RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Did anyone else here that rumour that Ashley is staying and said he made a mistake putting the club up for sale as he became disillusioned but now has decided he wants to stay?

I think that was in January

Did anyone else here that rumour that Ashley is staying and said he made a mistake putting the club up for sale as he became disillusioned but now has decided he wants to stay?

I think that was in January

I heard it today.  I'm giving up listening to people getting sick of this shit.

He has revealed to the Chronicle that they have been preparing their bid in London throughout the week' date=' but due to legal reasons it is unclear whether they have met the asking price.[/quote']Is the asking price no longer £100m or is Harris just being a prick to them :lol:.

He has revealed to the Chronicle that they have been preparing their bid in London throughout the week' date=' but due to legal reasons it is unclear whether they have met the asking price.[/quote']Is the asking price no longer £100m or is Harris just being a prick to them :lol:.

The askimg price is £100mill the actual cost to any buyer is cloder to about £200mill

Guest Roger Kint

I like the way the poll looks like someone giving the middle finger, Ashley must have been tampering with it.

You must have strange hands then :kasper: ;D

Guest sicko2ndbest

Peoples apathy is plain to see. Only a month ago, a press release like the profitables would have drained 5 or 6 pages by now.

I remember last week something being released about the end of the week and i thought it as last week, could quite easily have been this week ( i hope you understand that sentence, a lot of 'weeks' :)). I see developments happening over the weekend and us seeing something concrete early next week

TOON TAKEOVER DRAGS ON

Mike Ashley's wait to sell Newcastle is set to extend into another week at least.

Despite optimism at sustained interest from a series of potential purchasers, a breakthrough is far from imminent and the wait goes on for one of the consortia which have expressed an interest to hand over £100million and sign on the dotted line.

The men handling the sale for Ashley, whose Sports Direct company this week reported a 91% drop in profits, have been hopeful at various points over the last month or so of decisive progress.

However, that has simply not happened and that is a cause of intense frustration for all involved, not least manager-in-waiting Alan Shearer.

Representatives of a Malaysian consortium have twice visited the club, and it is understood an American group has also been on Tyneside.

But by far the most vociferous of the interested parties, who have all had to sign non-disclosure agreements, has been the Singapore-based Profitable Group.

On Friday they claimed they have made a formal offer and are awaiting a response from Newcastle.

Commercial director Steve McMahon, the former England midfielder, told the Evening Chronicle: "Our people have been in London all week working with lawyers and attorneys and we have made them a realistic offer.

"We have been pushing ahead and, make no doubt about it, the money is in place - we are for real.

"We initially made a tentative bid to begin with, and discussions then took place. We were told to come back, and that's what we have done.

"There has been a formal offer and we want to get things done and dusted as quickly as possible."

The use of the term "realistic" suggests the Profitable Group is not one of the consortia to have met Ashley's asking price.

Indeed, sources close to the deal have insisted from the moment they declared their interest publicly that they are not among the front-runners.

But McMahon was insistent, adding: "We have done all we can do and we have gone through the process we were asked to go through.

"We are just waiting to hear - and we hope to hear something today.

"If we can give Newcastle the kiss of life then we would love to do it.

"We feel we have been very realistic with our offer and we certainly have the funds to go through with it."

Until a deal is struck, no manager can be appointed and no transfer dealing in or out can begin with prospective new owners adamant they want to make those decisions.

But the current crop of players will continue their preparations for the new Coca-Cola Championship season at Darlington tomorrow with midfielder Damien Duff full of praise for caretaker boss Chris Hughton and coach Colin Calderwood.

Duff said: "Chris and Colin have been thrown in at the deep end but they are totally focused on the job.

"They are two great guys and all of the lads respect them. They have put on a tough pre-season, but it's been good and I'm sure we will reap the rewards of that.

"They are difficult circumstances, but they are both very professional and the players respect them for that.

"Of course we would like to see the situation sorted, but for the time being, we all have to be professional and get on with the job of preparing for the new season."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/nationwide1/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/09/07/17/SOCCER_Newcastle_Nightlead.html&TEAMHD=nationwide1

Didn't I read almost the exact same article last week some time?

Anyway, just in case people missed it:

TOON TAKEOVER DRAGS ON

Blah, blah, blah...

But by far the most vociferous of the interested parties, who have all had to sign non-disclosure agreements, has been the Singapore-based Profitable Group.

On Friday they claimed they have made a formal offer and are awaiting a response from Newcastle.

Commercial director Steve McMahon, the former England midfielder, told the Evening Chronicle: "Here's a load of details about our supposed bid, which I'm going to disclose to you in breach of the agreement we would have had to sign if we really had made a bid."

Source on them having to sign non-disclosure agreements?

That article, on the line before they had McMahon disclosing a whole load of stuff.

Both things can't be true.

That article, on the line before they had McMahon disclosing a whole load of stuff.

Aye, the article is nonsensical. I misunderstood your post.

There's no set none disclosure agreement though, so we don't know the terms of the agreement they've signed.  Only the things listed in the agreement cannot be talked about after all.

There's no set none disclosure agreement though, so we don't know the terms of the agreement they've signed.  Only the things listed in the agreement cannot be talked about after all.

Well as I implied before, there's nothing to say there's even a non-disclosure agreement in place at all. It's just speculation like everything else, and tbh it's very convenient for the media to claim it to explain why they don't know what's going on. Profitable may be genuine and the only interested party for all we know.

Aye, the article is nonsensical. I misunderstood your post.

No worries man.

There's a whole lot of bollocks being spouted by the media because they know no-one who's actively involved can come out and refute it and there'll be no comeback when this is all over because everyone will only be interested in the future then. I wish there was somewhere that the media could be held to account for the whopping lies that they publish dressed up as facts, but not half as much as I wish that people wouldn't believe them in the first place. Judging by the huge number of contradicting stories that have been published the most likely situation is that none of them know anything about what's actually going on. Even if one of them does actually have the inside story on what's happening there's no way for us to tell which one, so we may as well sit back and wait for whatever's going to happen to happen, there's no point getting all het up about stuff which may or may not be true. It's much better to believe nothing than believe everything in a situation like this, unfortunately that's not what people do.

Well as I implied before, there's nothing to say there's even a non-disclosure agreement in place at all. It's just speculation like everything else, and tbh it's very convenient for the media to claim it to explain why they don't know what's going on. Profitable may be genuine and the only interested party for all we know.

Judging by their previous record I doubt that, but you never know.

I'd have thought that discussing the details of the bid would have been covered under any non-disclosure agreement covering this particular situation. I mean, there's not a lot else that someone could disclose about it, is there?

Guest rosstoon

I was speaking to me dad about this as he used to work for a company who dealt with a lot of buying/selling of companies. He said that when a deal is going hrough everything becomes a lot quieter as A, the non disclosure rubbish and B that the deal is being dealt with by the lawyers of the 2 companies so no one actually knows whayt is going on. The feeling I have is that the offer is there now, the negotiations have been talked about and Mike Ashley will decide over thenext 48 hours whether or not he will accept their offer. I thik by Monday we will know if he has