RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't think Keegan's got much of a case, but if Ashley had to pay up he could hardly complain. His decision to back Wise and Llambiarse over Keegan has cost him millions, at least now staring into the abyss the fat fool must acknowledge it.

KK walked though, he wasn't sacked, in fact Ashley tried to bring him back and KK refused.

Tough shit if KK didn't like Wise, it doesn't make him entitled to £8m of the clubs money because he cannot put personal differences aside, he knew someone was going to fill the role, he said so himself.

Like I said, I personally don't think keegan's got much of a case so I agree he's not entitled to any more money from the club. I was just pointing out that the keegan fiasco was of Ashley's own making and his shit decisions like appointing Wise have backfired spectacularly. By being a tight-arsed cunt, it's ended up costing him millions more than it would have to have given Keegan some support.

Rational thinking suggests that if there are some 'interested parties' they realise they hold all the cards as they can just sit back till things get worse and pay even less. If I was buying the club I'd wait a few more weeks.

Leaving it another few weeks means our best players will leave, we won't have enough time the remove most of the shit high earners from the side (meaning a shit unmotivated side and the huge wage bill staying in place) and we may not even be able to get a decent manager.  It would probably end up costing the new owners more then they could possibly save on the price of the club.  Plus they have competition which makes a waiting game even more dangerous.

Rational thinking suggests that if there are some 'interested parties' they realise they hold all the cards as they can just sit back till things get worse and pay even less. If I was buying the club I'd wait a few more weeks.

Leaving it another few weeks means our best players will leave, we won't have time the remove most of the shit high earners from the side (meaning a shit unmotivated side and the huge wage bill staying in place) and we may not even be able to get a decent manager.  It would end up costing the new owners more then they could possibly save on the price of the club.  IMO they'd only do that if they have no idea about Football.

I think its quite possible that the buyers are holding on until Owen, Viduka etc contracts are up as theres at least a 1 million pound saving if the end of contract payment rumours are true, i know 1-2million is not a huge amount but it would pay 2 players 15k a week for a year, so if it was a case of holding on for 2-3 days then its sensible,  but as you say holding on any longer than the middle of this week is just crazy.

Leaving it another few weeks means our best players will leave, we won't have time the remove most of the shit high earners from the side (meaning a shit unmotivated side and the huge wage bill staying in place) and we may not even be able to get a decent manager.  It would end up costing the new owners more then they could possibly save on the price of the club.  IMO they'd only do that if they have no idea about Football.

I think its quite possible that the buyers are holding on until Owen, Viduka etc contracts are up as theres at least a 1 million pound saving if the end of contract payment rumours are true, i know 1-2million is not a huge amount but it would pay 2 players 15k a week for a year, so if it was a case of holding on for 2-3 days then its sensible,  but as you say holding on any longer than the middle of this week is just crazy.

Unfortunately for them those payouts will be paid by the club and so will still be there to be dealt with by the new owners when they come in.

There's one poit of view from where that would seem to be most irrational. If you're buying a business that you wish to run you'd rather want to have it in as good condition as possible, not run down and in a state of disrepair that it would cost considerable finance to get it up and running again. More so where that business is a football club that operates on different timescales to ordinary business - I would have thought.

Leaving it another few weeks means our best players will leave, we won't have enough time the remove most of the shit high earners from the side (meaning a shit unmotivated side and the huge wage bill staying in place) and we may not even be able to get a decent manager.  It would probably end up costing the new owners more then they could possibly save on the price of the club.  Plus they have competition which makes a waiting game even more dangerous.

Most of those are the problems of the current owner. Why should a prospective owner give a fuck if it means strengthening his hand. Without new owners MA will be doing all he can to reduce the wage bill anyway. I don't see huge competition for the ownership of NUFC sorry.

Unfortunately for them those payouts will be paid by the club and so will still be there to be dealt with by the new owners when they come in.

How so?

Every week MA pays the wages and bonuses and running costs it one less week of cash for the new owners to find....UNLESS MA is racking up some big debt somewhere to borrow the money to keep the club running.

There's one poit of view from where that would seem to be most irrational. If you're buying a business that you wish to run you'd rather want to have it in as good condition as possible, not run down and in a state of disrepair that it would cost considerable finance to get it up and running again. More so where that business is a football club that operates on different timescales to ordinary business - I would have thought.

If there is anyone in the wings I think they'd rather pay 60m than 100m, I know I would.

Most of those are the problems of the current owner. Why should a prospective owner give a fuck if it means strengthening his hand. Without new owners MA will be doing all he can to reduce the wage bill anyway. I don't see huge competition for the ownership of NUFC sorry.

Explain why buying a worse product for less is a better idea than buying a good product for more? 

The only concern of someone buying the club is not just getting the most cut rate/discount price possible.  If it was, then yes, they'd wait until the club was half a step from administration before jumping in with the lowest possible offer.  But what would they really be getting for their frugality, and would we want owners like that?

The worse a state the club is in when it is bought means more effort on the part of the new owners to rectify this.  Nothing is truly saved, nor is their hand strengthened ANY, by waiting until the club is worth nothing before buying. 

Especially if they had budgeted £100m so it gives them £40m to turn things around.

Exactly. They get to keep the money for their project rather than just having it vanish into MA's black hole.

Explain why buying a worse product for less is a better idea than buying a good product for more? 

The only concern of someone buying the club is not just getting the most cut rate/discount price possible.  If it was, then yes, they'd wait until the club was half a step from administration before jumping in with the lowest possible offer.  But what would they really be getting for their frugality, and would we want owners like that?

The worse a state the club is in when it is bought means more effort on the part of the new owners to rectify this.  Nothing is truly saved, nor is their hand strengthened ANY, by waiting until the club is worth nothing before buying. 

Why not wait till admin or receivership or when MA just runs out of cash/goodwill?

Why not wait till admin or receivership or when MA just runs out of cash/goodwill?

"Why not wait ..." to do what, exactly?  What question are you even asking here?

"Why not wait ..." to do what, exactly?  What question are you even asking here?

:facepalm:

Your deliberate attempts at negativity get more ridiculous with each passing day.

Might it not be common sense to see if the club shifts most of the 70m wage bill? Or do you think a new owner is just going to take that on as well?  :lol:

Your deliberate attempts at negativity get more ridiculous with each passing day.

Might it not be common sense to see if the club shifts most of the 70m wage bill? Or do you think a new owner is just going to take that on as well?  :lol:

That's not quite what you said though, is it?  You said they should "sit back and wait for things to get worse" as it would strengthen their hand. 

Waiting to see who or what gets shifted doesn't make sense as all transfers have been suspended, haven't they? 

That's not quite what you said though, is it?  You said they should "sit back and wait for things to get worse" as it would strengthen their hand. 

Waiting to see who or what gets shifted doesn't make sense as all transfers have been suspended, haven't they? 

Has time stopped? I thought transfers begun on July 1st?

Has time stopped? I thought transfers begun on July 1st?

Sorry, was only speaking about our clubs transfers.  Can't be arsed to find the articles online, they're probably linked somewhere in this thread, but all incoming or outgoing Newcastle transfers have supposedly been put on hold.