RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ok.  If it's shite it's shite, but the point still stands that waiting to buy a car the floor is rusted out, the tires are bald and the transmission is shot makes no sense in comparison to buying it in an earlier, more workable condition.

Ok.  If it's shite it's shite, but the point still stands that waiting to buy a car the floor is rusted out, the tires are bald and the transmission is shot makes no sense in comparison to buying it in an earlier, more workable condition.

It's nothing like buying a car.

let me dumb it down a shade for you then

buying something abysmally broken and derelict for cheap = NOT GOOD IDEA

buying something that needs work but actually works = MUCH BETTER IDEA IN COMPARISON

Guest neesy111

i just don't understand ashley's logic

as if he got the wage bill to an acceptable level the club can live with then he would most likely receive more offers for the club and also leaving the club like this make's it less likely he'll get 100 million

the guy is complete buffoon and i hope he choke's on whatever animal he eat's every night, fucking fat bastard

Not if the asking price is higher and you see it falling apart anyway...

Fair enough.  We could be being courted by people who want to buy a club in the worst possible condition.  I admit I hadn't thought of that, chiefly because it's completely fucking mental to assume that.

You're basing that on the club being in a decent state right now though.

It's not.

PS - I don't see us going into administration or any of that shit btw, just think the buyer has no need to rush.

let me dumb it down a shade for you then

buying something abysmally broken and derelict for cheap = NOT GOOD IDEA

buying something that needs work but actually works = MUCH BETTER IDEA IN COMPARISON

:lol:

I suspect you'd make a very poor businessman.

One of the reasons we're in the state we are is cause Ashley bought the club Thomas styleee.  :pow:

I would have demanded paisley themed reupholstering of all sjp seats tbh :lol:

If there is an interested buyer, the psychologically battle will be between them and Ashley and very little to do with the club. You need to think about it in these terms. It's like a poker player slowly running out of chips, you start playing bluffs when you know they don't have the financial muscle to call any longer.

If there is an interested buyer, the psychologically battle will be between them and Ashley and very little to do with the club. You need to think about it in these terms. It's like a poker player slowly running out of chips, you start playing bluffs when you know they don't have the financial muscle to call any longer.

My whole thing is that waiting until it falls apart is, in my mind, waiting until things like players leave (nonpayment/fed up/all request transfers), staff is gutted (sounds like it's already happened), fan dissatisfaction(nothing new) and an even further plummetting of our already low standing in the game amidst the chaos we're currently embroiled in.

These things aren't all easily transferred into £ amounts and could end up costing a new owner a lot more than whatever they save by waiting for it. 

There's probably a sweet spot where the two lines cross, I just have no idea where it is. 

Presumably this is where the suggestion that Ashley wants more money if we go up is from. He wants £100m, but will accept £80m + £20m if the club isn't in quite as bad a state as the buyer thinks?

Guest neesy111

Presumably this is where the suggestion that Ashley wants more money if we go up is from. He wants £100m, but will accept £80m + £20m if the club isn't in quite as bad a state as the buyer thinks?

will the new buyer's be able to get rid of the shit that need's shifting out? if they doubt it, then 100 million is wayover the asking price and i would say the club is worth around 50 million

My whole thing is that waiting until it falls apart is, in my mind, waiting until things like players leave (nonpayment/fed up/all request transfers), staff is gutted (sounds like it's already happened), fan dissatisfaction(nothing new) and an even further plummetting of our already low standing in the game amidst the chaos we're currently embroiled in.

These things aren't all easily transferred into £ amounts and could end up costing a new owner a lot more than whatever they save by waiting for it. 

There's probably a sweet spot where the two lines cross, I just have no idea where it is. 

Nor do I, I'm just debating/discussing what the possible hold ups could be and the possible outcomes.

A football club is an intangible asset, it isn't like gold, there isn't a price on the stock market and it is also difficult to find a valuation in correlation with other clubs - Villa only cost 62m for instance and it is rumored Pompey is changing hands for 20m...NUFC is a unique asset in many other ways as it is a monopoly with a vast fanbase which is on the whole unquestioning in its support. The damage done in this scenario is relative to the valuation.

The real value of the club is actually around 240m if we were operating in the PL and had a fair wage structure, but IMO the actual value of the club maybe even double that if we started playing niche one football anytime soon. I sometimes sell ideas as part of what I do and if I was selling the club I would bear in mind that new owners would only be interested if they had negligible interest in residuals, hence letting it get a little worse might not be such an issue with them.

We're already in a position where the majority of the playing staff need to be replaced and there is no meaningful coaching or management structure, so I don't think that side of things could deteriorate much further in the eyes of a buyer.

Another relegation would be the only thing I could see that would have that effect, and presumably things will be sorted before then (!).

We're already in a position where the majority of the playing staff need to be replaced and there is no meaningful coaching or management structure, so I don't think that side of things could deteriorate much further in the eyes of a buyer.

Another relegation would be the only thing I could see that would have that effect, and presumably things will be sorted before then (!).

Agreed.

I hope this doesn't drag on for another week as I think we've been put through enough.

But Ashley being Ashley he'll find someway to stretch it out if it means getting one over on us before he leaves. He's that sort of a petty little fuck.

What's seriously started to worry me in recent days is whether we're actually guaranteed anyone better.

I mean, it's a pretty safe bet but I was stung royally when welcoming Ashley into NUFC. I don't want that again ffs. :lol:

If this is actually going to go through I think it will be some time in August and we'll have about half a month to bring some players in. Following the deadline we can get loans in still though, right?

What's seriously started to worry me in recent days is whether we're actually guaranteed anyone better.

I mean, it's a pretty safe bet but I was stung royally when welcoming Ashley into NUFC. I don't want that again ffs. :lol:

We all were except for Ne5 who had his cock lodged up Shepherd's blobby arse.

I just don't think we could find a more incompetent idiot than we have now, so anything above that is a bonus! You never know we may get lucky.

Guest Slippery Sam

If there is brinkmanship going on, what must be borne in mind, by those trying playing chicken with MA, is someone else jumping in and buying the thing ahead of you.

I reckon we will be sold by the end of this week. Yes, I know it's another 'this week' thing, but I just have this feeling in me water!