RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ITS OVER!! Club taken off the market, sold 49% ftor £45mill to FS,FF,SJH, Shearer +1 more unnamed party. Al to be given managers job, £15mill of the 45 goes back for transfers matched by FS & Co.

TXT I just had :lol: oh the shame of it

ITS OVER!! Club taken off the market, sold 49% ftor £45mill to FS,FF,SJH, Shearer +1 more unnamed party. Al to be given managers job, £15mill of the 45 goes back for transfers matched by FS & Co.

:lol:

So who owns the other 51%.... Ashley?

Seems every daft c*** with an imagination wants to make it into the papers. Have to say though, if your gonna make s*** up may aswell go all the way.

Now lets get this right ,was this a toon fan on skunkers who created this Hong Kong hoax and if it was he should know better and not sink to that level to trick fellow supporters shirley.

It was never really intended to leave the board. It was just a daft rumour someone posted to take the piss out of a few other posters who were claiming to be ITK. Obviously some people who read Skunkers have picked up on it (completely missing the white text at the bottom saying it was a piss take) and started e-mailing it around.

It's not really the fault of the poster that it's got to the point where national newspapers are running with it :lol:

I get it now  :iamatwat:

So who owns the other 51%.... Ashley?

I think thats the idea yes..

Seriously though, someone running that shit in a national newspaper (Alan Nixon) should be fucking sacked. It's a disgrace that some people are well paid for reproducing such nonsense. I'd prefer it if he made something up himself.

Seriously though, someone running that shit in a national newspaper (Alan Nixon) should be fucking sacked. It's a disgrace that some people are well paid for reproducing such nonsense. I'd prefer it if he made something up himself.

I'd expect no less from that utter cretin. I'm still disappointed the huff he went in when I called him on his bullshit wasn't permanent. Fucking arsehole.

you see, a week or so a go, i'd have yeah yeah whatever'd it on here but newsnow'd and google news'd it for a bit....just in case like.

now i just can't be arsed.

We will now get so many of these, most will come from the unwashed, anything they can do to twist the knife. I just do not see an end to it, now this so called new interest from BWIN, how can they? I thought heset a date for interested parties to make an offer. All this will do is create an even longer delay.

SHEARER ON THE ROCKS

Alan Shearer’s future as manager of Newcastle was thought to be in doubt again last night as the Malaysian consortium bidding to buy out the club moved a step nearer to securing a £100million deal.

There have been fresh rumours that Shearer could be denied the opportunity of becoming full-time boss if the Far East speculators are successful with their bid.

Chris Hughton is overseeing pre-season training, but Shearer could be passed over if the Malaysians secure a foothold at St James’ Park.

They are one of two interested parties seeking to rescue Newcastle, who were relegated to the Championship in what has been perceived as a disaster for the club. But relegation has not, it appears, put off the Malaysians.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/112952/Shearer-on-the-rocks-

Profitable Group makes Newcastle bid

Singapore-based Profitable Group has confirmed its bid to buy over English Championship side Newcastle United.

The investment company told The Straits Times that an official bid was launched last week.

The commerical director of the group, Steve McMahon, said the company will be getting a reply from Newcastle by this weekend.

"We've had a bid, it's under serious consideration," McMahon said.

"It's a strategic move and it'll be great for the group and for Newcastle."

Newcastle have so far neither confirmed nor denied receiving a bid from the group. Toon owner Mike Ashley has slapped a £100 million price tag on the club and so far two groups have reportedly matched the valuation.

"The value (of buying the club) is awareness. We can turn what is a disaster at the moment into a sucess," McMahon added. "By the end of the week, we'll know of we're successful or not."

It is understood that a party of businessmen from Malaysia, who were shown around St James' Park and the club's Darsley Park training headquarters during a visit to Tyneside last Thursday, have also tabled an offer. Their bid, which was below valuation, seems to have spurred on the official bid from Profitable Group.

Before that, Profitable Group had been in touch with Seymour Pierce chairman Keith Harris, although it is one of several parties to have done so with others at more advanced stages in their prospective bids.

One of the "three or four" groups acknowledged by managing director Llambias to be in the race earlier, is thought to be South African-based, while another originates from Oman. In addition, former chairman Freddy Shepherd has been linked with another consortium.

However, potential buyers with a genuine interest will have to sign non-disclosure agreements and prove they can come up with the money both to meet Ashley's £100million asking price and service the club's remaining debt before substantive talks can begin.

It now seems that Profitable Group is in the driving seat to acquire the club ahead of its rivals.

http://www.espnstar.com/football/other-football/news/detail/item291682/Profitable-Group-makes-Newcastle-bid/

Guest sicko2ndbest

The bit that says they will know whether they have been successful, by the weekend makes me all warm inside

Profitable Group makes Newcastle bid

Singapore-based Profitable Group has confirmed its bid to buy over English Championship side Newcastle United.

The investment company told The Straits Times that an official bid was launched last week.

The commerical director of the group, Steve McMahon, said the company will be getting a reply from Newcastle by this weekend.

"We've had a bid, it's under serious consideration," McMahon said.

"It's a strategic move and it'll be great for the group and for Newcastle."

Newcastle have so far neither confirmed nor denied receiving a bid from the group. Toon owner Mike Ashley has slapped a £100 million price tag on the club and so far two groups have reportedly matched the valuation.

"The value (of buying the club) is awareness. We can turn what is a disaster at the moment into a sucess," McMahon added. "By the end of the week, we'll know of we're successful or not."

It is understood that a party of businessmen from Malaysia, who were shown around St James' Park and the club's Darsley Park training headquarters during a visit to Tyneside last Thursday, have also tabled an offer. Their bid, which was below valuation, seems to have spurred on the official bid from Profitable Group.

Before that, Profitable Group had been in touch with Seymour Pierce chairman Keith Harris, although it is one of several parties to have done so with others at more advanced stages in their prospective bids.

One of the "three or four" groups acknowledged by managing director Llambias to be in the race earlier, is thought to be South African-based, while another originates from Oman. In addition, former chairman Freddy Shepherd has been linked with another consortium.

However, potential buyers with a genuine interest will have to sign non-disclosure agreements and prove they can come up with the money both to meet Ashley's £100million asking price and service the club's remaining debt before substantive talks can begin.

It now seems that Profitable Group is in the driving seat to acquire the club ahead of its rivals.

http://www.espnstar.com/football/other-football/news/detail/item291682/Profitable-Group-makes-Newcastle-bid/

Wrong fucking McMahon

Sounds like more rubbish from the Profitable Group. If they were serious bidders, they'd keep quiet because there's nothing to be gained by going public at this stage.

I know it gets said that these organisations get free publicity from this sort of thing, but surely exposing yourselves as wallies isn't the sort of publicity you need.