RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest The Libertine

"The consortium of North East businessmen are trying to stump up the £100 million asking price by looking for 20 clients willing to put up £5m each."

fucks sake.

I dont know about anyone else but over the last 2 months I have learnt that we just have to be patient and just accept that we will find out when something happens.

What ever else we think about Mike Ashley, I think he is very very good at keeping his dealings secret

As mentioned earlier in this thread, I think the media are just writing anything out of the sheer frustration of not knowing a single piece of concrete news and are hoping to eek out some kind of reaction from the club.

Guest Thomo

Here is an example of what papers write rubbish:-

Dail Mail has quotes from Shearer saying that he will be talking about the WBA game on BBC 1(MOTD) instead of being in the dugout

Sunday Sun says Shearer has gone on holiday yesterday and wont return until after next weekend, he wont be working for the WBA.

Alan Oliver talks absolute bollocks, The Times is the only paper close to the truth today (that is because George Caulkin has good contacts at NUFC and is a respected journalist) all the rest NOTW, Mirror, People, Express dont have a clue what is going on.

As I said yesterday, they write rubbish to try and dig out exactly wht is happening.

MA and DL probably have a great time looking at the papers, and piss themelves laughing at the dross that is written.

Here is an example of what papers write rubbish:-

Dail Mail has quotes from Shearer saying that he will be talking about the WBA game on BBC 1(MOTD) instead of being in the dugout

Sunday Sun says Shearer has gone on holiday yesterday and wont return until after next weekend, he wont be working for the WBA.

Alan Oliver talks absolute bollocks, The Times is the only paper close to the truth today (that is because George Caulkin has good contacts at NUFC and is a respected journalist) all the rest NOTW, Mirror, People, Express dont have a clue what is going on.

As I said yesterday, they write rubbish to try and dig out exactly wht is happening.

MA and DL probably have a great time looking at the papers, and piss themelves laughing at the dross that is written.

Your source still saying a deal will happen? Keep expecting you to have changed your mind every time i log on.

Guest Thomo

Why would I change my mind, not only me has told you this story, Obi has and from what I read his source is as reliable as mine. If sources are told at NUFC that a Dubai consortium is on the verge of taking over at Newcastle then of course you have to believe it, the only way this wont happen is if the CEO is not telling the truth, but what I think is different is yes DL would lie to the papers (because he thinks they are scum) but what would he achieve by telling employees at a place where he may have to continue work for the coming months if the takeover does not go ahead. He loses face doing that and from what I hear it is MA that everyone hates a NUFC and the can tolerate DL.

Why would I change my mind, not only me has told you this story, Obi has and from what I read his source is as reliable as mine. If sources are told at NUFC that a Dubai consortium is on the verge of taking over at Newcastle then of course you have to believe it, the only way this wont happen is if the CEO is not telling the truth, but what I think is different is yes DL would lie to the papers (because he thinks they are scum) but what would he achieve by telling employees at a place where he may have to continue work for the coming months if the takeover does not go ahead. He loses face doing that and from what I hear it is MA that everyone hates a NUFC and the can tolerate DL.

I'm still keeping the faith.

Maybe DL thinks the employees are also scum?

Or maybe he hates your source/mate so he's winding him up by telling him porkies?

The possibilities are endless.

Guest dover

Ive heard fuck all from Dubai sources, cant imagine who would want to buy us from there to be fair. I dont have an itk but I live and work there most of the year and understand who the money men are...

Guest Roger Kint

I'm still keeping the faith.

As am I, after the past few days i dont for one minute beleive anyone would invent this(i mean his source not Thommo) as even a mackem surely wouldnt sink that low. Just praying its all sorted with enough time to salvage anything from this season

Maybe DL thinks the employees are also scum?

Or maybe he hates your source/mate so he's winding him up by telling him porkies?

The possibilities are endless.

It's not that unlikely, tbh. Thomo's source has leaked information before, and Llambias may want to use a suspected mole to release false information to the net and the media, if he feels the need for a smokescreen.

I don't wish to sound like I'm having a go at all these people who've 'heard' things, but I think it's pretty obvious what's going on.

Llambias last week was quoted in The Sun as saying 'a deal is close... could happen next week'. The quote wasn't denied.

Colleagues, newspapers, forum posters and websites are now all just falling over themselves to claim they're ITK based on the probability of one of them being right. If they're wrong they'll just blame their 'sources', or say it fell through at the last minute, as usual.

Let's just see what happens this week, because even though I don't trust Llambias as far as I could throw him, he's quite clearly our single most reliable source.

As people have said before, there's no point in speculating now, we just have to bide our time and hope that we go into the West Brom game with Shearer at the helm, even if we don't have any new players in!  Even if it doesn't happen this week, we still have another 4 weeks yet!

The transfer window is still open until the end of august, teams can have a poor month in august and still go on to do the business (at the risk of being lynched, anyone remember Scumderland under Keane?).

As hard as it is, we have to have faith!

Skysports are reporting that we have turned down a 10 million bid from Spurs for Bassong and a 2 million b id from Hull for Beye.

Could be that because Shearer told Ashley he wanted both to stay and formulate the basis of the defence, moves are a foot re: the sale this week with new owners directing no more sales.

Lets hope so.