RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I just love the thought that because it's bank holiday weekend, nothing can happen :lol:

It just gives me this image of the American lot sat there at 5pm, Friday and a watch beeps...

"Well lads, I know we really really want this deal to go through before the transfer window closes, but it's the weekend so we can't. Let's go PARTY!"

Guest Geordiekev

I just love the thought that because it's bank holiday weekend, nothing can happen :lol:

It just gives me this image of the American lot sat there at 5pm, Friday and a watch beeps...

"Well lads, I know we really really want this deal to go through before the transfer window closes, but it's the weekend so we can't. Let's go PARTY!"

Can hear the bank manager now:

Yanks..  " We need to deposit 100m into your bank over the weekend.."

Bank..    "Sorry we are closed for buisness due to the holidays."

Yanks..   "errr ok, later guys and thanks for your time.............. book our flights were off."

Whats the odds if these guys are serious and actually in the country that they turn up to see their possible purchase on Monday evening.

. . . and all of a sudden it STOPS . . . over SIX HOURS since the last posting in this thread!

After all the "waffle", the last six hours (which may be unique in the life of this thread?) is probably the most accurate reflection of what is happening now . . .

NOTHING !!

. . . and all of a sudden it STOPS . . . over SIX HOURS since the last posting in this thread!

After all the "waffle", the last six hours (which may be unique in the life of this thread?) is probably the most accurate reflection of what is happening now . . .

NOTHING !!

:clap:

Guest sicko2ndbest

“I would be hopeful we can add to the squad as soon as possible.The decisions on who comes in and at what stage will be made by the club, we’re just hopeful that come 5pm on Tuesday we’ve brought in the players we need to bolster the squad. What you want is your ideal squad now, but there are other issues at this club (regarding its ownership) and arguably bigger issues.”

Chris Hughton

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/08/29/hughton-confident-selling-of-nufc-players-has-ended-61634-24560797/2/

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

To be honest I don't think anything will happen until after the close of the transfer window. Things are progressing far too slowly for any takeover to be completed any time soon.

To be honest I don't think anything will happen until after the close of the transfer window. Things are progressing far too slowly for any takeover to be completed any time soon.

Hopefully they can do like what someone said the Citeh owners did, sign a legal agreement so that they can effectively start running the club immediatly whilst all the paperwork is still being sorted out.

A slight variation of the above . . . "To be honest I don't think anything will happen"

The Chronicle's main story is that Hughton is struggling to sign anyone and that there's very little money being made available by Ashley. If the new owners haven't tied this deal up by now I think it's fair to assume that we aren't going to invest in the squad by the transfer deadline so I don't really give a flying fuck how long it takes to sell the club after that.

Hopefully they can do like what someone said the Citeh owners did, sign a legal agreement so that they can effectively start running the club immediatly whilst all the paperwork is still being sorted out.

Comparing Newcastle to the sanity and common sense found at other clubs is like comparing two extremes. Please stop doing that, and your total understanding of Newcastle (and namely Ashley and his whores) will increase tenfold, giving you peace of mind as an added bonus.