RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

is there any foundation to this?? where has this guy been mentioned?? dont say its just been made up again........

As far as I know there is either barely any foundation too it or absolutely none at all, it might even be someone just randomly brought up his name actually :lol:

Slag:

Meanwhile the Toon Army remain similarly in the dark about their club's long mooted take-over although a meeting involving Seymour Pierce, the investment bank brokering the sale, Newcastle officials and representatives of one of the consortiums interested in buying out Ashley - the subject of abusive chants from many in a suprisingly healthy 16,945 crowd last night - is believed to have taken place yesterday and may possibly herald some sort of breakthrough.

What chants?

The ultras never shut up about Ashley all game man

Never heard a thing doon in the NE corner.

it was a struggle to hear them sitting inthe middle of the East Stand,  when their voices break they may make some noise instead of the current high pitch squeal

Sorry to say this but if a billionair buy us I want Keegan as a manger not Shearer

Get it into your head Kevin fucking Keegan is not a good football manager

good yellow streaked cowardice bastard who runs away like a virgin after her first anal session yes....good football manager NO

Sorry to say this but if a billionair buy us I want Keegan as a manger not Shearer

Get it into your head Kevin f***ing Keegan is not a good football manager

good yellow streaked cowardice b****** who runs away like a virgin after her first anal session yes....good football manager NO

:lol:

good yellow streaked cowardice bastard who runs away like a virgin after her first anal session yes....good football manager NO

You sir, are a grade 'A' fucknut.

good yellow streaked cowardice b****** who runs away like a virgin after her first anal session yes....good football manager NO

Fuck off.

You sir, are a grade 'A' fucknut.

Dave is that worse than "tool"?

:lol:

One of the most idiotic statements I've read on here in a while, and that says a lot.

For the record, I'd not be for a 3rd coming. But saying he was a shite manager is pure ignorant stupidity.

Out of interest is there anyone who'd actually prefer Shearer to Keegan, should a person of considerable wealth buy the club?

Me. I'm not desperate for Shearer to get the job at all, but I wouldn't want Keegan back under any circumstances now. If it was a choice between only those two I'd choose Shearer every time.

Out of interest is there anyone who'd actually prefer Shearer to Keegan, should a person of considerable wealth buy the club?

100% shearer. i never liked keegan anyways.....his latest spell just sealed the deal for me.

Keagen with free check book would be dream. I wonder what kind of players he would buy if he was Man City manger... He would have bought all the talented players in the world... But for a regular owner Sherarer in myopionin might do the job for the good of the long term value...

hahahaha well said.,

we do not need a fooking 3rd coming, have we not learn anything?  once bitten...........etc....etc

theSun is on a fooking wind-up anyway, they know we would lap this type of sh1t up. 

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2562640/Ghost-Toon.html

More bollocks from the currant bun, some dubai bloke wanting Keegan as he has more "global appeal" than Shearer.Surely the compo claim would be a bit of a sticking point.

Some of it is like OH YES and than WHAT!!

Ghost Toon

By GEOFF SWEET and DAVID FACEY

KEVIN KEEGAN could make a sensational return to Newcastle if a Dubai tycoon succeeds with a £100million bid for the troubled club.

And managing director Derek Llambias last night insisted the club could have new owners within the next WEEK.

The latest twist in the Toon saga emerged as Newcastle drew 0-0 with Leeds in front of just 16,000 fans at St James' Park - and 5,000 of those were supporting the visitors.

It was a far cry from the days when the football-mad Geordies would turn up in their thousands just to welcome a new player.

Such was the ]gloomy air around the eerily-silent ground, club officials even had crowd cheers played through the Tannoy system when the players came out.

But an upbeat Llambias claimed to be dealing with several interested parties, including Sirous Mahjoob

who wants to install Keegan - and NOT Alan Shearer - as manager.

Llambias confirmed he is ready to meet Mahjoob in the next few days but that alternative deals are on the table.

It means the end is in sight for controversial owner Mike Ashley, whose £240m investment in the Toon has been a nightmare, culminating in relegation to the Championship.

Llambias said: "We are dealing with several people and giving most of our time and attention to the sale.

"You must remember that some parties make offers but when it comes to putting up proof of funds they are a long way from sealing a deal.

"But I can say we are very close to completing a deal and it could happen next week."

On Tuesday, the Singapore-based Profitable Group, fronted by ex-Liverpool star Steve McMahon, pulled out.

Whatever happens, it seems that caretaker-boss Chris Hughton will be in charge of Newcastle's opening clash at West Brom on Saturday week because there simply will not be time for new owners to appoint their own man.

Llambias added: "It's Catch 22 - anyone who signs a deal will want their own choice of manager.

"Look what happened when Mike took over, Sam Allardyce was already in place and he didn't want him."

One of Mahjoob's intentions is to use the club as a global advertising vehicle for a new information website.

Should his £100m offer be successful he promises to hand over £40m for new players.

His spokesman said: "The money is there. Mr Mahjoob has a healthy interest in football and is bidding to take over an ailing club with a great worldwide reputation.

"He envisages a clean sweep with Kevin Keegan coming back as manager, this time with his own staff and control of players.

"Last time Keegan inherited a lot of people he didn't necessarily want and we don't want the same situation again.

"He has nothing against Shearer. He just thinks Keegan retains greater global appeal."

Last night's game highlighted how far the club have fallen - 13 years to the day after Shearer joined from Blackburn.

Their expensive team of misfits was out-passed in the first half, with Leeds midfielder Fabian Delph looking head and shoulders above the opposition.

Joey Barton decided he had been made to look foolish once too often and took out Delph with a body check.

Obafemi Martins was not among the subs, paving the way for his £7.5m move to German club Wolfsburg.

you beat me to it :)

for once I hope this is some true stuff... from the sun pfff.. I know...  but still  :celb: <--- long time since I've used this. Feels good... I might just add some more :celb: :celb: :celb: just for the cause... :pow:

can someone make a sheik smiley ?:D