RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I reckon the simplistic explanation is the most likely.

Their bid didnt match our asking price and you dont announce you turned down a 100m bid for the club (because the price is really 250m) as it would probably cause a riot.

You can pretend to yourself they were shysters, if it makes you feel better though.

Their bid didnt match our asking price and you dont announce you turned down a 100m bid for the club (because the price is really 250m) as it would probably cause a riot.

You can pretend to yourself they were shysters, if it makes you feel better though.

okay Ocham

The longer this whole fiasco continues the more I am beginning to think that Ashley is prepared to see us go to the wall. Think about his long, protracted, public fight with Dave Whelan. Ashley continues to attempt to humiliate and belittle the man at every opportunity. Why would he not do the same with Newcastle. He has the power to absolutely destroy the club if he wants. I cannot see this ending in a good way if I am honest and its tearing me up to see our club being destroyed by a greedy, selfish man who has no concept of what Newcastle United football club means to its supporters.

I'm afraid you're wrong, Ashley does not have "the power to absolutely destroy the club" but he does have the power to drag us down a few divisions and that looks to be his gameplan.

The club will survive Ashley and, trying just to see the merest hint of silver in the blackest of clouds, a total clearout and starting again with a blank canvass might not be all bad.

Of course he has the ability to destroy the club. He doesn't need to put the club into administration. He can pay the overheads, sell off the good players and recoup as much of the money he put into the club to buy the debts, but spend bugger all on new players etc. He can basically run us into the ground if he wants to. He did not become a billionaire by chance you know.

The club will still be here though, even after administration. No one can destroy an institution the size of NUFC. As Jimmy says he can however do a hell of a lot of damage to the club, which I truely believe he's blindly doing right now, in very much the same way as he allowed us to sleepwalk into relegation. I don't think he's factored everything in, I'm certain he's still under the impression that he'll get his 100 mill for the club and is prepared to wait until the last day of the the transfer window to get it. Only then, when no one has stepped up, will he realise the folly of his ways.

If you put Ashley Sports Direct into Google there are a few horror stories of his business practices, lack of communication with everyone, sacking PR people, in other words doing it his own sweet way. He is single minded and won't take advice from anyone. We can only hope he's in talks with someone, I really think administration isn't an option for him, his ego is as big as SJP, administration would be seen as failure and he seems to be driven by the need to be the biggest, not the biggest failure.  He is clueless as to where football is concerned as we all know but will not  be told to do anything by anyone, that is clear. The answer is to expect the unexpected.

And whatever he does Newcastle will still stand - whatever state we are in when he is finished messing about. We will rise again.

Guest toonlass

The longer this whole fiasco continues the more I am beginning to think that Ashley is prepared to see us go to the wall. Think about his long, protracted, public fight with Dave Whelan. Ashley continues to attempt to humiliate and belittle the man at every opportunity. Why would he not do the same with Newcastle. He has the power to absolutely destroy the club if he wants. I cannot see this ending in a good way if I am honest and its tearing me up to see our club being destroyed by a greedy, selfish man who has no concept of what Newcastle United football club means to its supporters.

I'm afraid you're wrong, Ashley does not have "the power to absolutely destroy the club" but he does have the power to drag us down a few divisions and that looks to be his gameplan.

The club will survive Ashley and, trying just to see the merest hint of silver in the blackest of clouds, a total clearout and starting again with a blank canvass might not be all bad.

Of course he has the ability to destroy the club. He doesn't need to put the club into administration. He can pay the overheads, sell off the good players and recoup as much of the money he put into the club to buy the debts, but spend bugger all on new players etc. He can basically run us into the ground if he wants to. He did not become a billionaire by chance you know.

The club will still be here though, even after administration. No one can destroy an institution the size of NUFC. As Jimmy says he can however do a hell of a lot of damage to the club, which I truely believe he's blindly doing right now, in very much the same way as he allowed us to sleepwalk into relegation. I don't think he's factored everything in, I'm certain he's still under the impression that he'll get his 100 mill for the club and is prepared to wait until the last day of the the transfer window to get it. Only then, when no one has stepped up, will he realise the folly of his ways.

I don't think he would put us into administration though. I think he will run the club down

this club is a f***ing nightmare

I reckon ashley is going to get beaten to a pulp if he takes us into administration!

I'm actually surprised theres not been any kind of protest outside SJP this pre-season, the whole club is being destroyed before our eyes and nothing is being done about it

The whole thing doesn't make any sense. From Ashley buying the club in the first place all the way through to his running it into the ground now.

I wonder how the media would be reacting if the people who bought Man U, Chelsea or Liverpool had done the same sort of thing to them that Ashley has done to us. It's funny how Mike Ashley is a 'fit and proper person' by the Premier League ownership rules but we'd have been better off if a Taiwanese dictator had bought us!

Huh? We are one of the most talked about teams pre-season, i don't get your point at all. 

We are one of the most talked about teams but most of it very inaccurate and resorts to the old cliches.  With the exception of George Caulkin, there are few if any print or broadcast journalists reporting the current situation in what I would consider to be an accurate manner.  As ever, everyone else thinks it is all the fans fault and that Ashley has paid off all the debt and we are an ungrateful bunch obsessed with former idols and so deserve everything we get.  Furthermore we would not be in the mess if we had kept Allardyce and so on.

