RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The wages will be paid from the overdraft, but that's nothing new or worrying.  That's what its their for, to pay club running costs until revenue comes in to pay them, just the same as last season.

Not if transfer revenue is not released by SJH.

It could be he is holding on till he gets all the revenue possible in and then letting go to the new owners who's welcome will be a nasty letter from Barclays.

It's the only thing that makes sense to me. Why hang on if he has to keep finding from HIS OWN FUNDS the player wages??

He doesn't have to keep finding player wages from his own funds, like I said its paid for by an overdraft which is then paid off as revenue comes in (or in the case of last season by Ashley when there was no club money left to pay it).  What I'm saying is that its a standard practice for a Football club due the the different way outgoings and incomings are paid/recieved.  So its not going to be any suprise for any new owner.

Also transfer revenue doesn't go to Ashley, its paid to the Football club and 99.9% of the time is paid over several years, so I don't see any way he could get his hands on that.

I don't know why he's waiting, I'd guess because he's not happy with the money people are currently offering.

Just a general observation here but it is the fans of football clubs who are the lively hood and it wasnt for us imho clubs would go to the wall if we stopped going so i cannot believe the contempt that we are treated  ,and another thing why can someone from seymour pearce not keep us up to date with the current situation and is that too much to ask unless they dont give a shit about us either or there is a problem with the take over i.e no bidders ,the debt,asking price etc FFS LET US KNOW SOMETHING  :rant:

They're not going to tell us if there's a problem, it wouldn't be in their interests.

It could be argued they gave us an update within the Kinnear statement anyway.

I suppose the only positive with very few updates is that when a deal is agreed, it is likely to be completed on the quiet and will go through only a few days after we hear about it.

I'm not an ITK nor a WUM but a tiny snippet seems to have passed everyone by.  I have every expectation that it's complete bollox but on Sporting Life this is reported.

"Paul Marflitt is eyeing an end to Newcastle's troubles. The 'former Newcastle lad born and bred, now leaving in the sun in New Zealand' writes: "Alan 'The Man' Shearer to sign as Newcastle coach on a four-year deal by Saturday morning. The deal is done. The Toon sold for £110m + 40m overdraft."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/transfer_centre/index_wk.html  Scroll down to 0735

:lol:

Kitman's in NZ is he not? :shifty:

I'm not an ITK nor a WUM but a tiny snippet seems to have passed everyone by.  I have every expectation that it's complete bollox but on Sporting Life this is reported.

"Paul Marflitt is eyeing an end to Newcastle's troubles. The 'former Newcastle lad born and bred, now leaving in the sun in New Zealand' writes: "Alan 'The Man' Shearer to sign as Newcastle coach on a four-year deal by Saturday morning. The deal is done. The Toon sold for £110m + 40m overdraft."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/transfer_centre/index_wk.html  Scroll down to 0735

more n likely to b more crap.

Guest icemanblue

U rkn lk?

U rkn lk?

e duz lk

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Is it true Paul Marflitt is taking over?

Apparently its nearly sorted and the Shearer contract is done.

Don't want to get my hopes up but would be great if true.

Who? ???

Source?

Marflitt rumour has the hallmarks of a wind up.

If the guy is wealthy enough to buy the club there would be some knowledge of him available - anyone got anything at all?

Edit: I just re-read the piece in Sporting Life and it seems like Marflitt is just a Toon fan in NZ on a messageboard who posted in that he thought it would be sorted soon  :lol:

I had a feeling today would be the day we heard the first of a resolution to the ownership issue with confirmation that the conclusion of the sale had started, arriving tomorrow.  There is still time I guess, but looks like my esp is a little off.

23 days until the new season begins

fuck me, we're gonna struggle so much this season

Its already too late to think about getting a load of players in now and too late to effectively put together a solid, reliable team

I give up

The best we can hope for now is Ashley to commit himself to the new season and hire a new manager. This takeover is not happening and if there's no change to the squad we're going to end up with a wage bill that dwarfs our revenue, then we will show everyone what "doing a Leeds" really is.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/07/16/blackburn-rovers-ready-to-move-for-alan-smith-72703-24168082/

Fears that Newcastle will not be sold in time for the start of the Championship season were intensifying today as the takeover saga continued at a lethargic pace.

Mike Ashley’s PR man, Jonathon Brill, claimed the sale was a work in progress.

He said: “There are a number of interested parties and there are no deadlines imposed by anybody.”

However, while fans wait anxiously to see if under-pressure Keith Harris and his team at Seymour Pierce can find a buyer before the season begins, there was no positive update from United today.

A United spokesman said: “I’m afraid there is no further news regarding the sale of the club.”

In case people haven't seen it.

Guest Brazilianbob

23 days until the new season begins

f*** me, we're gonna struggle so much this season

Its already too late to think about getting a load of players in now and too late to effectively put together a solid, reliable team

I give up

Lets not forget that we have until 1st Sept to bring in new players so 23 days isn't strictly true.  We will have at least three weeks after the season starts to bring in new faces so lets not all start slitting our wrists eh!