RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My optimistic guess would be that we will be sold either Thursday or friday next week to Shepherd, and Shearer will be in the stand against WBA with Hughton in charge, as Shearer won't have had time with the squad.

I love your optimism.

Guest Roger Kint

My optimistic guess would be that we will be sold either Thursday or friday next week to Shepherd, and Shearer will be in the stand against WBA with Hughton in charge, as Shearer won't have had time with the squad.

Ignoring the optimism issue i would imagine 14 secends with Shearer will be a greater influence than 14 days with Hughton

Ignoring the optimism issue i would imagine 14 secends with Shearer will be a greater influence than 14 days with Hughton

Yeh but that's how it generally turns out if a manager's appointed the day before a match.

Guest Roger Kint

Yeh but that's how it generally turns out if a manager's appointed the day before a match.

Oh ok just ignore my point then ;D

If it is shepherd's consortium that are still involved in negotiations it may explain Ashley's dithering and lack of communication. Ashley and Shepherd aren't exactly the best of friends and it may be Ashley's attempt at getting his own back on Shepherd for supposedly hiding club debts during the takeover.  Would it surprise anyone if Ashley was trying to run down time in the transfer window before accepting Shepherd's offer? He strikes me as exactly that type of spiteful, childish cunt!

Just speculation mind....

Guest johnson293

If it is shepherd's consortium that are still involved in negotiations it may explain Ashley's dithering and lack of communication. Ashley and Shepherd aren't exactly the best of friends and it may be Ashley's attempt at getting his own back on Shepherd for supposedly hiding club debts during the takeover.  Would it surprise anyone if Ashley was trying to run down time in the transfer window before accepting Shepherd's offer? He strikes me as exactly that type of spiteful, childish c***!

Just speculation mind....

Still a whole month to go yet until that closes though.

While hating to use them as a 'positive' example, I heard it commented on the radio yesterday that one glimmer of hope is to look back at Sunderland before they appointed Roy Keane as manager. They lost the first 4 matches (with Niall Quinn in charge) and then appointed Keane late in August.

They still managed to sign 6 players on deadline day (arguably not great players) but the change in management even at that late stage was enough to start turning things around. More players were added in January, and they were subsequently promoted as Champions, depsite the bad start to the season.

So, while we'd all love this sorted sooner rather than later, it still wont (potentially) be the end of the world as long as the club is sold before the transfer window closes, and any new owners appoint the right manager.

Shepherd or Seymour Pierce?

If Shepherd's been on holiday all this time when he's trying to buy the club, then it's even worse craic than Harris being on holiday trying to sell it.

He put in a bid and fucked off for golf. Hasn't missed a thing has he?

Why?

1. ARE you going to sell the club and if so, how many serious bidders are still active?

The first bit will be answered that it's on the market still. 

The second bit, there's no way they'll reveal to any of the other bidders if even one of their competitors have dropped out.  It would weaken Ashley's position in any negotiations.  It's stupid to think they would answer something like that.

2. IF you fail to find a buyer for Newcastle United, are you going to place the club in administration?

Daftest question of the lot.  Suppose he is considering it?  Do you think he wants to advertise to Barclays that he's considering protecting his investment (sic) from them?

3. WHEN are you going to appoint a full-time manager?

No way that will be answered whilst he's apparently actively trying to sell it.

4. ARE you sorry at the state of the club you have put up for sale?

Does anyone really think there's any other public answer to that than "Yes"

5. IF you had your time again, what would you do differently with Newcastle United?

6. EXACTLY how has the situation come to this, and at what point did things start to go so disastrously wrong?

5 & 6 are both questions for when/if he's gone.  They absolutely couldn't be answered now.

Oh & it screams of TABLOID journalism doing THAT with words when there's NO need.

Guest pont-toon

mick lowes was on radio newcastle about quarter to six ish the neet saying that he had just spoken to the dark lord Llambias who had informed him that he had met 2 different bidders today and remained optimistic about the club being sold before the quote "end of the summer"

mick lowes was on radio newcastle about quarter to six ish the neet saying that he had just spoken to the dark lord Llambias who had informed him that he had met 2 different bidders today and remained optimistic about the club being sold before the quote "end of the summer"

That's pretty much what's been in all today's papers, so it's nothing different really.