RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I was talking to someone who plays golf with a member of the ground staff at Benton, ok - I know it is like my mates mate knows the sister of..........  blah!!

However, the story I heard was that absolutely no-one knows what is going on as far as the club staff are concerned, they haven't been briefed, spoken to, consulted or anything.  I was told that no-one will even sign off a purchase order for a packet of grass seed at the moment, they aren't allowed to spend a bean, they are short on essential stuff at the training ground.

The word within the club is utter shambles!

Compare that to what the previous poster has written with all that optimism and somewhere between the two is probably what is actually happening.

Depends on what the context was. He could have been asked something like, "Is it true that there's been two bids made for the club under the asking price?" (Malaysians & Shepherd as they've been reporting lately), and he's replied with that.

Personally think it's bollocks though.

Why say 'more than two' btw? How many, three? Eighteen? :lol:

And why is it still in the hands of lawyers? If the asking price has been met then surely all that remains is for one of them to be chosen. ???

Says:

'More than two bids at £100m'

Means:

'We're f***ing desperate. Can someone else bid more than £80m, PLEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSSE'

What the fuck is "more than two" bids? Three? Four? Sixty two? What a strange thing to say, even for him.

Why say 'more than two' btw? How many, three? Eighteen? :lol:

And why is it still in the hands of lawyers? If the asking price has been met then surely all that remains is for one of them to be chosen. ???

Could be that the lawyers are drawing up the neccesary paperwork for the deal to go through, I'd be fairly optimistic that there will be some news later in the week on the back of this

More then two?  How very vague.  Well if bids of 100m pounds have been made then what now?  Considering Seymour Pierce are in charge of the sale and the price Ashley asked for has been met would that now mean they would choose which one to accept?  I doubt Ashley can/would turn around to Seymour Pierce and say "Ask for more money" now that the price he sent them out to get has been offered.

Says:

'More than two bids at £100m'

Means:

'We're f***ing desperate. Can someone else bid more than £80m, PLEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSSE'

What the fuck is "more than two" bids? Three? Four? Sixty two? What a strange thing to say, even for him.

More than two bids would suggest to me that we've had multiple bids from two bidders.

One group may have bid £85m and the other has bid the full £100m, the first group has then raised their bid to match.

Or it could just be that he's talking crap.

More then two?  How very vague..  Well if bids of 100m pounds have been made then what are we waiting for?  With the price being met would that now mean Keith Harris would choose which one gets it??

Caulkin the other day reckoned Harris would just make a recommendation then Ashley would choose. If the asking price has been met then what's the fucking hold-up? Unless Ashley is hoping for an auction...

Alternatively perhaps this has only come out to counter the 'four more weeks' stories...[/conspiracy]

:razz:

The day our club finds a positive direction to head towards, I will be a very happy man. To be honest, just seeing a successful purchase of NUFC will be a great day for me. Sure, the sale just scrapes the surface of our problems but its progress. I love this club.

Who's got the Skirge guarding job today? Has anybody checked his pulse?

:lol:

It's a damning indictment on these clowns that what should be good news is treated with such cynicism. I'm not sure I'll believe we've been taken over until there's video of the new guy shaking hands with Shearer or something.

Guest toonlass

It would be ok if Llambias would just make a clear statement. Instead he talks cryptically and wonders why the fans are so damn frustrated. Just tell us what is happening you stupid man.

Guest Brazilianbob

In an ideal world Ashley suggests the two 100m bidders each buy 50% of the club we then have £100m to spend on players.  Sorted!