RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I still think the interested parties must be negotiating and be still interested. I'm pretty sure if their enthusiasm had waned at all, at least one would have blabbed to the press as to why they were no longer interested

TPG have been shouting about their bid nonstop. Weird as I don't imagine they have the finance to take us forward. It will be FS and it will be one minute to doomsday.

The club must be a hard sell.

Recently relegated from the Premier League 'sleeping giant' football club. Fans in despair, boycotting club merchandise and season tickets. Players on Premier League wages, good players wanting to leave and bad players wanting to sit on contracts. Thin squad, no manager and no plan. All for only £100m (with possibly a £100m loan to pay off and a £40m overdraft).

I heard someone on the radio this morning saying Ashley should sell the club for nothing as its the only way the club will be able to survive financially.

This is why a lot of people are staggered by the asking price.

The club must be a hard sell.

Recently relegated from the Premier League 'sleeping giant' football club. Fans in despair, boycotting club merchandise and season tickets. Players on Premier League wages, good players wanting to leave and bad players wanting to sit on contracts. Thin squad, no manager and no plan. All your for only £100m.

If he can't get rid of it on his terms he must realise that by now.

To be fair despite the number owner being sorted and the cash being there the new owner of Portsmouth still hasn't taken over. Just cause we were sold quickly last time doesn't mean that's common I guess.

The Pompey scenario is complex as the owner lives in Russia and the financial structures are offshore.

To be fair despite the number owner being sorted and the cash being there the new owner of Portsmouth still hasn't taken over. Just cause we were sold quickly last time doesn't mean that's common I guess.

Yep, lets not forget that the new owner has to be verified by the FA in their two-week fit and proper persons test, and Ashley probably won't even do anything until thats cleared.

Knowing this club whoever agrees the bid will fail the fit and proper person test, so Ashley takes the FA to court and we go a whole year without a manager, Ashley wins the court case, but the new owner is no longer interested and tries to pull out so Ashley takes him to court, loses, and we are a gazillion pounds in debt, in League 2, and with all our remaining contracted players such as Coloccini whom Ashley refused to discuss transfers with until the club gets sold are on strike but still getting paid.

Guest Reservoir Mags

I'm not an ITK nor a WUM but a tiny snippet seems to have passed everyone by.  I have every expectation that it's complete bollox but on Sporting Life this is reported.

"Paul Marflitt is eyeing an end to Newcastle's troubles. The 'former Newcastle lad born and bred, now leaving in the sun in New Zealand' writes: "Alan 'The Man' Shearer to sign as Newcastle coach on a four-year deal by Saturday morning. The deal is done. The Toon sold for £110m + 40m overdraft."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/transfer_centre/index_wk.html  Scroll down to 0735

I'm not an ITK nor a WUM but a tiny snippet seems to have passed everyone by.  I have every expectation that it's complete bollox but on Sporting Life this is reported.

"Paul Marflitt is eyeing an end to Newcastle's troubles. The 'former Newcastle lad born and bred, now leaving in the sun in New Zealand' writes: "Alan 'The Man' Shearer to sign as Newcastle coach on a four-year deal by Saturday morning. The deal is done. The Toon sold for £110m + 40m overdraft."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/transfer_centre/index_wk.html  Scroll down to 0735

What I would give if that were true.

fingers crossed.

can't find it on that link mind and searches for paul marflitt don't turn up much.

Yep, lets not forget that the new owner has to be verified by the FA in their two-week fit and proper persons test, and Ashley probably won't even do anything until thats cleared.

Knowing this club whoever agrees the bid will fail the fit and proper person test, so Ashley takes the FA to court and we go a whole year without a manager, Ashley wins the court case, but the new owner is no longer interested and tries to pull out so Ashley takes him to court, loses, and we are a gazillion pounds in debt, in League 2, and with all our remaining contracted players such as Coloccini whom Ashley refused to discuss transfers with until the club gets sold are on strike but still getting paid.

Mechazilla appears at the last moment and eats SJP.

Was expecting a Rick Roll then. Hope it's true.

:facepalm:

This guy is just some fan living in NZ who has emailed the website with a load of bull.

If Ashley isn't happy with the offers (assuming there are any) what does he think is going to happen after starting the season with Kinnear or someone in charge and no investment in the team?  That a better offer might come along later?  He's made the msiake of holding out before when he wouldn't sell and the club's plummetted in value, surely he can't make the same mistake again?

If Ashley isn't happy with the offers (assuming there are any) what does he think is going to happen after starting the season with Kinnear or someone in charge and no investment in the team?  That a better offer might come along later?  He's made the msiake of holding out before when he wouldn't sell and the club's plummetted in value, surely he can't make the same mistake again?

I look everyday for some guidance to this mystery.

To think he turned down 200m last summer from the Man C owners!!! Sheeshh....

Maybe he saw the 3 nil win against Shamrock and thought, well, this team of kids will walk out of the championship with ease.  Only problem is it'll be the wrong way.

Maybe he saw the 3 nil win against Shamrock and thought, well, this team of kids will walk out of the championship with ease.  Only problem is it'll be the wrong way.

Probably not far from the truth.

I actually think they would have a good shot at it. More hunger than half the shit we have. When the rumours about the JFK return started I was worried because if he did come back hardly any of the kids would get a go and we'd be stuck with whatever shit he bought.

I actually think they would have a good shot at it. More hunger than half the s*** we have. When the rumours about the JFK return started I was worried because if he did come back hardly any of the kids would get a go and we'd be stuck with whatever s*** he bought.

I doubt it. For most of the match we were bloody terrible. We would have got ripped apart against the likes of Reading, Cardiff etc.