RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'd trust the Sun over Parky tbh.

:aww:

I know him. Dum dum dah...

He is friends with the Maktooum family and certain big time property boys in Dubai and Hong Kong.

Between them they have 5 yachts. I can't say whether he will buy the club, but he exists, sky have probably spelt the name Englishstylee... :facepalm:

Well, you can only spell it Englishstylee really, when you're translating a name from a language which uses a different alphabet all you can do is spell it phonetically.  That's why there's so many inconsistencies in western spellings of Arab names and things like Taliban/Taleban.

Is there a more common spelling of it we could search for though?  Or do you know how to spell it in Farsi or whatever?  :aww:

He is friends with the Maktooum family and certain big time property boys in Dubai and Hong Kong.

Between them they have 5 yachts. I can't say whether he will buy the club, but he exists, sky have probably spelt the name Englishstylee... :facepalm:

Well, you can only spell it Englishstylee really, when you're translating a name from a language which uses a different alphabet all you can do is spell it phonetically.  That's why there's so many inconsistencies in western spellings of Arab names and things like Taliban/Taleban.

Is there a more common spelling of it we could search for though?  or do you know how to spell it in Farsi or whatever?  :aww:

Just saying this is probably the google fiasco in a nutshell. Kids think everything is on google, in reality very little of worth is.

Is there a more common spelling of it we could search for though?  or do you know how to spell it in Farsi or whatever?  :aww:

Just saying this is probably the google fiasco in a nutshell. Kids think everything is on google, in reality very little of worth is.

Just the entire body of human scientific understanding from google scholar.

Apart from that, obviously nothing of importance.

Try a different language version of google.

Tried it.

The name is definitely Persian, and I'd never heard it before. Have no clue how it is spelled or pronounced in Arabic (I'm fluent)

Thing is, all the papers are using the same spelling and they've obviously all got that spelling from somewhere so it's been used before.  Even if it wasn't the most common spelling, you should be able to find an instance of it on English language sites considering business deals with rich middle-easterners get into the financial press.  You'd think alternative spellings would be close enough for a "did you mean" suggestion if there's results for something like Sirrus Marjoob

Just saying it isn't likely to be up on Dubai based secretive property developers. Whereas I am. [/giggle]

Sun claims he's from Dubai.

I know. As I've explained, a sizable portion of UAE nationals are of Persian origin - most of them filthy rich.

Yes.

Please. Which Emirati isn't filthy rich? Not exactly a unique insight, man.

Is it worth noting that there's been nothing about this, nothing at all on SSN this morning? As in, they're not sure that it's true and therefore newsworthy?

Have you ever watched SSN before?

Sun claims he's from Dubai.

I know. As I've explained, a sizable portion of UAE nationals are of Persian origin - most of them filthy rich.

Yes.

Please. Which Emirati isn't filthy rich? Not exactly a unique insight, man.

Referring to Emiratis of Persian origin

Is it worth noting that there's been nothing about this, nothing at all on SSN this morning? As in, they're not sure that it's true and therefore newsworthy?

It'll be there 'Just in' at about 2pm.

Guest Roger Kint

Have you ever watched SSN before?

:mackems:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

don`t believe it untill its done, should have been over ages agom 10 days to the start of the seaon and nothing has happend, no manager nothing, goody, we are all ready

Could be the greatest tactical swerve in history!

Lure WBA off gaurd, making them thinking we're an unorganised, depressed, shambles of a club with no direction, no fire, no hope... THEN BANG! We win 10-0... nah.