellow defender Gerard Pique expressed the hope that ‘this will be the start of important things for us’.

Toquero, for his part, admitted that Barcelona had been ’superior to us’, and expressed his thanks ‘to all our wonderful fans who have made the trip’.

The impressive win keeps Barca on course for an unprecedented ‘treble’ of cup, league and Champions League.

They need just one point from their last three games to clinch the league, then face Manchester United in the Champions final May 27.

Barca now have 25 cups to their name, two more than Bilbao, who have not won the trophy since 1984.

Around 25,000 Bilbao fans made the trip to Valencia, outnumbering the Barca supporters by almost two to one. Their moment of glory came after just nine minutes, when Toquero got in front of Xavi and Dani Alves and made it 1-0 by heading in a Fran Yeste corner.

Barca seemed surprised by Bilbao’s intensity and aggression. They looked uncomfortable until the 30th minute, when Toure equalised against the run of play. The powerful African - again playing centre-half in the absence of Rafa Marquez and Eric Abidal - beat three opponents and scored with a surprising near-post drive.

From then on Barca were firmly in the driving seat, with Bilbao pushed back well into their own half. Three goals in an electric nine-minute spell finished off the gallant Basques.

In the 54th minute Messi made it 2-1 with a left-foot drive, after Bilbao keeper Gorka Iraizoz had parried a shot from Eto’o.

Three minutes later teenager Bojan made it 3-1 with a calm side-footed shot that went in off the far post. Then Xavi completed the rout with one of his trademark classy free-kicks.

Josep Guardiola’s side continued to dominate at the end, and Eto’o twice came close to adding a fifth goal.

http://blog.taragana.com/n/barcelona-thrash-bilbao-in-spanish-cup-final-62525/

No gripes with the result. Chelsea are just simply a better side than us, although I did wonder if it was just a case of it being our year against the odds when Saha scored.

We did well to get this far especially with the injuries etc so I was pleased that most of our fans stayed for a good while applauding the players for their efforts. I'm sure there would have been a mass exodus by the Chelsea fans if the shoe was on the other foot.

At least it might have highlighted how much Hibbert needs replacing. Malouda destroyed him. Osman has had a poor season as well, our right side was a weak link that they targeted all day.

No gripes with the result. Chelsea are just simply a better side than us, although I did wonder if it was just a case of it being our year against the odds when Saha scored.

We did well to get this far especially with the injuries etc so I was pleased that most of our fans stayed for a good while applauding the players for their efforts. I'm sure there would have been a mass exodus by the Chelsea fans if the shoe was on the other foot.

At least it might have highlighted how much Hibbert needs replacing. Malouda destroyed him. Osman has had a poor season as well, our right side was a weak link that they targeted all day.

How was the atmosphere generally? Hard to accurately tell from TV.

Agree though. Our right side is our main weak spot.

How was the atmosphere generally? Hard to accurately tell from TV.

Agree though. Our right side is our main weak spot.

Atmosphere was decent from us in the first half, when Chelsea scored the 2nd we died off a bit and they suddenly piped up. Then towards the end and after the final whistle the singing got going again as a sort of 'thank you' to the players. They all came over at the end plus Moyes, Jags, Arteta etc

It was generally louder against United in the Semi though, I think it was always going to be a struggle to match that again in a massive bowl-type ground like Wembley with a reduced allocation.

Everton look like they've got the makings of a really good team. If I were them I'd probably be looking for a right back, a holding midfielder (surely they can't persist with the uglier Neville brother) and maybe an absolute gas merchant to play out wide / up top to help relieve pressure.

Randomly, I think they should stop playing the semis at Wembley. Fucking stupid idea.

This. Takes the charm away.

(although I can see the argument for having them there, makes it easier for smaller clubs like Barnsley and Cardiff last season, to have a day out at Wembley).

Randomly, I think they should stop playing the semis at Wembley. Fucking stupid idea.

(although I can see the argument for having them there, makes it easier for smaller clubs like Barnsley and Cardiff last season, to have a day out at Wembley).

I think the main argument for having them there is that Wembley cost a gazillion pounds to build and they need to recoop as much of it as possible.

I think the main argument for having them there is that Wembley cost a gazillion pounds to build and they need to recoop as much of it as possible.

And that too. It also explains why they don't let you in with even bottles of water and the same bottle that costs you 80p in a newsagent is about £1.99 inside. £4.50 a pint was fucking ridiculous as well.

Still, the weather was so hot there, I didn't mind paying for it.

christ, that's how you do business

Less than 48 hours after their final game of the season is played they appoint their new manager. Wonder how long it would take us, 3 months perhaps?

£4.50 for a pint or £1.99 for a bottle of water. I don't know which is more ridiculous.

It's absolutely wild. I can't believe they won't let you take a bottle of water in. Been twice now but haven't bought anything inside. It's a fantastic arena but it doesn't feel like it has any character at all, similar to the Emirates imo. Both look excellent, but they're just sat on a huge expanse of concrete and are entities unto themselves.

£4.50 for a pint or £1.99 for a bottle of water. I don't know which is more ridiculous.

Both are like 2 and a half times what you'd pay anywhere else.

For me, the worst one there (in terms of ripoff) is the water, although like I said, it was too nice a day for that. Was drinking beer.

It's absolutely wild. I can't believe they won't let you take a bottle of water in. Been twice now but haven't bought anything inside. It's a fantastic arena but it doesn't feel like it has any character at all, similar to the Emirates imo. Both look excellent, but they're just sat on a huge expanse of concrete and are entities unto themselves.

And I agree with that but only to an extent - being in the Whitley bay end was similar to Newcastle away ends, minus the pissheads and maybe tone things down 10%. just totally bouncing the whole game long

Atmosphere was good (better than the fucking Emirates :lol:) but you're right, it had no character or 'soul' as it is.