I don't even think the comparison with Leeds is that relevant other than where we might end up.  There are so many times in the last 2 years that you can point to where the wrong decision has been made (if they had just made the correct decision on one of those occasions, our situation might be different now) - it has not been about chasing the dream as with Leeds and overspending in trying to achieve that.  It has been about employing the wrong people, employing people with no football experience, choosing to back the wrong people, selling the wrong players, not reacting promptly and letting things drift, employing Xisco for £50k a week for 5 years (still cannot believe that is true) and Bassong on £5k for 2 or 3 years to mention just a few.

Most of these things are being glossed over.  We've already had a play written on this season but there is definitely a whole book waiting to be written on how not to run a football club based on the last 2 years under Ashley.

Yeah you're spot on with Leeds, it annoys me how people consistly compare our situations, but as you rightly say the only thing that is similar is the probable outcome. Administration right now is looking the most likely outcome of this sorry mess.

NUFC is the only club in one of Britain's largest metropolitan centers with one of the finest stadia in Europe. We can only fall so far. I'd wager the lower limit would be somewhere around League 1 level.

At some point Ashley will let go of the club once he's got his money back, someone with a brain will come in and that alone would probably let us get back to the Premiership eventually. We'll be in the wilderness for perhaps a decade at most. This club's too big to not rise again (same for places like Leeds or Southampton, which we'll surely see back in the top flight sooner or later.)

Until then it's just a matter of clenching our teeth and persevering through the worst.

Guest Roger Kint

Is this pretending?

From the start, the Profitable Group - and they have not been alone - have not been shy in announcing their intentions, yet it is understood that while they made contact with Seymour Pierce, they never provided the necessary guarantees proving they could afford Ashley’s £100m asking price. For that reason, they were not provided access to the data room in which Newcastle’s troubled finances were laid bare.

That what Caulkin said not one of us

I don't think he would put us into administration though. I think he will run the club down

The point is, Ashley can do what the fuck he likes! NUFC will be here long after Ashley is dead and buried, and hopefully, in his obese state, he'll be dead sooner rather than later.

Keep eating the pies Mike! And by the way, you can't take it with you, you fat cunt!

Guest icemanblue

Is this pretending?

From the start, the Profitable Group - and they have not been alone - have not been shy in announcing their intentions, yet it is understood that while they made contact with Seymour Pierce, they never provided the necessary guarantees proving they could afford Ashleys £100m asking price. For that reason, they were not provided access to the data room in which Newcastles troubled finances were laid bare.

:lol:

Does he know more than us, like?

NUFC is the only club in one of Britain's largest metropolitan centers with one of the finest stadia in Europe. We can only fall so far. I'd wager the lower limit would be somewhere around League 1 level.

At some point Ashley will let go of the club once he's got his money back, someone with a brain will come in and that alone would probably let us get back to the Premiership eventually. We'll be in the wilderness for perhaps a decade at most. This club's too big to not rise again (same for places like Leeds or Southampton, which we'll surely see back in the top flight sooner or later.)

Until then it's just a matter of clenching our teeth and persevering through the worst.

I thought you had decided to fuck off and go back to 'supporting' one of the teams you can watch on tv?

I guess you couldn't resist posting more tripe as you try and pretend you're a fellow NUFC fan for one more day...

Metropolis? League 1 the limit? 10 years in the wilderness?

You're clueless. Please stop.

What are we, the 20th largest city in Britain? Hardly one of the largest

I thought you had decided to f*** off and go back to 'supporting' one of the teams you can watch on tv?

I guess you couldn't resist posting more tripe as you try and pretend you're a fellow NUFC fan for one more day...

I'd like to know to what extent this kind of pointless abusive behavior is allowed around here, especially considering that it's becoming a pattern.

What are we, the 20th largest city in Britain? Hardly one of the largest

I think you know as well as I that city boundries don't mean much here. Im sure the Tyneside conerbation has a population of around 800'000.

I thought you had decided to f*** off and go back to 'supporting' one of the teams you can watch on tv?

I'd like to know to what extent this kind of pointless abusive behavior is allowed around here, especially considering that it's becoming a pattern.

You're the poster who claimed that he couldn't support the club anymore, too embarrassing (or words to that effect) and now you're back trying to talk about the club in an 'informed' manner but coming across like a skysportsnews mong ("we'll be back up soon")...

quite frankly, your contradictory opinions combined with your uneducated attempts to be a smart-arse come across as quite inflammatory

You're the poster who claimed that he couldn't support the club anymore, too embarrassing (or words to that effect) and now you're back trying to talk about the club in an 'informed' manner but coming across like a skysportsnews mong ("we'll be back up soon")...

quite frankly, your contradictory opinions combined with your uneducated attempts to be a smart-arse come across as quite inflammatory

I don't see anything wrong in any of the opinions I've expressed on this forum. Quite frankly, you're the only one who seems to have a problem with them in the first place.

If anything is "inflammatory" here, it's your childish and abusive behavior.

Guest Roger Kint

Is this pretending?

From the start, the Profitable Group - and they have not been alone - have not been shy in announcing their intentions, yet it is understood that while they made contact with Seymour Pierce, they never provided the necessary guarantees proving they could afford Ashley’s £100m asking price. For that reason, they were not provided access to the data room in which Newcastle’s troubled finances were laid bare.

:lol:

Does he know more than us, like?

The link is a few pages back saying this from someone at Keith Harris' gaff. Maybe you should read it