RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

Will he not just be adding all expenses (ie wages) to the club debt, therefore the club losing money?

Presumably any costs adding to the overdraft will simply be slapped on top of the price unfortunately

Guest toonlass

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/07/29/takeover-talks-still-going-on-61634-24262939/2/

A senior United source said: “It is absolutely disgraceful what they have done. How can you pull out of a race you didn’t even enter?

“Yes, there has been some contact between Profitable and Seymour Pierce, but that was it. They talked about a figure they were prepared to bid and were told to go away and prove they had the funds to finance that bid.

“The figures they were talking about were low, but if they had done that, they would have been involved in the next stage of the process, which was access to the data room so they could look at the books.

“They failed to provide that proof of funds despite having plenty of opportunities to do so. Hopefully this will be the last we hear of them.”

Fucking hell, the club has finally said something decent!

I'd like to announce that I hereby end my interest in shagging Angelina Jolie tonight.

What was the due diligence like?

Sticky.

Smells a bit fishy to me.

surely?

Shirley?

that 65 million wage bill will have come down a bit with cacapa, owen and viduka leaving though

I guess the last released figures for the wage bill also included Given and N'Zogbia and I imagine Given was one of the high earners.

Despite repeated claims from managing director Derek Llambias that a sale is imminent, a deal is yet to be done, with the Singapore-based Profitable Group yesterday withdrawing its interest.

...And a usually reliable source close to another bidder has made contact with the Chronicle saying they are extremely frustrated in their efforts to negotiate a deal.

Those involved are said to be angered at the way they have been treated, the time it is taking to get access to the accounts and the lack of communication from the club.

It might be a list of "stupid questions" by the Chronicle but those quotes from the source sound about right. It's the usual Mike Ashley way of doing things...dither, mess people around, go for drink with his mates instead of a business meeting etc. We've heard it all before.

Despite repeated claims from managing director Derek Llambias that a sale is imminent, a deal is yet to be done, with the Singapore-based Profitable Group yesterday withdrawing its interest.

...And a usually reliable source close to another bidder has made contact with the Chronicle saying they are extremely frustrated in their efforts to negotiate a deal.

Those involved are said to be angered at the way they have been treated, the time it is taking to get access to the accounts and the lack of communication from the club.

It might be a list of "stupid questions" by the Chronicle but those quotes from the source sound about right. It's the usual Mike Ashley way of doing things...dither, mess people around, go for drink with his mates instead of a business meeting etc. We've heard it all before.

I reckon it would be safe to assume it's Shepherd's lot

Aye that's what I assumed.

Guest Phil K

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/07/29/takeover-talks-still-going-on-61634-24262939/2/

A senior United source said: “It is absolutely disgraceful what they have done. How can you pull out of a race you didn’t even enter?

“Yes, there has been some contact between Profitable and Seymour Pierce, but that was it. They talked about a figure they were prepared to bid and were told to go away and prove they had the funds to finance that bid.

“The figures they were talking about were low, but if they had done that, they would have been involved in the next stage of the process, which was access to the data room so they could look at the books.

“They failed to provide that proof of funds despite having plenty of opportunities to do so. Hopefully this will be the last we hear of them.”

Not that I want to side with Ashley, but that sounds about right

Still loathe Ashley and co - and believe they aren't doing enough.

And that there IS a problem with Ashleys lethargy on selling.

Probably why Ashley is dragging his heels over the whole thing. He probably figures that Shepherd won't pull out being a local which gives him a bit more time to try and do a deal somewhere else. All these assumptions are on  shaky ground and it would be no surprise if they blow up in the fat bastard's face. 

My optimistic guess would be that we will be sold either Thursday or friday next week to Shepherd, and Shearer will be in the stand against WBA with Hughton in charge, as Shearer won't have had time with the squad.